62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

ned

Quote from: JimStynes on August 21, 2022, 09:18:09 AM
Quote from: illdecide on August 20, 2022, 08:34:44 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on August 20, 2022, 05:08:52 PM
Massive game for Celtic tomorrow now! A win against them in a couple weeks could give a nice wee cushion for this early in the year. Still a bit worried by the quality in the squad. I can't really think of good players Celtic have brought in? What's big Julien at currently, why's he looking out? Seems to have put the feet up and stink the place out!

Jim i have to disagree with you pal...I think it's the best squad we've had in a while, there is 2 men for each position with still a few signings to come in and ship a few out. C Jullien is  the rotten apple in the barrel in the club and needs flushed out ASAP, spit the dummy out and Ange doesn't have players like that around him...Funny how all the French players gave trouble and downed tools at some point.

Big game tomorrow alright. I'm sitting here with 3 tickets and can't get over, just tried flights there for the morning and they're ridiculous price. Why would Airlines not sell unsold seats the night before for a reasonable price rather than have an empty seat...I don't get that.

Sevco had mixed results today, they're first penalty is the biggest joke. You really got to see what they got a penalty for and Hibs were denied one later for a worse foul. In saying that J Lundstrum's was never a red card but the Buffalo's was red and he knew exactly what he was doing, tried to smash the forearm into Hibs guy. Celtic win tomorrow and beat them in 2 weeks and that will be massive.

Jenz looks decent (although hasn't been tested yet)
Carter Vickers is good
Aaron Mooy looks decent, he'd be a £5m player we got for free
Jota is a class act

These guys were all signed this year.

Still need to ship out McCarthy, Ajeti, Jullien and put Mikey Johnston out on loan.

Maybe I'm under estimating the squad. I was just underwhelmed with the transfers that have been brought in. Celtic have secured a few fellas that they had already at the club but other than that I'm not sure who I'm excited about. Big Rogic leaving was a shock and I don't think he even has a club yet. Very strange he left considering he was playing great football again. Some dead wood knocking about the place though right enough.

Rogic was nothing but a personal decision. Jota and CCV were vital to re-sign. Are you forgetting that the team last year went undefeated for a very long stretch until the end of the season. That team only needed tweaks. This time last year we were relying on Academy players to fill in. Also, Celtic were missing key players for stretches. 4 players came in in January and now have the luxury of a pre season under Ange behind them now Still managed to maintain the momentum.
Jenz and Mooy look good additions. Bernabei is not up to speed yet. We are about to sign another winger, Haksabanovic who looks versatile. It's about the right player and person.
Siegrist is a step up from our previous second choice keepers.

illdecide

Rogic is a strange fella, very quiet and doesn't like the fuss that majority of them footballers crave. Still no club and is wandering around like a backpacker...lol. Here...if he's happy who am I.

Mooy doesn't look athletic but he clearly is and being the Auz captain getting him for free is a bargain and looks like we've got a player there. People think we've stagnated because we signed players we had on loan, they weren't Celtic players and cost Celtic £13 to sign the pair so that is progression for me.

Game today was a strange one...Dominant but still a bit flat at times...I suppose you can't pump every team you play every week but 4 from 4 is the perfect start. Can't wait for Thursday's draw for CL, would love R Madrid. I'll be in Spain for that if it happens.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

From the Bunker

Mods, can we get rid of the dated Poll at the Top of this Stream? Really annoying!

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 21, 2022, 11:31:55 PM
Mods, can we get rid of the dated Poll at the Top of this Stream? Really annoying!

That edit is as much as I can do with my low "security clearance" level.

Main Street

A modest mod??  who woulda thought.

general_lee

Big Jullien off to Montpellier according to L'Equipe

JimStynes

Quote from: general_lee on August 22, 2022, 07:53:04 PM

Really disappointing finish to his Celtic career. Has been crap for a good while and didn't want to be there. The French players have been useless so far at Celtic park.

lenny

Quote from: JimStynes on August 22, 2022, 08:50:19 PM

Really disappointing finish to his Celtic career. Has been crap for a good while and didn't want to be there. The French players have been useless so far at Celtic park.

Dembele wasn't crap, he was brilliant. Eduoard was also very good for most of his time at Celtic. Julien was really good before his injury and only regained fitness this year in January after being out for over a year. He only started to sulk at that stage as he couldn't get back into the team.

JimStynes

Quote from: lenny on August 22, 2022, 10:28:20 PM

Dembele wasn't crap, he was brilliant. Eduoard was also very good for most of his time at Celtic. Julien was really good before his injury and only regained fitness this year in January after being out for over a year. He only started to sulk at that stage as he couldn't get back into the team.

Yeah but look how Eddie stunk the place out when he was needed most! Loved Dembele tbf

Main Street

Quote from: JimStynes on August 22, 2022, 11:04:39 PM

Yeah but look how Eddie stunk the place out when he was needed most! Loved Dembele tbf
Eddie was crap only in his last year, that does not equate to the label 'the french players have been useless', that's just ignorant.

JimStynes

Quote from: Main Street on August 23, 2022, 01:52:02 AM

Eddie was crap only in his last year, that does not equate to the label 'the french players have been useless', that's just ignorant.

Fair enough. I take it back. I hope the French can forgive me! Je suis désolé.
There was a wee clique who seemed to down tools a few years ago when they were needed most though. French Eddie has done f**k all worth talking about in the premiership as well. I thought he would have went onto be a star.

illdecide

Quote from: JimStynes on August 23, 2022, 08:45:28 AM
Quote from: Main Street on August 23, 2022, 01:52:02 AM

Fair enough. I take it back. I hope the French can forgive me! Je suis désolé.
There was a wee clique who seemed to down tools a few years ago when they were needed most though. French Eddie has done f**k all worth talking about in the premiership as well. I thought he would have went onto be a star.

He did...A disa Star...See what i did there...Ok i'll get my coat.

The French did seem to sulk a lot more than the rest and did down tools when they didn't get what they wanted. Bar Dembele who was first class and have no issues at all with , Jullien, Edouard and Ntcham all put the handbrake on at roughly the same time which was unfortunate for Celtic to have the three of them there at once behaving like that. Maybe it's a bit lazy to label the French as sulks as Celtic did have some good French players over the years who didn't behave like that.

Just need to ship Ajeti out on loan now as no one will buy him, stick the option to buy on the loan deal and hopefully we can offload and get another player in. Reported to be on £25k a week. Jullien away fir his medical today and maybe McCarthy and M Johnstone out on loan we'll have a good squad for the season ahead.

bennydorano

It was as clear as day the 3 French bennies fell out with Lennon and it all started going collectively down the shitter around the same time and 10 was gone. I've zero evidence to back up my opinion but I always thought Ntchan was the ringleader. I'm sure Angelo would back me up :P

Main Street

Your case goes down the shitter once Angelo  comes to your support.

But Lennon  is the common denominator.

illdecide

Quote from: Main Street on August 23, 2022, 12:31:48 PM
Your case goes down the shitter once Angelo  comes to your support.

But Lennon  is the common denominator.

Def Lennon's fault, he wrote the contracts and told players to leave or stay ::). They were promised a move away by Lawwell and the club for staying a year longer and then then everything went tits up and their value fell thru the floor...it ended a disaster for everyone that.