?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

charlieTully

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on October 02, 2012, 07:45:17 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on October 02, 2012, 07:34:44 PM
Fantastic display and win.Almost a year on from being 3 nil down and facing the sack against Kilmarnock,Neil must now be on the radar of English premier clubs.

In much the same way as when the Queen uttered her attempt at the Irish language, she was on the radar of the Gaeltacht for a new chairperson.

you have to admit its some turnaround, if he brings Celtic out of the group stages there is no doubt a few EPL clubs will be watching closely. ureal the amount of negative comments towards the hoops on here, great to prove them wrong. great result tonight, fighting chance of second.

dillinger

Lennon has assembled a great squad and seems to be more clued-in than some would give him credit for. Certainly some of the players at Celtic are being watched by EPL clubs so I don't see why they wouldn't be tracking Lennon either.
[/quote]

He's still a rat faced wee f**ker.

But apart from that, well done Celtic.

Main Street

"a rat faced wee f**ker" ??

Far from it,  Lennon is immortal.

Picture courtesy of Kerrydale street.

screenexile

Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 02, 2012, 08:59:29 PM
Fantastic display and win.Almost a year on from being 3 nil down and facing the sack against Kilmarnock,Neil must now be on the radar of English premier clubs.

In much the same way as when the Queen uttered her attempt at the Irish language, she was on the radar of the Gaeltacht for a new chairperson.
Yeah, or maybe not.

Lennon has assembled a great squad and seems to be more clued-in than some would give him credit for. Certainly some of the players at Celtic are being watched by EPL clubs so I don't see why they wouldn't be tracking Lennon either.

Is somebody having a laugh?? He's had 1 . . . yes 1 good result in Europe. Don't forget his team got beaten by St Johnstone the other week. There's no excuse for Celtic not going unbeaten in Scotland without Rangers. Should he do that and get out of the group in the CL then he might be on the radar of a Wigan or a recently promoted Cship side.

SambaSaffron

Quote from: screenexile on October 03, 2012, 12:28:13 AM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 02, 2012, 08:59:29 PM

Yeah, or maybe not.

Is somebody having a laugh?? He's had 1 . . . yes 1 good result in Europe. Don't forget his team got beaten by St Johnstone the other week. There's no excuse for Celtic not going unbeaten in Scotland without Rangers. Should he do that and get out of the group in the CL then he might be on the radar of a Wigan or a recently promoted Cship side.
You don't know very much about soccer do you? I'm not a Lennon fan but that's bullshit.

Armaghgeddon

Celtic were never going to go unbeaten in the league. With rangers gone celtic can clear their debt. Last night the club earned around 1 million for the win

stew

I am not a Celtic fan, never have been but I think some on this thread are very harsh on Lennon.

I am delighted Celtic  won yesterday and Lennon is obviously a very good manager, feck the begrudgers Neil, I hope they go on and make the next stage of the CL.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

camanchero

I'm hard on Lennon - he is still a manager learning his trade so cannot be a genius and get it right all the time right now at least.
He makes mistakes in player selection and personnel - and a few blnders with regard to tactics.

But he really seems to be able to spot a good player. OK maybe it is that the scouts for the first time in almost two decades I would reckon, are really surpassing themselves.
Whether it is the scouts or Lennon, the players that are on the Celtic squad and in the youth system are superb- home grown or bought for tiny fees and I reckon after last night a good few of them will be on the radar in the english premier league if not further afield.

As a long time Samaras proponent, I'm delighted he did it again last night.

Clubs with bigh bankrolls will be looking at him, Forrest, Commons, Wanyama, Ambrose, Izzaguire(who I dont rate as high at many - though he can cross a ball) and especially Hooper who is as good as some of the strikers in the English squad!

Celtic were lucky last night. I thought they deserved a draw before the red card. At least they were clinical for a change and that is a big change from prev seasons (remember anderlecht).

Hopefuly they will get their heads right for the game v hearts this weekend.

stew

Quote from: camanchero on October 03, 2012, 04:47:05 PM
I'm hard on Lennon - he is still a manager learning his trade so cannot be a genius and get it right all the time right now at least.
He makes mistakes in player selection and personnel - and a few blnders with regard to tactics.

But he really seems to be able to spot a good player. OK maybe it is that the scouts for the first time in almost two decades I would reckon, are really surpassing themselves.
Whether it is the scouts or Lennon, the players that are on the Celtic squad and in the youth system are superb- home grown or bought for tiny fees and I reckon after last night a good few of them will be on the radar in the english premier league if not further afield.

As a long time Samaras proponent, I'm delighted he did it again last night.

Clubs with bigh bankrolls will be looking at him, Forrest, Commons, Wanyama, Ambrose, Izzaguire(who I dont rate as high at many - though he can cross a ball) and especially Hooper who is as good as some of the strikers in the English squad!

Celtic were lucky last night. I thought they deserved a draw before the red card. At least they were clinical for a change and that is a big change from prev seasons (remember anderlecht).

Hopefuly they will get their heads right for the game v hearts this weekend.

Valencia did not start against City in a must have game for manure last season...............his manager? the genius that is SAF, truth is they all get it wrong sometimes.

Lennon and Celtic are on a high, their star is on the rise just as their nemesis star is at an all time low, kismet, karma???? I don't know, but I love it. ;D

Lennon has a talent for spotting talent, he would thrive in the PL because he would bring so much to the table regarding the youth set up and picking up undervalued players.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Main Street

It's a moot point whether Lennon could manage a team in another league, never mind a piddling club in the lower reaches of the epl  with zero european pedigree and zero chance of getting any. He's still on a learning curve, fortunately for Celtic it's upwards. It's taken a work in progress period  to get to this point, with the Finnish and Swedish champions already dispatched, a very decent performance against Benfica and now Russia's 2nd team beaten.
I like the way he wants Celtic to play football, the way he has moulded a coherent shape to the team with players at their best in defined roles. He's also done well with the leftover crumbs before the transfer window closed.

Denn Forever

Isn't Pat Fenlon doing well at Hibs?  Hope he can keep it going.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Croí na hÉireann

Anywhere to watch the match online seeing as RTE and ITV are showing the same bloody match?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Main Street

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 23, 2012, 05:33:03 PM
Anywhere to watch the match online seeing as RTE and ITV are showing the same bloody match?
After all these years, you have to ask where the stream links are available?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Main Street on October 23, 2012, 06:43:35 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 23, 2012, 05:33:03 PM
After all these years, you have to ask where the stream links are available?

Never used "a one" would you believe, were they not posted in the team threads?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

The Worker

Disgrace none of them are showing the Celtic game!