?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

EC Unique

Poor team playing in a poor league. :-\

Forever Green

Look I was one of the people saying that there was a big over reaction to the last couple of results but tonight I have just realised that Neil Lennon does not have what it takes to be Celtic manager. Truly f**king shocking management. Why he started that big lanky, greasy string of piss before Stokes is unbelievable. Doesn't even bring Stokes on when we are badly needing a goal. Tactics were absolutely shocking throughout the game. I have plenty of sympathy for what Lenny went through last season but after watching that shambles tonight, he is simply not up to the job

Minder

Quote from: EC Unique on August 25, 2011, 09:39:02 PM
Poor team playing in a poor league. :-\

Poor league because the teams haven't a pot to piss in. It's not as if they are spending £50m a year on players and not performing.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

tyroneman

Unless Stokes was injured, in which case he shouldn't be on the bench, it was IN-EX-FCUKIN-CUSA-BLE that Lennon left our top scorer stewing on the sidelines when we needed goals.

What message does that give Stokes FFS.

AZOffaly

Shamrock Rovers are beating Partizan Belgrade, and look like they might go through.  That brings things into focus for Celtic and Rangers in fairness.

ross4life

FC Sion finished 4th in the Swiss league i'm starting to fear what the top Swiss team could do.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

AZOffaly

Quote from: ross4life on August 25, 2011, 09:58:18 PM
FC Sion finished 4th in the Swiss league i'm starting to fear what the top Swiss team could do.

Ara stop. You're worse than the Kerry lads.

Forever Green

Quote from: tyroneman on August 25, 2011, 09:49:25 PM
Unless Stokes was injured, in which case he shouldn't be on the bench, it was IN-EX-FCUKIN-CUSA-BLE that Lennon left our top scorer stewing on the sidelines when we needed goals.

What message does that give Stokes FFS.

Tbh, tyroneman I would not blame Stokes one bit if he wanted to leave after that shite. He has every right to do so. Lennon just seems to have a grudge against him. Also imo, that was a perfect game for McCourt to come in to but does Lennon realise that, does he f**k >:(

laoislad

Ye are following the wrong team in Green and White hoops!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Muzz

Going to have to watch the match later.   Just seen the result from last night.

To say I am disappointed is an understatement.  Need to see the game to see where it was lost.  Though listening to some of you it is completely inexcuseable to not have stokes on nor give McCourt a run out when we need goals.

For those that seen it - how big a bearing was the sending off?

Pat Mustard

Quote from: snoopdog on August 25, 2011, 09:26:49 PM
to think Celtic and Rangers want to join the Premier league. Truth is they would struggle in the 3rd tier of English football.
Aye, because they'd have the same income they have now if they played in the premiership. You absolute clown.

I don't think anyone here was saying Lennon was or is a great manager. A lot of us supported him last season for obvious reasons. I suppose we were wrong to do that?

Muzz, a sending off and goal in the first minute had the effect you'd expect for a team with no confidence away fro home in Europe. It was only in very brief periods where we looked like playing our way in to it. I'm not calling for Lennon's head just yet but in my heart he doesnt have what it takes.

lynchbhoy

apart from the problems starting in the off season as Celtic havent/wont spend the cash to buy better quality international strikers etc - the first leg did Celtic.
Missing the key players and having the unsettled side in the first leg resulted in dominating the game but no goals.
Celtic then had to go out last night knowing they needed a goal and instead after three minutes, concede a penalty and have the centre half sent off. Whatever about conceding a goal, playin away with 10men and chasing a goal - well thats nigh impossible.

Lennon is a great guy, but he is inexperienced.I would disagree with a lot of his team selections and formations.
However as he is the Celtic manager , Celtic fans should get behind him - same was as the fans got behind wgs and mowbray despite many not liking either ( I liked mowbray but - after a while- not strachan but supported both).

now that Swansea have set the precedent and played in the english premier (though thats a load of balls- the premier is no different to the old english top tier Div 1 that Swansea had already played in a couple of decades ago !!) - Celtic can look at the notion I had concocted in the early 00's.
Send a second (reserve/youth) team down to play in the english lower leagues and have them rise up through the ranks and divisions  until they get to English championship. then switch the Top Celtic side with this 'sleeper' Celtic side and then get into the EPL and the money that awaits them.
with the money on offer to the current epl sides, Celtic woul dbe up amongst thebest of them.
Might need a mega rich sugar daddy to bankroll them like a lot of these top 5 clubs have, but if Celtic want to comete at this level, then they have to sell their soul like the rest have done. That business and thats modern day soccer. they will be able to afford the best of managers and players then. right now Celtic and rangers and other scots clubs - are on a downward spiral as money in spl is getting lesser. The reasons for keeping Celtic in the spl no longer exist (entry to the CL and europe each season). this is the only way imo, and I said it elsewhere nearly 10 years ago..

screenmachine

People need to face facts and realise that Celtic and Rangers are no longer (not that they really ever were) a force in European football. They are at best an Inter Toto (or its current equivalent) type club. This romantic notion that Celtic could cut it with the big boys in the Premiership is bollocks, top ten would be a real stretch for either club currently. There really is no point in getting rid of Lennon unless 75-100% of the squad is going as well. As the saying goes, you can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear, or something to that affect. Yet we still have eejits sailing the high seas week in week out to go and watch second/third rate football. Lunatics.
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

heffo

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 26, 2011, 10:01:54 AM

Send a second (reserve/youth) team down to play in the english lower leagues and have them rise up through the ranks and divisions  until they get to English championship. then switch the Top Celtic side with this 'sleeper' Celtic side and then get into the EPL and the money that awaits them.

Unless you're talking about the Doctor Martins league LB there is no way a Celtic reserve/Youth team would fly up the leagues.

There are a lot of good pro's operating in the lower leagues and they can be very hard to get out of.

As it stands Celtic are a championship standard team. The days of the 40k a week contracts and the accompanying quality are long gone

Pat Mustard

Quote from: screenmachine on August 26, 2011, 10:31:48 AM
People need to face facts and realise that Celtic and Rangers are no longer (not that they really ever were) a force in European football. They are at best an Inter Toto (or its current equivalent) type club. This romantic notion that Celtic could cut it with the big boys in the Premiership is bollocks, top ten would be a real stretch for either club currently. There really is no point in getting rid of Lennon unless 75-100% of the squad is going as well. As the saying goes, you can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear, or something to that affect. Yet we still have eejits sailing the high seas week in week out to go and watch second/third rate football. Lunatics.
What exactly is an "Inter Toto(or its current equivalent) type club"? Yet another clueless opinion. Could the current Celtic team cut it in the premiership? Obviously not. The financial budget the club currently work around is lower than that of a championship club. Now, can your brain comprehend the fact that if Celtic were in the premiership, they'd have far more tv income, ticket income, and are one of the most marketable football teams around? There'd be an opportunity for Celic to be be the biggest in Scotland, Ireland, even the Yanks would buy in to it to an extent.
In case you still can't comprehend, I'll spell it out. Premiership = Moneybags. At the minute Celtic have none so couldn't compete. If they got money, they could. Understand?
As for your shite about "lunatics" going to watch 3rd rate football every week, I'd hazard a guess its for the same reason you go to watch Ballinascreen every week. ;)