Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Majstorovic, the new CH, looks the part.

Main Street

Comfortable enough for Celtic, though the defense was shaky dealing with those crosses.
The new players are decent enough for this Europa league level. Lennon has done well, he is determined to make his mark and it shows on the pitch with the performance.

SambaSaffron

Mulgrew was injured, not dropped. How do you know he was a great young prospect, did you ever see him play? He never played a first team game before he left.

Very impressed with Juarez so far, great energy. Kayal was brilliant last night, early days but he looks a player. Still need a striker and a keeper though, and hopefully a centre half with pace. 2 more signings expected within the week.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: SambaSaffron on August 20, 2010, 07:55:40 AM
Mulgrew was injured, not dropped. How do you know he was a great young prospect, did you ever see him play? He never played a first team game before he left.

Very impressed with Juarez so far, great energy. Kayal was brilliant last night, early days but he looks a player. Still need a striker and a keeper though, and hopefully a centre half with pace. 2 more signings expected within the week.
funnily enough I saw him play more for dundee utd when he was sent out on loan to learn the ropes and gain exp for being promoted to the Celtic first team squad the followingyear.

I had been alerted to him by several friends that live in glasgow who had seen him come up through the ranks and before ever I saw him he was a great player underage and in the lower Celtic sides. The few times I saw him play for Dundee utd he was excellent.
I have a pal who goes to Dundee utd games (because he lives there) who also said mulgrew was a darn good player.
I predict he will never be as good as he once looked like being though. Pity, but you cant recover so many lost formative years in sport!

Would agree that Kayal and juarez look like great players and they gave Celtic the energy thats been lacking since the MON era when Celtic pushed the tempo of matches. That obv suited Fortune and samaras as well as maloney - all three looked better than ever before.

Majstorovic was majestic. What a player.
rangers can have weiss - theres no johnny evans playing at Celtic !! :D

clarshack

2-0 is a good result especially not conceding an away goal. what were utrecht like? should celtic try and kill the tie off early on in the 2nd leg or just try and shut up shop?

under the bar

Quote2-0 is a good result especially not conceding an away goal. what were utrecht like? should celtic try and kill the tie off early on in the 2nd leg or just try and shut up shop?

I don't think I can never recall Celtic setting out for a 0-0 and achieving it.   Historically poor at defending a lead.

lurganblue

Any good sites showing today's match?

the colonel

dont use iraqgoals. it has just gave me a virus that I cant get rid of
the difference between success and failure is energy

the colonel

Seen highlights of the goals. I think allowing mcgeady to go is a smart move judging by the way James Forrest is coming along. Looks like a natural replacement for Aidan. Youth will get its chance due to Lennons previous role. He had tipped Forrest last year.
the difference between success and failure is energy

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: clarshack on August 20, 2010, 09:40:59 AM
2-0 is a good result especially not conceding an away goal. what were utrecht like? should celtic try and kill the tie off early on in the 2nd leg or just try and shut up shop?

Someone must have forgot to lock the shop door.. 3-0 to Utrecht

EDIT :4-0 
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mylestheslasher

I just watched that match and I can tell u the future looks very bleak for Celtic. Woeful.

Main Street

Bleak sounds optimistic after watching that game, well the part of it that I did watch.

clarshack

Celt_Man

jaysus can't believe that result... Surely Lennon's neck is on the line now
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

tyroneman

Of course his neck won't be on the line. The suits will happily let him ramble on till the end of the season.