62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

foxcommander

Quote from: thebigfella on June 06, 2014, 01:10:46 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 06, 2014, 12:44:59 PM
Is this the woman that owns Norwich?

Would probably make me watch Celtic if it was......

You're thinking of Nigella. Wouldn't mind seeing her do the half time raffles...

To summarise:
Deila = Celtic's new John Barnes
Delia = Pissed-up rabble-rouser chef
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Main Street

I doubt you'd catch Norwich Delia doing the (almost) full monty.

Apparently so

Looking forward to the new season with Ronny in charge. Hopefully see good, attacking football and he wants to give youth a chance as well so hopefully see more of Watt, McGeouch, McGregor, Twardzik and Henderson next season. Excited

T Fearon

As good a candidate as Celtic could have got,and miles better than Keane,Coyle and Co.1 year rolling contract (same as Lennon) is hardly a vote of huge confidence by the board,and if he does well in the champions league he'll probably go back to the continent sooner rather than later

Main Street

Lennon was reported as saying that Ronny was lined up to replace Mjallby as his assistant.

T Fearon

Was to be Assistant to Lennon,then to Keane,I guess he's become the main man by default,a bit like Sean Boylan

ned

OR he impressed so much at interview they decide to give him the main job. Depends which way it is spun!

PAULD123

Quote from: T Fearon on June 06, 2014, 11:05:33 PM
As good a candidate as Celtic could have got,and miles better than Keane,Coyle and Co.1 year rolling contract (same as Lennon) is hardly a vote of huge confidence by the board,and if he does well in the champions league he'll probably go back to the continent sooner rather than later

The rolling contract thing isn't a big deal. The European Union stepped in a long time ago regarding contracts. basically a manager is just an employee and under EU employment laws has a right to give reasonable notice to terminate a contract. So even with a long contact Deila could just hand in notice and terminate. And all mangers with contracts longer than a year have break clauses inserted by the clubs (like David Moyes) so they never get their full contract paid up if they are sacked.

lynchbhoy

Yeah the 12 month rolling contract is standard

Mon was questioned when he had the traditional longer term contract changes to 12 month rolling contract - but correctly saw that irrespective of duration , longer term contracts are never set in stone!
Just compensation required either way if broken.

Keane IMO would possibly have been an improvement on Lennon.
Clarke, Mackay and moyes too.

Delia said to be great at turning no name talent into excellent players. Sounds great. Also sounds like he won't ask for loads of money to spend - music to the boards ears!!

Muzz

Not sure what to think of John Collins getting the assistant manager job...

I suppose one thing we can look forward to is not having him commentating

T Fearon

Superb penalty by Samaras last night,under extreme pressure,to put Greece into last 16,to cap off an impressive all round display.Big mistake not to award him another contract

foxcommander

Quote from: T Fearon on June 25, 2014, 07:12:16 AM
Superb penalty by Samaras last night,under extreme pressure,to put Greece into last 16,to cap off an impressive all round display.Big mistake not to award him another contract

Hopefully it will secure him a contract with a club for next season.
Huge mistake to let him leave Celtic imo.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Applesisapples

Celtic in serious danger of becoming an absolute shit team with no ambition...if that's not where they are.

Orior

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 25, 2014, 03:28:47 PM
Celtic in serious danger of becoming an absolute shit team with no ambition...if that's not where they are.

And you post is based on what exactly?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Applesisapples

Quote from: Orior on June 25, 2014, 03:43:20 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on June 25, 2014, 03:28:47 PM

And you post is based on what exactly?
How quickly they cash in on good players, not investing in quality. They need good players if they hope to keep competeing in the CL.