Quote from: Angelo on May 02, 2019, 07:14:15 AM
Quote from: delgany on May 01, 2019, 11:27:05 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 01, 2019, 11:12:55 PM
Quote from: delgany on May 01, 2019, 11:08:21 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on May 01, 2019, 03:42:49 PM
Quote from: delgany on April 30, 2019, 09:51:14 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 30, 2019, 09:14:58 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on April 30, 2019, 07:08:28 PM
Teachers' pay is an absolute joke and they pay rise they're being offered is useless. I'm a Civil Servant and earn over £10K more than my wife who's a teacher. I'd say half the staff in Tesco get paid more

Really! NICS pay must be great.

Here are the teacher pay scales for teachers who have not been awarded a promotion. Any teacher can progress up through this scale over 9 years, just look at the annual increments.

Currently Tesco workers are paid £7.62 an hour, which will rise to £8.42 an hour by November 2018. The pay rise will put Tesco workers' pay above the £7.90 level that the National Living Wage is expected to reach by 2018. (23 Jun 2017)

I think teachers need to realise how fortunate they really are compared to the average in N.Ireland. In 2017, average weekly wages in Northern Ireland was £501, up 1.5 per cent from £494 in 2016. Annual salaries in the north, at £25,999, are still lower than the UK average of £28,758.

It takes 12 years to get to top of pay scale
M1 to M6   takes 6 years
UPS 1 TO 3  takes 6 years  - two years per point !

Paid M1 on starting
Paid M2 after 1 year
Paid M3 after 2 years
Paid M4 after 3 years
Paid M5 after 4 years
Paid M6 after 5 years
Paid UPS1 after 6 years
Paid UPS1 after 7 years
Paid UPS2 after 8 years
Paid UPS2 after 9 years
Paid UPS3 after 10 years

12 years, are you a teacher?

Teachers pay increments are based on  the school academic year  and not the calendar year ... ...so yes it  takes 12 years to get to the top of pay grades...it isn't hard to work that out ... problem solving strategies !

Yet more utterly misleading information, 10 years is the period of time.

Why are teachers so liberal with the truth when it comes to presenting the nature of their "plight" in a positive light?

It's the same with the way they twist their salary for the 9 months they work.

Look you clown
It is only in year 13 that you will  be actually paid at UPS 3 pay rate ...not in the first year that you are working towards that increment . That is simple the facts of the matter.

I dont feel plight in any way .

I just pity arse holes who think they know something about education

As  said    Did you not receive an education yourself  because you seem a right  dick.

I think your attitude is quite telling when you have to respond to someone trying to clarify the disingenuous information you are spreading.

If I leave my house at 1.45pm and I travel for 2 hours and 20 mins, arriving at 4.05pm. When someone asks how long your journey takes, do you say 2 hours or 4 hours?

The simple fact of the matter is that it will take a period of time of 10 years to reach the top of the scale and you have deliberately tried to spin a false story to exaggerate the plight of the teacher. Just like the teachers likes to spin contradicting arguments when it comes to play down their salary and leave entitlements.

If you are the calibre and integrity of teacher about today then I'd severely worry about the education of the kids.

It's extremely telling the lies and spin put forth when you delve into the teachers arguments.

Something lacking here

Using your example
If you leave your house  12,   would you  ring your mate and tell you had arrived at your destination - No - because you still have the journey to make
In year 10 for pay progression  - you have a two year appraisal to achieve . Once achieved your pay increment increases - it's not backdated !  So it takes that long  to reach the highest pay grade

I have never mentioned anything about the plight if teachers
I have stated the actual facts !
Teaching is a good career , decent pay ,decent pension , excellent holidays. If you work in a well run school with few discipline issues , it is a great environment.

The actual facts would seem to suggest you have tried to manipulate the actuality of events to suit your agenda.

It takes 11 full years to reach the top of the scale. You hdve attempted to manipulate that fact and have been caught out in doing so.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

delgany

Quote from: Angelo on May 02, 2019, 07:19:28 AM
Quote from: delgany on May 01, 2019, 11:36:03 PM
Fact :  in North teachers get 66 paid holiday days.
Teachers in South get  about 80 !
Its an enjoyable perk of the job alongside an odd pen and a pity of free copying for the Gaelic club !

How can we take your word for it? You have already been found out on here posting false and misleading information to put a spin on your story.

The standard leave in the private sector would be about 20-25 days from places I have worked. So even with your under declared teacher leave figures, you still have around three times what most people get a year in terms of leave and teachers then have the gall to go around bleating and striking about how overworked and underpaid they are.

As I have said previously, there's plenty of jobs in other industries out there if it's that bad. Not many teachers seem willing to take that chance though and why would that be?

Teachers are like the boy who cried wolf, they are merely chancing their arm.

something lacking 2 !

Teachers are contracted to work 195 days .
Weekends = 104 days .
Sub-total = 299
365 -299 = 66 days .

That would be a simple two maths problem for a P5 child.

So good day to you , facts are facts ...you need to get over it

delgany

Quote from: Angelo on May 02, 2019, 10:16:00 AM
Quote from: delgany on May 02, 2019, 09:15:44 AM
Quote from: Angelo on May 02, 2019, 07:14:15 AM
Quote from: delgany on May 01, 2019, 11:27:05 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 01, 2019, 11:12:55 PM
Quote from: delgany on May 01, 2019, 11:08:21 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on May 01, 2019, 03:42:49 PM
Quote from: delgany on April 30, 2019, 09:51:14 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 30, 2019, 09:14:58 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on April 30, 2019, 07:08:28 PM
Teachers' pay is an absolute joke and they pay rise they're being offered is useless. I'm a Civil Servant and earn over £10K more than my wife who's a teacher. I'd say half the staff in Tesco get paid more

Really! NICS pay must be great.

Here are the teacher pay scales for teachers who have not been awarded a promotion. Any teacher can progress up through this scale over 9 years, just look at the annual increments.

Currently Tesco workers are paid £7.62 an hour, which will rise to £8.42 an hour by November 2018. The pay rise will put Tesco workers' pay above the £7.90 level that the National Living Wage is expected to reach by 2018. (23 Jun 2017)

I think teachers need to realise how fortunate they really are compared to the average in N.Ireland. In 2017, average weekly wages in Northern Ireland was £501, up 1.5 per cent from £494 in 2016. Annual salaries in the north, at £25,999, are still lower than the UK average of £28,758.

It takes 12 years to get to top of pay scale
M1 to M6   takes 6 years
UPS 1 TO 3  takes 6 years  - two years per point !

Paid M1 on starting
Paid M2 after 1 year
Paid M3 after 2 years
Paid M4 after 3 years
Paid M5 after 4 years
Paid M6 after 5 years
Paid UPS1 after 6 years
Paid UPS1 after 7 years
Paid UPS2 after 8 years
Paid UPS2 after 9 years
Paid UPS3 after 10 years

12 years, are you a teacher?

Teachers pay increments are based on  the school academic year  and not the calendar year ... ...so yes it  takes 12 years to get to the top of pay grades...it isn't hard to work that out ... problem solving strategies !

Yet more utterly misleading information, 10 years is the period of time.

Why are teachers so liberal with the truth when it comes to presenting the nature of their "plight" in a positive light?

It's the same with the way they twist their salary for the 9 months they work.

Look you clown
It is only in year 13 that you will  be actually paid at UPS 3 pay rate ...not in the first year that you are working towards that increment . That is simple the facts of the matter.

I dont feel plight in any way .

I just pity arse holes who think they know something about education

As  said    Did you not receive an education yourself  because you seem a right  dick.

I think your attitude is quite telling when you have to respond to someone trying to clarify the disingenuous information you are spreading.

If I leave my house at 1.45pm and I travel for 2 hours and 20 mins, arriving at 4.05pm. When someone asks how long your journey takes, do you say 2 hours or 4 hours?

The simple fact of the matter is that it will take a period of time of 10 years to reach the top of the scale and you have deliberately tried to spin a false story to exaggerate the plight of the teacher. Just like the teachers likes to spin contradicting arguments when it comes to play down their salary and leave entitlements.

If you are the calibre and integrity of teacher about today then I'd severely worry about the education of the kids.

It's extremely telling the lies and spin put forth when you delve into the teachers arguments.

Something lacking here

Using your example
If you leave your house  12,   would you  ring your mate and tell you had arrived at your destination - No - because you still have the journey to make
In year 10 for pay progression  - you have a two year appraisal to achieve . Once achieved your pay increment increases - it's not backdated !  So it takes that long  to reach the highest pay grade

I have never mentioned anything about the plight if teachers
I have stated the actual facts !
Teaching is a good career , decent pay ,decent pension , excellent holidays. If you work in a well run school with few discipline issues , it is a great environment.

The actual facts would seem to suggest you have tried to manipulate the actuality of events to suit your agenda.

It takes 11 full years to reach the top of the scale. You hdve attempted to manipulate that fact and have been caught out in doing so.

You are wrong  .just deal with that.
I have no agenda here .
I just prefer factual accuracy.

screenexile

I prefer people who know how to use the quote function so we can see what they're saying!!

trailer

In all seriousness is there another profession that does as much whinging about pay, pay scales, working environment? Serious bit of moaning. Teachers never seem to quit.
They don't have it as bad as they think. It's a good package, inc base salary. Good conditions, dry, inside, warm. Early finishes, guaranteed promotion, good holidays SOME EVEN GET TO GO ON FREE FOREIGN HOLIDAYS!!! SKI TRIP RACKETS!!! The way some are getting on here you'd think they were working in Auschwitz.
Meanwhile I'm knocking my pan in 18 hrs a day, 7 days a week running my own business. No guarantees, no safety net. No one paying my salary. No paid holidays.

lenny

Quote from: trailer on May 02, 2019, 12:15:13 PM
In all seriousness is there another profession that does as much whinging about pay, pay scales, working environment? Serious bit of moaning. Teachers never seem to quit.
They don't have it as bad as they think. It's a good package, inc base salary. Good conditions, dry, inside, warm. Early finishes, guaranteed promotion, good holidays SOME EVEN GET TO GO ON FREE FOREIGN HOLIDAYS!!! SKI TRIP RACKETS!!! The way some are getting on here you'd think they were working in Auschwitz.
Meanwhile I'm knocking my pan in 18 hrs a day, 7 days a week running my own business. No guarantees, no safety net. No one paying my salary. No paid holidays.

You're not too effing busy when you can spend half your time on here.

tonto1888

Written by someone who has absolutely no idea what he or she is talking about

tonto1888

Teachers get a decent wage tho in my early years I took a bar job to supplement my wages. The holidays are decent but a lot of teachers do work during the holidays. However you are restricted as to when you can take holidays and going on holiday costs substantially more during half term or Easter or the summer. There been plenty of times my friends were going abroad to watch CL games and I couldn't go.
All that said I didn't leave because of it or the holidays or the pupils. If all the job involved was teaching it would be the perfect job. Marking and planning aren't enjoyable but they are part and parcel of it. I left because I fell out of love with the job as a whole. The needless paperwork that needs to be filled in. Pupils are treated as pieces of data and success not often celebrated or not celebrated enough. In short it wasn't the job I fell in love with

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 02, 2019, 12:43:25 PM
Teachers get a decent wage tho in my early years I took a bar job to supplement my wages. The holidays are decent but a lot of teachers do work during the holidays. However you are restricted as to when you can take holidays and going on holiday costs substantially more during half term or Easter or the summer. There been plenty of times my friends were going abroad to watch CL games and I couldn't go.
All that said I didn't leave because of it or the holidays or the pupils. If all the job involved was teaching it would be the perfect job. Marking and planning aren't enjoyable but they are part and parcel of it. I left because I fell out of love with the job as a whole. The needless paperwork that needs to be filled in. Pupils are treated as pieces of data and success not often celebrated or not celebrated enough. In short it wasn't the job I fell in love with

My wife would leave tomorrow but after more than 23 years of teaching feels she wouldnt get job security that the teaching provides, shes not thinking about the now, its about the retirement plans. Getting a job in the private sector for her will not be able to provide what her needs will be (looking after me)  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

playwiththewind1st

Is that not eventually a job for the "Ex Antrim Referees Benevolent Fund" (current assets approximately £0.00)?

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: lenny on May 02, 2019, 12:24:03 PM

You're not too effing busy when you can spend half your time on here.

+1
i usse an speelchekor

manfromdelmonte

free foreign holidays? really?
what schools in the real world go on ski trips?

gander

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 02, 2019, 02:23:31 PM

My womans school go on a ski trip every year, she never gets tho.  same teachers every year

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: trailer on May 01, 2019, 10:00:50 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on May 01, 2019, 09:01:25 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 01, 2019, 06:44:54 PM
Not many other industries will pay you to take the summer off and Easter and Christmas etc. Most people get into teaching for the paid summer holidays and I think that is wrong.

Just the usual lazy, trite arguments from someone with no idea. Do you even have a job?

By law every employer in UK must provide their employee with 5.6 weeks or 28 days of paid holidays per year. So, your first statement is completely wrong.

So, teachers are paid for 195 days and receive 28 days of paid holidays like every other worker in UK, so 223 days per year.

With 52 weeks per year, 260 working days per year. So, teachers are not paid for 260 - 223 = 37 days per year

Teachers receive their pay like virtually every other salaried worker as 12 equal monthly payments to lower the employers monthly outlay rather than just according to the days works per month and the 28 paid holidays.

So, again you are completely wrong about paid holidays.  Teachers have 37 days per year for which they are not paid. Do not confuse spreading salary payments across the year with being paid for these unpaid days.

This makes no sense. God help your students. You have no understanding of business.

Explain or is it too difficult for you to understand.  It's not business its employment law and regulations.

trueblue1234

Quote from: gander on May 02, 2019, 02:33:06 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 02, 2019, 02:23:31 PM

My womans school go on a ski trip every year, she never gets tho.  same teachers every year

As cushy a number as Teaching is, I can't think of much worse things than bring a group of teens away on holidays!! I'd be wanted danger money.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit