Connacht Club Championships 2018

Started by Owenmoresider, September 24, 2018, 12:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaillimhIarthair

Bridgets were 1/2 to win that game there today, so will go down as a bit of a surprise result for sure, even more so for the final margin of victory.  Game was over really with 10 or more to go as the arse really fell out of the Bridgets challenge.

Really looking forward to that Corofin / Annaghdown game in Tuam next Sunday, hopefully it lives up to the billing!

Syferus

Quote from: Duine Eile on October 14, 2018, 05:25:04 PM
The result probably not much of a surprise, the teams are on a par but the margin of the win is surprising. That's a Galway POV now so I'm sure I'll be told I'm wrong!

Ehh, it was a bit of a surprise but it was much more about the fûck up on the kickout after Clann's second goal. Brigids actually leveled after the sending off. The man being gone may have told with time but the goals made it a bit of a moot point. Pity as up until then it was a good quaility match.

Duine Eile

With Castlebar, Brigid's, Slaughtneil, Vincent's beaten I don't think we're going to see any complacency from Corofin next week. Turloughmore also beaten today so that's hurling finished for Daithí Burke for the moment. I think they'll be out to put all the talk of Annaghdown being the only team in the county capable of beating them to bed next weekend. That said Corofin have started their last couple of games slowly and won't have the comfort of that next weekend, I think we'll see a tight game up to the 40 minute mark and Corofin will use their bench to pull away. Midfield will be interesting, Annaghdown have had great joy here so you'd think Corofin will want to avoid them and use their wings. Liam Silke will probably be given the task of marking Damien Comer, will Eoghan Kerin take up Gary Sice or Ian Burke. Should be a good game.

Cunny Funt

Long time since Brigids shipped such a trimming in Roscommon. Cathal Shine on today's display is as good if not better than any midfielder Kevin McStay selected for Roscommon this year.

PadraicHenryPearse

cathal disappeared abit after the first 10 other than kickouts. I'd love to see him back to full fitness but that's a choice for the man himself.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 14, 2018, 06:48:13 PM
Long time since Brigids shipped such a trimming in Roscommon. Cathal Shine on today's display is as good if not better than any midfielder Kevin McStay selected for Roscommon this year.

Kevin wasn't choosing to not select Shine because he didn't fancy him as a footballer. And anyone with even an ounce of knowledge wouldn't make that claim.

Rossfan

Been a bad few weeks for Syfīn  ;D
First the "greatest manager in history" saw that he wasn't and decided to fall on his sword.
Then his favourite club team (30 or 40 miles from his home) lost after Syfīn telling stolen sheep that Brigids would win easily unless it was a bad weather day.😁😂😃.
When will he ever learn?😁😂
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on October 14, 2018, 07:53:57 PM
Been a bad few weeks for Syfīn  ;D
First the "greatest manager in history" saw that he wasn't and decided to fall on his sword.
Then his favourite club team (30 or 40 miles from his home) lost after Syfīn telling stolen sheep that Brigids would win easily unless it was a bad weather day.😁😂😃.
When will he ever learn?😁😂
It would take a heart of stone not to laugh
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Blowitupref

Some win for Clann na ngael and what a way to end the St Brigids dominance. Cathal Shine looked very lean and was well involved in that victory today and in that shape should be back on the county panel. I thought both Lennon brothers looked good as did number 5 Jack Connaughton. Remains a mystery how Senan Kilbride didn't show his best at county level a top footballer in full flow. Mark Daly looks like one player from Brigids that the next Roscommon manager should have a look at.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

galwayman

Clonbur will represent Galway in the Connacht junior club competition.
They play Corofins second team in the county final and go onto Connacht regardless as Corofin can't play in it.

AZOffaly

Quote from: galwayman on October 14, 2018, 10:15:17 PM
They play Corofins second team in the county final and go onto Connacht regardless as Corofin can't play in it.

Did Clonbur not play in an All Ireland junior a few years ago too?

LooseCannon

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 14, 2018, 10:18:03 PM

They did. Can't remember if they won or not.

spuds

Quote from: LooseCannon on October 14, 2018, 10:28:06 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 14, 2018, 10:18:03 PM

They did. Can't remember if they won or not.
Beat Derrytresk in final.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Farrandeelin

AnFhaircheAbu will be hsppy. How did the name Clonbur come from An Fhairche?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

sligoman2

Great weekend for Tourlestrane, 3 in a row champions in Sligo and the ladies won the intermediate final.  Brilliant results for a small club..
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.