Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Cant say I'm shocked, bound to happen some time. 

Well done to the ogs, deserve to go on a win it now.

Cross will be back next year no doubt.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TacadoirArdMhacha

What a result!

Raging I sat at home to watch the soccer now. Blows the championship wide open. Obviously Ógs are strong favourites but plenty of team will fancy their chances.

Fair play to Cross - great champions for a long long time but its positive for Armagh football for someone to beat them. Stephenite will be a happy man as well!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

RealSpiritof98

cross were great champions, congrats to the ogs, they'll be hard to beat, dont think they deserve to win anything yet though, rest of the teams will be licking their lips.

Goats Do Shave

Even better... Ballyhegan beat Portydown by 2 points this evening! Think we're getting the points for their no show last week too! 4 big points for the depleted Davitts!

Congrats to the Og's though... they'll likely get beat in the next round now!  ::)

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on September 05, 2009, 08:36:10 PM
Even better... Ballyhegan beat Portydown by 2 points this evening! Think we're getting the points for their no show last week too! 4 big points for the depleted Davitts!

Congrats to the Og's though... they'll likely get beat in the next round now!  ::)
Even better again for yous we were beat tonight. 

I can't see any way back for us.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

DuffleKing

Congrats to the ogs. great news for football in armagh

Tyrones own

Jaysus...Who'd a thunk, fair play to the Og's 8)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

bcarrier

Deserves a mention on main board. End of (this)  line for greatest GAA club team ever.

fitzroyalty

Cross played none and missed a bucket of frees. bubbles was poor and favoured them for the whole game, Ogs had a stone wall penalty turned down. DD for ogs had oisin in his back pocket for the whole game, no12 mcmanus was everywhere and its between those two for motm. wonder will cross' oul hands call it a day after tonight  ???

crossfire

Congratulations to Ogs.
We missed a lot of chances but were well beat in the end.
No excuses.
Our lads took the defeat on the chin and i am very proud of them.
Best of luck to Ogs in the next round.

wats that 4 ref

well done ogs great performance more than 3 points a better side. ogs penalty turned down but not even a free in he gave a free out the whole place was laughing even croos ones. donal hadnt the balls to take oisin off he had a stinker even missin 21 yrd frees. if i were ogs i wouldnt get to carried away how many times has a team beaten the clear favourites and not went on to win that particular cup/c`ship etc. fair play cross all went to ogs after game and shook hands and wished all the best true champions and have been and still are the benchmark for the whole of the county. ps god help the team who draw them in 1st round next year. :P ;)

Orior

Obviously the foundation for this defeat by Cross was their B team getting beat by Poyntzpass.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Orior on September 05, 2009, 09:55:26 PM
Obviously the foundation for this defeat by Cross was their B team getting beat by Poyntzpass.

And their C team getting beat by Cullyhanna  ;)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 05, 2009, 08:27:51 PM
Cant say I'm shocked, bound to happen some time. 

Well done to the ogs, deserve to go on a win it now.

Cross will be back next year no doubt.

TBH pints I do doubt they will be, they looked a very old and jaded team tonight.

winsamsoon

Pearse Ogs thoroughly deserved their victory tonight and it would be an injustice for people to say that the cross are just sick of winning and that was why they won. They fully deserved the victory they out fought the cross in every department and the cross had no answer to them. The subs they brought on had no effect and the cathal short card is one that i think we have definetly seen the end of (no offence Cathal). Couldn't understand the reasoning behind the bellew sub and i agree that Murtagh hadn't the taws to take Mc Conville off. Special praise must go to the ogs back line  them lads were superb.

On the ref i actually thought the ref had a decent enough game. Fair enough he blew up for over carrying a few times but he did this for both teams to be fair. On the penalty incident my verdict was that a Og's lad was going through and the next thing he was on the ground and i don't think he tripped over himself so possibly this call was wrong.

Tonight belongs to the ogs they should enjoy it but they have won nothing yet This result will give every club in the county a massive boast especially those left in the senior championship.

Getting away from the game i saw a girl running acoss the pitch at Ht and wondered what she was doing onlyto see her emerge  with two medics. Now I take it someone in the crowd had taken ill.Now the county board will have to answer the question as to why there were no stewards to help the girl and she had to get help herself. I hope whoever it was is ok.

Also we had the farce of a pith invasion of children at HT. The subs can't get a warm up but childen can run on and play hurling etc a disgrace.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.