Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

It works for teams like Porto and Benfica. They manage to have a very profitable trade in buying, developing and selling on the cream of the stock.

Off hand I can only think of McGeady, a player who came through the Celtic "system" who would attract a transfer fee more than £2m.

T Fearon

Surely Mc Manus would fetch over £2m. But I agree bringing in unproven young foreign players at significant fees is not the answer.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Can anyone answer me why Ben Hutchinson (who seems to be scoring for fun in the reserves) is not able to make it onto the bench even!!

Is Strachan racist as well as being anti-Irish!  ;)
Tbc....

Main Street

Surely he would have sympathy for those discriminated against because of a certain colour  ;D

T Fearon

Hutchison is the type of player I'm referring to. Signed in a ball of hype (if he was any good would mighty Middlesbro have let him go?) then never heard of again,although he did come on against Man Ure in the Champions League but then again anyone who could walk played that night). Same as Paddy Mc Court and loads of others. Are any of these players really any better than those coming through the various Celtic teams at youth level (which always seems to be thriving)?

carribbear

Quote from: T Fearon on January 21, 2009, 04:33:19 PM
Hutchison is the type of player I'm referring to. Signed in a ball of hype (if he was any good would mighty Middlesbro have let him go?) then never heard of again,although he did come on against Man Ure in the Champions League but then again anyone who could walk played that night). Same as Paddy Mc Court and loads of others. Are any of these players really any better than those coming through the various Celtic teams at youth level (which always seems to be thriving)?

Unfortunately not that many of the youths have gone on to greater things.
Miller, Bonnes, Creaney, Whyte, Maloney, Crainey

Only top class player we actually let go was Given. Maybe i'm missing someone here.

As for the future stars we've bought in the last 10 years, Sno (shite), Petrov, Viduka, Tebily...it's been a bit hit and miss but in the absense of cultivating our own you don't have much option although i'd rather buy these young lads than gutless players like Henri Camara.

Give the rangers their dues, they seem to have unearthed some good young talent over the years like gattuso and arteta...they just couldn't hold on to them :)

lfdown2

Is tony swaying to the anti-strachan camp....

Disappointed again, although its always good to get new blood in i am still extremely disheartened at the lack of defenders coming through the doors, instead it looks like we may be getting rid of o'dea, surely everyone associated with the club can see where the deficiencies are, or can they......

the colonel

celtic are gettin abuse on clyde 1 for letting o'dea go. lennon said that morton nielson will be coming back on trial in the next couple of weeks, the american, played in a reserve game and said he's doing ok. and that ched evans is just one of a number of players celtic are looking at.

and he'll not go out in glasgow on his own again!!
the difference between success and failure is energy

Gabriel_Hurl

The American Kljestan you have on trial is a lot better than the American fella Rangers signed last year

carribbear

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 23, 2009, 06:20:50 PM
The American Kljestan you have on trial is a lot better than the American fella Rangers signed last year

My 8 year old nephew is better than the american fella (Edu - how brazillian!) Rangers signed last year...  :D

Gabriel_Hurl

I can't complain - they give us $5million for him  :D

carribbear

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 23, 2009, 06:31:26 PM
I can't complain - they give us $5million for him  :D

I hope that's in play dollars....then again The Mint has very deep pockets. And a private jet to ferry in the cream of worldwide talent. Like Kirk Broadfoot.

T Fearon

Greart day on Saturday. Met the legendary Stevie Chalmers in the car park before the match, laughed my b**ls off when a punter shouted at Derek Riordan as he got off the Hibs team bus "Are the pubs no open in Edinburgh today Riordan?" :D, good win (though another silly goal conceded from a set piece, and the Huns drop more points. ;D

Two Hands FFS

'Time of our Lives'...........Profile on the Lisbon Lions on Sky Sports 1 at 10pm. May have already been posted.

T Fearon

Willo Flood on his way to Parkhead, from Cardiff via Dundee Utd for a cut price £60,000 ;D

Thus rumour the mongers. Excellent signing, was very impressed when I watched him play for Dundee Utd against Celtic at the start of January, when he seemed to have the measure fo Brown. Could also help the lad get into the Ireland squad as well