?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

under the bar

How long before the Record has the headline  "Moby Go!"

QuoteOnce again McGeady doesn't deliever

I think people are under-estimating how good that Hamburg team are.  Definitely Champions league standard and would give anyone a run.  Very well organised at the back and no shortage of skillful players.

QuoteEnglish championship is better quality...celtic would struggle in it imo

Has the North-Atlantic League thing been vetoed by UEFA/FIFA?   I always thought is would be a god idea.  The best from Scotland, Scandanavia Belguim and Holland playing each other regularly would generate significant revenue from TV and improve the standard no dount.   Anyone know what happened to the idea?

JohnDenver

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on October 23, 2009, 09:05:29 AM
Once again McGeady doesn't deliver

Id be more worried about the oompa loompa maloney!!  Id rather see mcginn or mccourt on, mcginn is direct and pacy and mccourt has a bit of trickery.  Maloney has neither of those traits!

clarshack

what about scott brown? an impostor if ever there was one. theres just too many impostors in the current celtic setup - naylor, mcmanus, caldwell, brown, maloney & samaras.

at least when mcginn and mccourt came on they were direct and tried to take men on.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: clarshack on October 23, 2009, 09:43:02 AM

what about scott brown? an impostor if ever there was one. theres just too many impostors in the current celtic setup - naylor, mcmanus, caldwell, brown, maloney & samaras.

at least when mcginn and mccourt came on they were direct and tried to take men on.
Id agree with naylor, mcmanus, caldwell, maloney
think Brown on form is good and I like samaras but he is trying to link up with headless chickens.
Samaras does give a different option.
You can add wilson to your list as well and mcdonald is an spl level player.

Sorry to say I dont rate mcginn or mccourt at this level.

Crosas must be tearing his hair out.
Celtic need one if not two centre halves and one or maybe two strikers - not something from spl or english div2 (championship league or whatever it is called these days)

Celtic were so bad it was almost funny, and I am a big Celtic fan.

Of those playing last night, was it only Nguemo that was a mowbray signing?
He needs funds for January and better get them !

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

God that was depressing!
Thought N'Guemo, Brown, Maloney, McDonald, ah feck it all of them had a shite match.
Wtf was Mowbrey thinking of, starting with one striker at home! Did he not learn from Walters fcuk up on Tuesday?
I underestimated the Hamburg teams depth of quality (as did Celts!) not realising that their 3rd choice striker cost 12 million euro! Think their reserves could have probably beaten Celtic last night.
The one bright point is Mogga telling the players that they have 2 months to prove themselves or their out (just hope he means it).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8319560.stm

Anyway, there is still a small chance of qualifying so I'll keep the faith.
Hamilton away on Sunday 3 points, hopefully the Hibees can do us a favour at Mordor on Saturday.

Hail Hail
Tbc....

illdecide

Back on top after yet another great display yesterday :P...anyway a win's a win and I'll take being top dog again. Hey lads was i living on another planet or has this thing about Rangers in financial difficulty just came out?, i only read it yesterday and couldn't believe how much sh1t they are in...the whole f**king team is up for sale :o
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: illdecide on October 26, 2009, 11:32:36 AM
Back on top after yet another great display yesterday :P...anyway a win's a win and I'll take being top dog again. Hey lads was i living on another planet or has this thing about Rangers in financial difficulty just came out?, i only read it yesterday and couldn't believe how much sh1t they are in...the whole f**king team is up for sale :o

Just about to post on that, will do it on the Ragers thread.
Vital three points yesterday, still having problems keeping a clean sheet.
Tbc....

Myles Na G.

Performances under Mowbray are poor. His talk of January signings is a whole lot of hot air. Who are the hoops going to sign? Wayne Rooney, maybe? Ronaldo? I'd guess some other mediocre SPL / Championship player, because the reality is that's all Celtic can afford. Mowbray's unwise to go round raising expectations, therefore. He's also already pissed off the players, if Samaras' comments at the weekend are anything to go by.

stiffler

Quote from: Myles Na G. on October 26, 2009, 07:15:45 PM
Performances under Mowbray are poor. His talk of January signings is a whole lot of hot air. Who are the hoops going to sign? Wayne Rooney, maybe? Ronaldo? I'd guess some other mediocre SPL / Championship player, because the reality is that's all Celtic can afford. Mowbray's unwise to go round raising expectations, therefore. He's also already pissed off the players, if Samaras' comments at the weekend are anything to go by.

Yea myles your right every time!!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Clown

If samaras and the rest of this group of losers cant take a bit of criticism well f**k them
im sick of hearing quotes everyday in the press from the likes of samaras and caldwell as if they are world beaters, mowbray was right to come out and say he wasnt happy with the quality of the squad. our only hope is we cant sell most of the current squad and get in better replacements in the next couple of transfer windows - it'll be a tall order though

Myles Na G.

Quote from: stiffler on October 26, 2009, 07:36:53 PM

You think performances are good, do you? Or maybe you think that Celtic can go out and spend millions on Premiership standard players? Or perhaps you don't think that Samaras' statement was a direct contradiction of the manager's opinion after the European game?

Try forming an argument next time. It's much more grown up. ;)

stiffler

Quote from: Myles Na G. on October 26, 2009, 07:59:26 PM
Quote from: stiffler on October 26, 2009, 07:36:53 PM

You think performances are good, do you? Or maybe you think that Celtic can go out and spend millions on Premiership standard players? Or perhaps you don't think that Samaras' statement was a direct contradiction of the manager's opinion after the European game?

Try forming an argument next time. It's much more grown up. ;)

Whos arguing....your right as always!!!!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ITS KAAAT

Celts bk on top of table thats the main thing.
Up the hoops

Clown

Quote from: ITS KAAAT on October 26, 2009, 11:24:02 PM
Celts bk on top of table thats the main thing.
Up the hoops

its not really the main thing
we need to see good football, attendances are dwindling because of the standard we have dropped to over the past few years, this has a negative affect on the balance sheet as well.

we should be aiming for more than scrapping to beat a rangers team crippled by debt and that has signed 1 player in almost 2 yrs to the title

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....