?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Archie Mitchell

1-1 at half time with Gareth Barry and Chris Killen getting to goals. Is the game any good? Much of a crowd at it?

I see Celtic signed that young lad Thompson from Stockport, as well as a few other youngsters from Stockport.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 08, 2009, 03:55:37 PM
1-1 at half time with Gareth Barry and Chris Killen getting to goals. Is the game any good? Much of a crowd at it?

I see Celtic signed that young lad Thompson from Stockport, as well as a few other youngsters from Stockport.

I reckon 25000 - 30000.
Not a bad match, Mobrey made use of his subs and used the game to watch alot of the young fellas.
Man city could have scored a couple more, but so could Celtic. Pretty tame friendly, but too be expected.
Tbc....

clarshack

seemed to be a full strength city against celtic's reserves. wouldnt be too confident if i was a city fan.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: clarshack on August 09, 2009, 12:23:53 AM
seemed to be a full strength city against celtic's reserves. wouldnt be too confident if i was a city fan.

It was a friendly after all at half pace. Hardly a benchmark for City's season to come.

Gabriel_Hurl

T Fearon

Why is the club taking on this silly fixture in the midst of a hectic start to the season, trying to secure Champions League qualification and and sound start to the SPL?  As if I din't know that money is the answer

Doogie Browser

I think that date is in or around an international break so I would guess it would be a Celtic select (Willo Flood et al)

the colonel

u2 concert and arsenal game on the same nite, thrown a right spanner in the works
the difference between success and failure is energy

carribbear

Quote from: the colonel on August 12, 2009, 10:49:38 AM
u2 concert and arsenal game on the same nite, thrown a right spanner in the works

If you ring up early and ask maybe they'd show the game on one of the big screens.

T Fearon

Any supporters clubs going with a spare ticket and place??? GDU??

Be interesting to see if one of these events has an impact on the attendance at the other. I'd say a lot of  Sottish based Celtic fans would have got U2 Tickets for Hampden, so they are going to have a difficult choice to make on Tuesday next.

By the way I see the Undertones are playing a pre match gig at Celtic Park (a ploy the club always uses to try and get the crowd in early at big games, usually to no avail). There's a Dave Fanning like question for Rock Fans in years to come, when did two Irish rock legends play in two diffierent stadia in the same City, each in front of tens of thousands of people, on the same night.

the colonel

I remember a Milan CL game a few yrs ago that the Undertones played.

Already paid for 3 u2 tickets at 85 quid each. Wont get rid of them so gonna have to go to the concert (prob prefer to go to it anyway as I have been looking foward to it for months)

T Fearon

Go to the first half of the game. You could still make Hampden for the emergence of U2 on stage at 9pm.

Bet you never thought of that, did you? ;D

the colonel

I have mates over for the concert, we wouldnt all get tickets, will just head to a pub outside hampden to watch the first half.

Still cant believe the Polis think they can handle both events

T Fearon

Both these events are still probably a doddle to the Taggarts in comparsion to one Old Firm game ;D

I was impressed with the Police in Glasgow last year at the Celtic Man Ure match. Got a random bus from the City centre which was full of English yobs. Police obviously monitoring and stopped the bus in Trongate, removed a few and warned the rest that any further misbehaviour and they would be accommodated in Barlinnie with Bed and Breakfast, and sent a van to track the bus all the way to Parkhead Forge. Not as much as a cheep was heard on the bus for the rest of the journey. By the way Oasis were playing at the SECC the same night.