Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grubber

Quote from: thewanderer on November 20, 2009, 04:36:24 PM
Darnel Parkinson was on the armagh u21 squad in 06/07. He is a fantastic athlete and has come on leaps and bounds this year as he spent last summer 08 in san Francisco. his attitude towards training is second to none, hopefully should be a good addition to armagh.

Looking forward to him making his mark. I hear he had the Dromore boys under pressure in a friendly last month.

winsamsoon

Is Parkinson a local lad???  How lomg has he played for the og's because he has never stood out when i have played against them or watch them so can't understand how he suddenly burst on the scene as county standard
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

el_cuervo_fc

Yes he's played for the Ogs since underage

Quote from: winsamsoon on November 21, 2009, 03:02:26 AM
Is Parkinson a local lad???  How lomg has he played for the og's because he has never stood out when i have played against them or watch them so can't understand how he suddenly burst on the scene as county standard

Skiddybadoo

Nothing against the lad at all, but I dont think Parkinson is even close to being inter-county standard.  I know that Cross management were impressed with him in the recent semi final and Donal has prob suggested having a closer look at him.  However, when the Ogs played Ulster before the county final he looked completely out of his depth.  Best of luck, I hope he proves me wrong.

crossfire

Is the under 21 final going ahead in the Athletic Grounds tomorrow.
I heard rumours it might be switched.

Skiddybadoo

U-21 Final has beem moved to Killeavy.

crossfire

ACFfoxy

Quote from: gander on November 16, 2009, 10:07:35 AM
its good for getting all the club fixtures and results though

check out armaghgaa.info for all that mate.  No bullshite on it from kids and has up to date results.  Early days on the forum but i spoke with the owner briefly when i met him to get my prize i won on the forum and he seems to be a decent fella who is putting a lot of effort into the forum.

bennydorano

Too soon for Parkinson, he may make it but I severly doubt he's ready yet.  A fella that's been playing B football this year as well.

pearseog

he was only playing B Championship this year because he was out of the country last year and didn't play Senior Championship last year. He was named in the first 15 at the start of the year and so didn't play any B football in the league. he's a good athlete with a great attitude towards the game. no reason he couldn't make it. anyone that was at the quarter final against cross would have seen him take one of armagh footballs all-time greats Oisin McConville to the cleaners.

torres

Quote from: pearseog on November 22, 2009, 05:36:38 PM
he was only playing B Championship this year because he was out of the country last year and didn't play Senior Championship last year. He was named in the first 15 at the start of the year and so didn't play any B football in the league. he's a good athlete with a great attitude towards the game. no reason he couldn't make it. anyone that was at the quarter final against cross would have seen him take one of armagh footballs all-time greats Oisin McConville to the cleaners.
he,s a good athlelte all right as he also plays soccer for the local redstar team in the mid ulster league , he could be one for the future but time will tell , i would,nt read  too much into taking [ oisin to the cleaners b] as he is not the player he was  a few years ago .

bennydorano

He wouldn't be on the same field as a McConville of 10 yrs ago.  He's a decent footballer and could make it in time.

winsamsoon

Even 5 years there Benny Mc Conville was a class act as was Jim the older little brother
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

charlie stubbs

charlie stubbs

ne1 any word on the manager merry go round 4 next year?

heard peter rafferty taking tullysaran. 

miceal magill resigned from tones last week.