Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

If the reports on BBC Scotland are to be believed it seems he has wisely chosen to let this die the death, knuckle down and try to get back into the Celtic team. A sensible move in my opinion and I hope he has learned his lesson

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 06, 2009, 01:53:07 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 06, 2009, 01:04:56 PM
He was booked for taunting Celtic supporters at the bottom of the South Stand a few minutes after his goal. Whatever he said caused dozens of Celtic supporters to rise out of their seats and react.I witnessed this with my own eyes.

Now given his family background, his unavowed love for the Huns etc, and the reaction of the Celtic supporters on the receiving end of his abuse, it is reasonable to assume that the taunts he offered were sectarian in nature.

If evidence emerges to the contrary then I will of course apologise and retract my original statement.
"Evidence" is it? Where is your evidence that he taunted the Celtic fans in a sectarian manner? The facts are, having scored a late equaliser a few minutes earlier, a player became involved in  some sort of altercation with a nearby section of the opposing fans at a throw-in and was booked. And from that, you automatically assume, since it suits your own, bigoted agenda, that he must have reacted in a "sectarian" manner. This despite the fact that in so sensitive a setting as a football match involving one of the Old firm clubs, the Referee didn't report any such thing. Nor did the Police. Nor did Celtic FC. Nor did the BBC. Not did any of the local newspapers. In fact, several of these did not even mention his booking, so unremarkable was it to them.

Most people are familiar with the concept of "Innocent Until Proven Guilty"; but in your case, it is clearly a case of "Innocent Until Proven Protestant".

Quite frankly, you have no more evidence that Feeney's actions were in any way sectarian, than I have that the actions of the Celtic fans involved were sectarian.

Then again, that has never stopped you in the past... ::)

if you are in any way interested (other than taking ineffectual pot shots at our esteemed competition afficionado), check out your story before making an erse of yourself

check out last sundays press reports that seem to back up what Tony suggests...

yer welcome !
;D

Myles Na G.

He was booked for taunting Celtic supporters at the bottom of the South Stand a few minutes after his goal. Whatever he said caused dozens of Celtic supporters to rise out of their seats and react.I witnessed this with my own eyes.

Now given his family background, his unavowed love for the Huns etc, and the reaction of the Celtic supporters on the receiving end of his abuse, it is reasonable to assume that the taunts he offered were sectarian in nature.
If evidence emerges to the contrary then I will of course apologise and retract my original statement.
I disagree. I think it's more reasonable to assume that, having just scored the equaliser, he was getting dogs abuse from Hoops fans. Maybe he smiled in response, maybe he winked at them, maybe he stuck his tongue out and blew a raspberry. Who knows. Maybe he played an imaginary flute. If there's evidence he did something sectarian, throw the book at him. Likewise, if there's evidence he was the subject of sectarian barracking, ban the bigots from the ground for life. If there's no evidence of either, let's all drop the subject.

Croí na hÉireann

Just came across this little gif of Captain Unbookable doing a "not the face, not the face"...  ;D

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Main Street

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 06, 2009, 06:32:52 PM

I disagree. I think it's more reasonable to assume that, having just scored the equaliser, he was getting dogs abuse from Hoops fans. Maybe he smiled in response, maybe he winked at them, maybe he stuck his tongue out and blew a raspberry. Who knows. Maybe he played an imaginary flute. If there's evidence he did something sectarian, throw the book at him. Likewise, if there's evidence he was the subject of sectarian barracking, ban the bigots from the ground for life. If there's no evidence of either, let's all drop the subject.
The overwhelming evidence to support Tony's reliable assumptions are there to be seen in his renowned correct assumptions about the winning formulas in the numerous competitions which have resulted in him gaining 5 star treatment all around the globe.
If Tony assumes (based on his lip reading prowess at 150 paces) that the Feeney lad whispered "dirty smelly fenians" to the baying Celtic unwashed while giving them the 2 finger salute that earned him his booking, then that's good enough for any Supreme Court.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Looking like Kris Boyd will be leaving Mordor and heading to Birmingham City, would be great news if this happens.  ;D
Tbc....

StGallsGAA

QuoteLooking like Kris Boyd will be leaving Mordor and heading to Birmingham City, would be great news if this happens. 

You mean Rangers are selling the "New Ally McCoist"?? Surely not!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on January 07, 2009, 09:39:28 AM
Looking like Kris Boyd will be leaving Mordor and heading to Birmingham City, would be great news if this happens.  ;D
no
bad news
he is sihte
huns will get a fortune from their masonic old pal mr mcleish (another souness type scenario where at blackburn and newcastle he bought he rangers dross and paid double or three times the going rate for -amaruso, barry ferg, tugay, boumsong etc)
injecting cash into their coffers and allowing them to potentially buy decent players

boydinio must stay !  :D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 06, 2009, 06:32:52 PM

again look at sports coverage from this game on tv and sports reporters, from their eye witness reviews they seem to have said this long before Tony reported it on this thread....

ok theres no notion of what he was 'saying' but its his actions and gestures that the sports commentations highlighted.

as for the crowd saying anything to feeney - I think the crowd would be shouthing 'WHO' as I didnt know he was a ni player/huns fan and I'd expect most of them didnt either - so how/why abuse a nobody ?
Doesnt happen in Celtic park when I go there, only the barry ferguson/alex rae/bob ftp malcolm openly bitter huns are given grief. The rest are just called names like  'yer sihte ya hun' etc etc and while not something youd like your children to hear if you were on the receiving end.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 07, 2009, 10:51:37 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on January 07, 2009, 09:39:28 AM
no
bad news
he is sihte
huns will get a fortune from their masonic old pal mr mcleish (another souness type scenario where at blackburn and newcastle he bought he rangers dross and paid double or three times the going rate for -amaruso, barry ferg, tugay, boumsong etc)
injecting cash into their coffers and allowing them to potentially buy decent players

boydinio must stay !  :D

18 goals this season so far, how many games has his goals won for the darkside!?
If they get 3 million for him well done, sure Uncle Wally might spend the cash on another Kyle Lafferty!  :D or maybe Minty Moonbeams will just pocket the cash as usual.  :D
Tbc....

lfdown2

healy rumoured to be heading to them....

;D ;D

Bensars

Heard Healy earlier on the radio myself. was expecting to come in this morning and see dedicated thread by Mr Fearon on his favourite player and the conflict he would face if Healy moved to Rangers ;)

T Fearon

I'm on record as saying that I hope Rangers sign Healy and Chris Baird as well ;D

With a strike force of Healy, Lafferty and Miller, Dundee United will fancy their chances of coming second ;D

rossie mad

boyd leaving would be a big blow to any chance rangers think they have of winning the title.so off with him i say.He has been in impressive form recently (thought he was v gud against caley thistle last sunday) so it would be a big loss to rangers.if healy went to them i wouldnt be to worried about his so called prowess because he has about as much skill as a three legged one eyed dog thats too fat to walk ;)

red hander

Quote from: T Fearon on January 07, 2009, 11:12:47 AM
I'm on record as saying that I hope Rangers sign Healy and Chris Baird as well ;D

With a strike force of Healy, Lafferty and Miller, Dundee United will fancy their chances of coming second ;D

Heard a rumour Lafferty wrecked himself in training today and could be out for rest of the season ... I'm sure goalies all over Scotland are breathing a sigh of relief ;)