Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

illdecide

Quote from: Hank Everlast on January 16, 2009, 01:09:45 PM
with assistance from illdecide???

Now that hughie abramovic has his own club, is there any word on his potiential transfer targets ?

sorry forgot to mention...Ger Reid as a defensive coach and Paul Freddie Henderson as a forward coach.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

MOJO

2009 Club Managers - Fill in the Blanks accordingly.

ACL – Division One
Carrickcruppen
Clan na Gael  - Gerard Skelton & Enda Brady
Crossmaglen -
Culloville
Dromintee - Colin Kelly
Killeavey
Mullaghbawn
Pearse Og
St Patrick's - Joe Mallon & Paul Rouse.
Sarsfields

ACL – Division Two
Ballyhegan
Ballymacnab
Clann Eireann
Granemore - John Toner
Harps - Nudie Hughes
Madden
Maghery
St Michael's
Silverbridge
Tir na nÓg - Aiden Farrell
Whitecross - Killian Finnegan
Wolfe Tone - Michael Magill

ACL – Division Three
Annaghmore
An Port Mor
Belleek
Clonmore
Collegeland - Niall Gorman
Keady
Lissummon
Middletown
St Paul's
St Peter's
Shane O'Neill's
Tullysaran - Audi Hamiliton

ACL – Division Four
Clady
Corrinshego
Crossmaglen II
Derrynoose
Dorsey Emmett's
Eire Og
Forkhill
Grange -Colm Toal, Tam Gribben & James O'Hagan
Mullaghbrack
O'Hanlon's
Phelim Brady's
Killean

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on January 16, 2009, 10:49:55 AM
Since noone seems to know the ins and outs of the fal out in killeavy....

a few years ago the newly elected chairman began an overhaul of what is arguably a sleeping gant of armagh football. he began changing various things in the club and bringing new people in. happy days says everyone. a few months down the line and executive meetings began turning into announcements of policy and decisions already made. committee members soon lose their patience in not having any say in club affairs and the club turning into a de facto dictatorship. there were stormy meetings and talk of votes of no confidence, etc. as people looked control of their club back.

one of the proclaimations announced was that any player who is concurrently playing soccer (half the killeavy senior tea at the time played soccer for killeavy united or shanro on a sat) would not be allowed to play for the club. those players walked out and the rest were not happy bunnies. the chairman was soon told where to syick his new policy and the soccer lads returned and through the jigs and the reels and the build of of constant conflict in the club the chairman quit. he soon declared he would be starting his own toytown in killeen.

All very strange for a man who never went to a county game til about ten years ago, a club game til well after that and openly dreided people who did for most of his life.
Well thanks for clearing that up, sounds familiar.  Doesn't sound like a good basis for a club but at least he had the dignity to walk away when he wasn't wanted rather than try to hold on to power and maybe take the club down with him.  Killeavy can count themselves lucky on that basis and on the basis that it's just money behind him and not a political party and their scum bag, pea brain, supporters. 
Hard to see the club lasting if he wants a dictatorship.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ardmhaca08

Anyone know if tomorrow's game is on radio?  :-\

The GAA

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 16, 2009, 06:54:45 PM
Quote from: Aghdavoyle on January 16, 2009, 10:49:55 AM
Since noone seems to know the ins and outs of the fal out in killeavy....

a few years ago the newly elected chairman began an overhaul of what is arguably a sleeping gant of armagh football. he began changing various things in the club and bringing new people in. happy days says everyone. a few months down the line and executive meetings began turning into announcements of policy and decisions already made. committee members soon lose their patience in not having any say in club affairs and the club turning into a de facto dictatorship. there were stormy meetings and talk of votes of no confidence, etc. as people looked control of their club back.

one of the proclaimations announced was that any player who is concurrently playing soccer (half the killeavy senior tea at the time played soccer for killeavy united or shanro on a sat) would not be allowed to play for the club. those players walked out and the rest were not happy bunnies. the chairman was soon told where to syick his new policy and the soccer lads returned and through the jigs and the reels and the build of of constant conflict in the club the chairman quit. he soon declared he would be starting his own toytown in killeen.

All very strange for a man who never went to a county game til about ten years ago, a club game til well after that and openly dreided people who did for most of his life.
Well thanks for clearing that up, sounds familiar.  Doesn't sound like a good basis for a club but at least he had the dignity to walk away when he wasn't wanted rather than try to hold on to power and maybe take the club down with him.  Killeavy can count themselves lucky on that basis and on the basis that it's just money behind him and not a political party and their scum bag, pea brain, supporters. 
Hard to see the club lasting if he wants a dictatorship.

An increasingly familiar story

pintsofguinness

Some clubs will not be used by the c***ts! Some people would rather have no club than to see it being used for all the wrong reasons.
Those who want to sneer can sneer all they want.

gaahead2008

Quote from: hound of ulster on January 15, 2009, 01:36:01 PM
if the underage coaches that are with killeavy at the moment continue the work they are doing with the kids , and the committe is proactive, this team will not last, if they set back and let the grass grow , there could be trouble ahead.

I actually cant believe that the local killeavey gaels would let this happen, did they not object through the county board?

i know people will draw comparisons to how things happened in camlough, but i cant see how this would be a positive step for gaa in the area - the youth structure in killeavey may tighten up otherwise by the time the lads reach senior standrd they may leave....although if the man himself is coach / manager/ trainer / sponsor / waterboy / kitboy / fixture secretary / chairperson / treasurer / gatesman county board rep   etc etc for this newly found team / club it might not last a season!!

just out of curiousity has he got much backing from within the club?

Jimmy Joe

[/quote]
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 16, 2009, 09:53:18 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on January 16, 2009, 03:59:12 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 16, 2009, 03:17:35 PM
Wee Roddy making mischief, not me.

aye i know

Wee Roddy might not be so late!! :)

There have been a few whispers

mattockranger

Armagh U21's beat the louth U21's tonight....
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

AFS

I'm a bit confused with the underage situation at this new club. Would I be right in saying that they'll can go ahead and register underage members, but seeing since they're unlikely to gather enough numbers that at underage they'll effectively have to form an amalgamation with another club(s)? So assuming its Killeavy that they join up with, Killeavy's underage teams will from now on be an amalgamation of Killeavy and St. Michaels? Is this the case with Dorsey and Cullyhanna/ Mullabrack and Harps or Ogs/ Phelim Brady's and is it Keady/ etc.?

Is this right, or will they simply not have any underage members? Could Killeavy be within their rights to tell the new club to f**k off, that they don't want an amalgamation, meaning that underage members of St. Michael's (assuming they exist) will have to transfer out of the club to get football?

:-\

full back

Would be very very suprised if Killeavy join with them at underage
Teams only join at underage if there is a shortage of players, Killeavy have no such problem there with upwards of 50 children out training on a Sunday morning during the season

Bit of upheavel in your club pints?

pintsofguinness

QuoteBit of upheavel in your club pints?
What makes you think that?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 17, 2009, 11:54:47 AM
QuoteBit of upheavel in your club pints?
What makes you think that?

The AGM would probably be a start. That and you've been giving off about Republicans supposedly trying to take over clubs for weeks now. Most clubs don't have such issues so we can only assume you're talking about your own club.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead