Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Angelo

Just took Soro 11 months to get a chance under Lennon. ::)

Great goal and looks a class act.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

bannside

Going better here. 2 up and could be four or five.

illdecide

Celtic had 7 wingers last season-
Forrest - injured as u say,
Johnston - injured as u say,
Sinclair - couldn't get a starting place,
Hayes - played more as a left wing back due to injuries,
Morgan - not good enough for Celtic,
shved - has potential but was told by his current manager to go get a job in a factory or change your attitude
arzani - Injured and was not our player anyway
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tonto1888

Julien looking like a big doubt for the weekend. I'd play Bitton over Duffy

marty34

Key question is who'll start in mid-field?

Soro/Turnbull/Brown.

I hope Lennon makes the right call based on recent performances unlike the cup final where he picked Brown.

Be interesting.

general_lee

Quote from: marty34 on December 30, 2020, 04:27:31 PM

Soro/Turnbull/Brown.

I hope Lennon makes the right call based on recent performances unlike the cup final where he picked Brown.

Be interesting.
Soro has to start but you can't completely discount Brown at the same time for his experience alone. Like you say it will be interesting. Another solid performance here. Griffiths looking ever livelier and eddy continuing to show glimpses.

lenny

Quote from: illdecide on December 30, 2020, 03:53:48 PM
shved - has potential but was told by his current manager to go get a job in a factory or change your attitude

The point i was making was that we should've kept one or 2 of those players for cover or bought cover. As it was with the injuries to forrest and johnston we were left without wingers. Sinclair or Hayes would've been very good options for us this year.

illdecide

Quote from: general_lee on December 30, 2020, 04:51:41 PM
Quote from: marty34 on December 30, 2020, 04:27:31 PM

Soro/Turnbull/Brown.

Be interesting.
Soro has to start but you can't completely discount Brown at the same time for his experience alone. Like you say it will be interesting. Another solid performance here. Griffiths looking ever livelier and eddy continuing to show glimpses.

Soro and Turnbull will play with Brown waiting on the sidelines in case they can't handle it (much easier now to make your old firm debut without the fans there). Sat will be interesting, hope Jullien is ok for Sat but looking doubtful. TBH not a fan of Bitton at CH but if Jullien doesn't make it then it's Bitton or Duffy

illdecide

Quote from: lenny on December 30, 2020, 04:53:40 PM
Quote from: illdecide on December 30, 2020, 03:53:48 PM

The point i was making was that we should've kept one or 2 of those players for cover or bought cover. As it was with the injuries to forrest and johnston we were left without wingers. Sinclair or Hayes would've been very good options for us this year.

Fair enough but i'm sure no one could have predicted two long term injuries at that time. There was a time we'd that many wingers we didn't know what to do with them and now we're lost without the only two we have.

Angelo

Another decent performance.

Last 4 league games since Soro replaced Brown in the team.

Kilmarnock 2-0
Ross County 2-0
Hamilton 3-0
Dundee Utd 4-0

The one domestic game in between that which Brown started was a game where we conceded 3 goals against a team in the division below us.

illdecide

Predictions for Saturday?. I think there'll be goals as i'm still not convinced our defence will hold them out. I'm going for a 3-1 to Celtic but realistically it could end up 2-2 which is as good as 3pts to them being so far in front.

tyroneman

Quote from: illdecide on December 30, 2020, 05:02:18 PM
Predictions for Saturday?. I think there'll be goals as i'm still not convinced our defence will hold them out. I'm going for a 3-1 to Celtic but realistically it could end up 2-2 which is as good as 3pts to them being so far in front.

Attitude will play a major factor.

Never seen as timid a performance as the last match v sevco, all round embarrassing.

Would expect (hope) to see much better application this time round.

Gerrard only really needs a draw, in which case he can sit deeper and pack MF, in which case Celtic will find it very difficult to open them up, potentially leaving themselves easily exposed on the counter, or he may just go for a win to kill 10iar dead, in which case we may be able to get Eddie going on our own counter.

Will be I interesting either way, but one thing is for sure.....Celtic can not afford to bring that same insipid sh&te this time round..

Angelo

I'd take a draw at present. We're improving but still need to make much more progress. A win would be great and gives us a real shot in the arm.

I do think the huns are vulnerable though and we know the gap was 19 points at one point, if that then narrows to single digit figures, the pressure is gradually growing and growing on them. In many ways the weight of expectation has now moved on Sevco and it's now them that have to handle it and we know their track record under Gerrard in the second half of the season. The St Mirren loss really added some doubts there.

If we can win on Saturday, then the pressure is absolutely huge on them. Should Celtic lose, it's looking like the final nail in the coffin. A draw keeps us there but is an opportunity missed.

tonto1888

When do we have our games in hand?