Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Clown

I dont think we ever stood a chance in this group considering the quality in the squad and our appalling away record. I think it should be used to help find a settled and best XI, Mulgrew and Dan last night at centre back looked solid and should be a basis to build on and given a run of games together. Bangura looks a decent foil for Hooper or Stokes, big and pacey, he just needs to get a few goals now.

Lennon needs to completely forget Samaras and Loovens and ship them out as soon as he can. Neither will ever be good enough to wear the hoops and Samaras coming on last night cost Celtic the match i thought. Its as if he's trying to prove a point with him

Pat Mustard

Those saying we'd have won a leagge with Mowbray in charge are clueless. He's a good manager in the championship. There's a different pressure of being in charge of Celtic, Mowbray obviously couldn't handle that. His signings were also, for the most part, woeful.

Rogne may start if he wasn't injured all the time, he's no great shakes either though.

Bangura looks decent so far, dodgy first touch and hasn't got a sniff of anything around the box but he's barely played 2 full games. Hopefully he gets a bit of a run in the side. Wanyama looked good last night too. In him, Kayal, Ki and Ledley we have an embarassment of riches in central midfield compared to other positions in the side.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Pat Mustard on September 30, 2011, 03:48:28 PM
Those saying we'd have won a leagge with Mowbray in charge are clueless. He's a good manager in the championship. There's a different pressure of being in charge of Celtic, Mowbray obviously couldn't handle that. His signings were also, for the most part, woeful.

Rogne may start if he wasn't injured all the time, he's no great shakes either though.

Bangura looks decent so far, dodgy first touch and hasn't got a sniff of anything around the box but he's barely played 2 full games. Hopefully he gets a bit of a run in the side. Wanyama looked good last night too. In him, Kayal, Ki and Ledley we have an embarassment of riches in central midfield compared to other positions in the side.
whatever about the what ifs regarding mowbray, I completely disagree with Rogne.
Last years rise to form came off the back of the defence solidifying before Christmas, when Rogne finally got fit and took his place in central defence. His reading of the game and his pace coving for his slower and error prone partners in defence shored up the sieve at long last and the wheels only came off again after he started getting inj and was in and out of the team at the ending months of the season.
I really liked what I saw of him as a no nonsense defender. imo was heading for Celtics POTY before inj towards the end.
far more valuable than Izzaguirre - who is a great player going forward, but is enabled to do so when a great defender like Rogne is behind him.

Pat Mustard

I quite like Rogne, he isn't that good though. I'd Mulgrew is probably our best central defender (how times have changed), Wilson looked ok til the Rangers game, Maj and Loovens are donkies. Rogne is decent, he was nowhere near POTY of the year though. He was the weak link in the CIS final, and our season fell apart from there. If he's fit I'd play him,the problem is he's rarely fit.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Depressing crap on show yesterday.
Celtic now 7/4 to win the SPL with Paddy Power, worth a punt, long way to go and Huns still have possibility of being docked points if HRMC case goes the way its expected!
Plus they will drop plenty of points between now and May (so will we, but not as many  ;))
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Looks like the AGM is coming up again!!  ::)
We just got rid of one injury prone player to replace him with another.
Not fussed atm on this one, suppose it could just be shite paper talk

James McFadden in Celtic signing talks

Celtic are in signing talks with Scotland forward James McFadden, BBC Scotland has learned.

The 28-year-old is a free agent after being released by Birmingham City at the end of last season.

McFadden had been out of action since September last year after he suffered cruciate ligament damage.

Following his recovery from injury, he had been training with Wolves and manager Mick McCarthy announced he was keen to sign the player.

However, it appears that McFadden has preferred to consider options other than the Barclays Premier League club.

It could mean a return to the Scottish Premier League, the forward having began his career with Motherwell.

Celtic midfielder Joe Ledley believes McFadden would be a welcome addition to the club as they look to reduce the gap at the top of the table.

"He is a great player and I think he will be good for the team," said the Wales international, who hopes to be fit in time to face Kilmarnock on Saturday.

"It is down to the club to sort it out, but we'd welcome him into the club.

"I have seen him play many times and he'd be a good player to have. He'd be a good addition to the team."

McFadden moved to Everton from Fir Park for £1.25m in 2003 and spent five years at Goodison Park before heading for Birmingham in a £5m.

Having been relegated to the Championship, the Blues decided against taking up the option of a two-year extension to his contract this summer.
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

McFadden prob long past his best.
From memory but this is what I recall about him -
A lad who almost joined Celtic as a youngster when he was tearing up defenses with motherwell. He was told to sit tight and keep himself out of trouble and Celtc would come in for him.
His family are celtic fans and season ticket holders and his father was desperate for him to join. However the lad got notions about himself and went a bit off the rails. So much so that Celtic then wouldnt sign him - or was it that he decided they were not offering enough and headed south instead.
Either way, he was another liam miller - loads of talent and a bit more of an apprenticeship under good men woul dhave seen the best of him.
However after a couple of short years as a nearly man he has been cast aside on the scrap heap and now trying to use his previously great reputation in scotland to land himself back with Celtic (again a bit like miller).
would like to thik he still has it in him as he isnt old. However he might be too long away from playing and playing a decent standard. Then you have to wonder has his infamous illdiscipline been curtailed.

rossie mad

i remember him with motherwell and i actually thought he was a great prospect and when he went to england he did well with everton i thought.however the thing about everton was his speed wasnt used to its true potential and was often used as a lone striker or on the right side of midfield and of course cahill filled the position mcfadden would have loved running of the front man.
its hard to see how he will be after that injury but he obviously was on big bucks or biringham would have kept him.
If he plays close to his best he would be a welcome addition and would be a great addition in a 4 3 3 formation.However if his injury comes back to haunt him he would be a waste of money.Sign him on a deal till the end of season and then get first refusal on him.

On the season so far i dont hold out much hope for a memorable one.I think our squad is poor in several areas.samaras,loovens,mccourt and stokes should be shipped off in january as i think they arent up to it and the likes of mark wilson should be shipped off at the end of the season.

The problem is are squad is inexperienced in several areas and we should invest in some experience in january to try and add a bit of steel to it.I thought letting jamie hamill off to hearts and not trying to sign him was a mistake as well as not trying to sign the likes of skacel and goodwillie as well as letting james mcarthur go to wigan from hamilton.

Who have we at the weekend?After the hearts defeat i seem to have lost interst hopefully that wont be a constant.

Club Rossa

Away to Kilmarnock this weekend.Cannot afford many more defeats or the title race will be over before Christmas.

Archie Mitchell

Celtic doing well. 3-0 down at half time. League over

tyroneman

If Lennon has any pride he will walk after this. 

Great servant to the club. Deserves to depart in his own terms, as long as hediors the decent trying and hands in the resignation right after this.

Should have learned his trade in the lower leagues. He has unfortunately made Celtic a laughing stock this season. Rangers are neck deep in the financial sh!t and cruising the league.

MoN to the end of the season in a salvage job - IF he can be persuaded.

Players clearly have no interest either.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Club Rossa on October 13, 2011, 05:33:08 PM
Away to Kilmarnock this weekend.Cannot afford many more defeats or the title race will be over before Christmas.

before this sunday perhaps ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Hoof Hearted

Lennons resignation is iminient, sure the the Norn Iron job is up for grabs. Former player, will surely be welcomed as a hero back in Windsor !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

GalwayBayBoy

Lenny must be close to getting his jotters after this. No amount of hero status at the club will save him if the team he puts out on the park every week is pure dung.