Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidelineKick

Quote from: crossfire on August 14, 2009, 02:04:47 PM
Dosey Emmets beat Cross 2nds last night in Division 4.
They celebrated as if they had won the all ireland.
Nice to keep someone happy. :)

Also nice to see some people don't let success go to their (inflated) head  ::)
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

IVEDECIDED

Is it only Cross allowed to enjoy results then??

TacadoirArdMhacha

Tiny rural club in enjoying beating larger richer more illustrious neighbours shocker. What a disgrace to the GAA Dorsey really are.  ::)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

T O Hare

"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Horatio Kane

Winnie Peg

Have a some respect crossfire and take your beating. What is wrong with celebrating success or is that just the preserve of Crossmaglen.

Smokin Joe

harps lead 7-1 at half time. They are much the better team.

Harpo

TacadoirArdMhacha

St Pat's 0-13 Killeavy 1-10

I'm a relieved man tonight.  ;D Our equaliser came with the last kick of the game 5 minutes into stoppage time and after Killeavy had won the ball only for one of their defenders to pass it staright to Tony Donnelly who kicked the equaliser. For all the world it looked like we were goners. There'll be complaints about the injury time but I thought it was justified, there were 3 and a half minutes of stoppages for 2 incidents in the last 5 minutes alone. Very very poor second half performance from Cullyhanna, we led 0-8 to 0-6 at half time after playing into a stiff breeze. Looked like we should be safe enough but Killeavy played all the football in the second half, scoring a penalty from a defensive lapse. Both teams hit the crossbar during the match. Killeavy certainly had enough chances to win, Stanfield had a lot of wides in the first half. Think Stevie McDonnell got 5 or 6 points including one superb free into the wind from the right hand touchline, though he missed a much easier chance a few minutes later though.

In a way I suppose we have the momentum going into the replay but we'll need to improve hugely to get into the quarter finals.

winsamsoon

Rest assured there will be no clans players backing mullaghbawn and lying down on sunday. We will leave this sort of behaviour to the dickheads that play soccer
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

fcuksake

Great team performance from the Harps tonight. The way the season has panned out so far I was worried how the players would react to last weeks heavy league defeat to Granemore, but they got on with the job and they dominated midfield from start to finish and with alot of possession them turned it into scores.

Marty McKenna was excellent at FF but was well supported by Joe Quigley who must have scored 6 points. Ballymacnab were on the backfoot from the start, they seemed to play very deep and when in possession had few options up front.

But a great performance and well done to management team after Nudie had departed.

Best for Harps IMO were Neil McArdle, ohanlon, Richards, swift, ultan lennon, harpo, mmckenna, joe quigley
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

curvey

Wolfe Tones beat Silverbridge by 5pts tonight in Derrymacash. (so i was told)

back off the net

i left cruppen tonight feeling very lucky to get a second chance as we hit the point that took the game to a replay well into injury time.cullyhanna played well enough in the first half against a strong wind going in at half time winning 8,6 i thought they would push on and win by 3 or 4 points.Taking tony donnelly out off mid field we lost it big time not one ball did we get we were on the back foot from there on.i never heard when the replay is on but all i can say is i don't think st pats can play as bad again

charlie stubbs

Quote from: curvey on August 14, 2009, 10:54:30 PM
Wolfe Tones beat Silverbridge by 5pts tonight in Derrymacash. (so i was told)

wolfe tones 0-15 silverbridge 0-10

clann eireann beat newtown
madden beat bhegan good night for us

TacadoirArdMhacha

The censorship policy on orchardcounty is a complete joke  >:(

I made a light-hearted comment about how the ref allegedly playing for a draw tongiht might have been revenge for Killeavy not naming their subs for the programme (County board criticised them in the programme for this). A Killeavy man then informed me that part of the reason for this may have been that their manager was involved in a tragic incident this week where 2 of his workmates were killed. I offered my condolences and suggested that, in the circumsatnces, the county board shouldn't have bothered with the snide comments in the programme.

Orchardcounty administrators then deleted the entire conversation, including my condolences on the deaths. Its a sad state of affairs when the fear of the county board has gotten so bad that things like this can't even be discussed.