Total Members Voted: 69

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on February 16, 2010, 10:42:16 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 16, 2010, 09:58:30 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on February 16, 2010, 09:46:37 PM
'Celtic have stopped going downhill when strachan left them.'

What's the weather like on your planet?
think everyone knows you know nothing about sports let alone celtic

I see your team were losing 2-0 at ht tonight...
also saw their rivals cliftonville were drawing too
Your team won by a goal and 3 points at the weekend, didn't they? There's a huge difference between gaelic football and 'soccer'. One day you'll realise that.  ;)
:D realise more than you know - some people reckoned I was a better soccer player than at Gaelic football * ! Having captained two school teams as a kid in England I suppose I wasnt too bad at it !
Just preferred gaelic football because I thought it was the best game to play out of all of soccer, rugby, football etc !!

hard luck wee lad !
:D

* though maybe I was just rubbish at football !

clarshack

celtic's abysmal defending put into context last night when aberdeen were beaten 1-0 by raith rovers in the cup.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: clarshack on February 17, 2010, 09:41:31 AM
celtic's abysmal defending put into context last night when aberdeen beat 1-0 by raith rovers in the cup.
must have caught this malaise from celtic !!

T Fearon

Don't worry lads. Mr Mowbray says "if we win our next two games it will be interesting" ::) Thats what I like to see, stoic leadership and a rallying cry to battle in the time of great crisis and woe ::)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on February 17, 2010, 09:47:50 AM
Don't worry lads. Mr Mowbray says "if we win our next two games it will be interesting" ::) Thats what I like to see, stoic leadership and a rallying cry to battle in the time of great crisis and woe ::)
what would you like to see
we'll prob lose more goals and not win points
or
we will win all our games and concede no goals whatsoever ?

Jeez Tony, this isnt nintendo stuff. All easy when a team is established and on a great winning run. I dont think Celtic will win the league this year but I expect a top notch team plus league winning perf next season (without keane).
Right now the team are on a par with strachans, so any improvement would be an improvement on last year. Unless Celtic can afford hiddink. But without CL soccer this season, the money isnt there (based on the interim reports released the other day).
Who was to blame for not winning last seasons league and getting automatic entry into CL again?
Mowbray ?

rossie mad

Yeah no one has ever seen or heard of a cup shock in scotland before. ::)

Only happens every bloody season to teams in the SPL.

LB if spurs miss out on a top four spot tony will just blame tony

lynchbhoy

Quote from: rossie mad on February 17, 2010, 10:06:22 AM

Yeah no one has ever seen or heard of a cup shock in scotland before. ::)

Only happens every bloody season to teams in the SPL.

LB if spurs miss out on a top four spot tony will just blame tony
dunno rossie, he might try to blame mowbray for taking keane !!

T Fearon

Lads we seem to be going round in circles.

If you want to compare Strachan with Mowbray, well just look how Strachan recovered from Champions League preliminary round elimination in his first season and completely overhauled O'Neill's ageing team and still won the league. At the very least Mowbray should have sustained a credible title challenge this year, and in my opinion he has simply replaced expereinced players with Scottish league medals, with replacements that are questionable to say the least.

Craig Brown and Jimmy Calderwood improved Motherwell and Killie instantly, in six months Mowbray has taken Celtic from a team that finished three points behind Rangers last year to a ten point deficit, with a joke of a defence, and generally made Celtic perceived as a team by everyone in Scotland, that can be beaten due to a leaky defence.

I for one forecast that he will not be at Celtic Park next season and in fact if they are humiliated by Rangers on Sunday week, he may not even be there in March

illdecide

Both sides of the argument have their own truths and i for one did say that next year is when he should be judged but it is not acceptable to be 10pts behind the Huns and i believe that if Rangers were to beat us again this season or that gap gets any bigger then the board will have to let him go. I don't believe we can win the title but i fully expect that gap to be down to 3-4 pts come the end of the season and Celtic playing 100% better than they are at the minute, if that is the case then Mugga (just testing ya Tony) should be given next season to win back the league but as i stated if it gets worse then he'll have to be sacked
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lynchbhoy

strachan was humiliated by his own tactics time and again with celtic in europe and in spl.
that he won the league when rangers were in complete turmoil with the MON ethic and some of the MON players is no big feat.
now rangers are far mr organised under smith and while rubbish on paper, are doing it week in week out.
the only diff is that when the two teams meet, Celtic dont look second best like they did under strachan.
I dont care what the football style looks like, I prefer a winning team - the football was never great under MON, was worse under strachan, but at least MON's teams werew consistent.
strachans like mowbrays are not consistent, though moggas side perform worse against the lower teams and better against rangers - complete contrast to strachans.
plenty of fellas won league medals which doesnt make them any use (sure caldwell even won poty - but several rangers players also did when it wasnt merited).
personal opinion that a lot of tthese were not good enough, but common consensus that a lot were rubbish too (wilson, caldwell etc)
Mowbray inherited a team that was in huge decline, that were split in the dressing room. Its not easy trying to pick up the mess that strachan left.
Mowbray still has it all to prove - if he doesnt have a good start to next season then he will have had his chance and then should be gone.
strachan shoul dhave been sacked after each of the seasons where he allowed Celtic to surrender large leads to rangers and hand them over the title.

I know I'd much rather inherit a team after MON than strachan, and it has been proven that after MON leaves a club, it does well for at least one season before fallinbg apart if the manager doesnt stamp his own mark on it.

Celtic havent been humiliated by rangers this season unlike almost each game under strachans tenure.

brown and calderwood have not had to get rid of substandard players like mogga had to. In fact motherwells were a good side under mcGhee and his legacy - players- are still there so its no surprise.

Club Rossa

I reckon Celtic should fire Mowbray with immediate effect and install T Fearon and Lynchboy until the end of the season.

T Fearon

Steady on, Mowbray's Celtic have only played Rangers twice and manged to lose one and humiliate Rangers in the second one yet still only draw the game.

The only real humiliation Celtic suffered against Rangers in Strachan's time was the very first time he met them in 2005 and at the start of last season, through errors more than anything else.

There was also the two back to back victories over Rangers in the must win games in the Spring of 2008 and last year's New Year's win at Ibrox and the CIS Cup Final. Strachan more tha held his own against Rangers, during the reign of Mc Leish, Le Guen and Smith. Funny the amount of players willing to joi him at Middlesbro if there was such dissention in the dressing room

I don't think Mowbray could win the SPL with the current Man Utd squad at his disposal. He is tactically naive, unable to motivate and inspire and is thoroughly lightweight in terms of football management overall. As I've said before he is ideally suited to the likes of WBA, Hibs etc but way out of his depth wth a big club with huge expectations

I don't expect Celtic to beat Dundee Utd this Saturday or Rangers the following week and I fear we'll leave Ibrox with our tails between our legs amid the Huns title winning celebrations.

However all this would be worth enduring if its brings the curtain down on the reign of Celtic's worst manager since Barnes.

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on February 17, 2010, 12:12:18 PM
Steady on, Mowbray's Celtic have only played Rangers twice and manged to lose one and humiliate Rangers in the second one yet still only draw the game.

The only real humiliation Celtic suffered against Rangers in Strachan's time was the very first time he met them in 2005 and at the start of last season, through errors more than anything else.

There was also the two back to back victories over Rangers in the must win games in the Spring of 2008 and last year's New Year's win at Ibrox and the CIS Cup Final. Strachan more tha held his own against Rangers, during the reign of Mc Leish, Le Guen and Smith. Funny the amount of players willing to joi him at Middlesbro if there was such dissention in the dressing room

I don't think Mowbray could win the SPL with the current Man Utd squad at his disposal. He is tactically naive, unable to motivate and inspire and is thoroughly lightweight in terms of football management overall. As I've said before he is ideally suited to the likes of WBA, Hibs etc but way out of his depth wth a big club with huge expectations

I don't expect Celtic to beat Dundee Utd this Saturday or Rangers the following week and I fear we'll leave Ibrox with our tails between our legs amid the Huns title winning celebrations.

However all this would be worth enduring if its brings the curtain down on the reign of Celtic's worst manager since Barnes.

thats twice ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 16, 2010, 01:39:57 PM

John thmpson right now is no worse than mcmanus at his best - at least Thompson is a centre half that will improve.

JoshThompson. He might well go on to be a good player but there is no way he is currently as good as McManus. Fact is when he signed it wasnt envisaged he would play in the first team for some time. Nor was his rapid promotion down to him excelling particularly in the under 19 games but rather to Mowbray being down to the bare bones.

Should be noted too that it wasnt really a case of Craig Brown inheriting Mark McGhee's players at Motherwell, McGhee left because a number of his men were moving on. Only 3 players in the Motherwell team from the weekend were signed by McGhee. A lot of that team were signed by Jim Gannon who did well initially but proved to be a terrible man manager with an unhappy dressing room. Brown put the ship back on course.

take_yer_points

Quote from: T Fearon on February 17, 2010, 12:12:18 PM

How does his record measure up to Barnes' record? Is he better or worse thus far?