Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Quote from: Angelo on May 01, 2019, 07:42:15 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on May 01, 2019, 07:25:52 PM
Angelo. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about in 11 years in the profession I met one person who got into teaching for the holidays. She lasted 2 years.
Plenty of teachers 'suck it up' and get in with it.

How do you know that?

Teachers are all well versed in playing the poor mouth and acting like victims so they are hardly going to disclose it to all and sundry. The truth lies in the very low drop out rates in teaching, they "suck it up" and get on with it because when you benchmark it with other jobs across a whole variety of sectors they do extremely well out of it with the paid holidays being the cherry on top.

Should have become a teacher yourself then shouldn't you ?

STREET FIGHTER

Angelo. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about in 11 years in the profession I met one person who got into teaching for the holidays. She lasted 2 years.

How do you know that?

Teachers are all well versed in playing the poor mouth and acting like victims so they are hardly going to disclose it to all and sundry. The truth lies in the very low drop out rates in teaching, they "suck it up" and get on with it because when you benchmark it with other jobs across a whole variety of sectors they do extremely well out of it with the paid holidays being the cherry on top.

I just cant get your line of thought...

Qualified teacher = teaching for life....

Teacher decides to 'drop' out of teaching= fcuk it I'll be a rocket scientist instead?

Maybe downgrade to packing shelves in a supermarket.....but really?

Angelo

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on May 01, 2019, 07:30:14 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 01, 2019, 07:14:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 01, 2019, 06:55:21 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 01, 2019, 06:44:54 PM
If teaching was that bad then teachers wouldn't be holding the taxpayer to ransom and showing disregard to their students via strikes. They would be applying for jobs in other industries and leaving in their droves.

Not many other industries will pay you to take the summer off and Easter and Christmas etc. Most people get into teaching for the paid summer holidays and I think that is wrong. Even the ones that hate the job and work it entails won't leave it because of the works, despite all their tireless whining.

It would be a lot better for the students if teachers put as much effort into educating the children as they do for trying yo extract every attainable perk they can for themselves.

Have you a link to that statement (just teaching for the paid holidays) ?

It's an assertion.

Any job or profession I was unhappy with I moved on from or I sucked it up. Teachers consistently moan and play the poormouth and try and hold the taxpayer to ransom. If things were that bad then surely teachers would leave in their droves? Maybe they are wise enough to know when you benchmark teaching with most other jobs in various industries they come out very, very well - both financially and non-financial benefits. Teachers will never have much sympathy for me as there are plenty of avenues they can take rather than holding the taxpayer to ransom when they already get paid enough.

I reckon your full of sh*t....

What degree/qualifications allows a person to 'job hop' to continue to earn a decent living?

If you have a teaching degree.....your generally a teacher....how do you change career paths then? (successfully?)

Like it or not most people work to live and so this idea of an easy career change....well...does that exist?

Not a teacher by the way...think I'll look for a job in IT though!! (although have fcuk all qualifications in IT)

I'm not full of shit, most university degrees are tinge of vague when it comes to job prospects.

It teaching is the hell that the teachers make it out to be and they are poorly rewarded in their eyes then why don't they leave? The truth is that teaching offers outstanding pay (pro rata to someone who works a full time job), pension benefits, job security, guaranteed wages, holidays etc that can not be benchmarked.

There are plenty of accountants out there with a very diverse background between education and work experiences, there are plenty of solicitors likewise, there are plenty of people in the banking sector who go in with no real discernible finance qualifications and earn it along the way, HR and marketing likewise. There are opportunities there for these dissatisfied teachers but then again, changing career seems to be all a little bit too much like real work for them - something they might not be familiar with.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Angelo on May 01, 2019, 07:53:28 PM
If teaching was that bad then teachers wouldn't be holding the taxpayer to ransom and showing disregard to their students via strikes. They would be applying for jobs in other industries and leaving in their droves.

Not many other industries will pay you to take the summer off and Easter and Christmas etc. Most people get into teaching for the paid summer holidays and I think that is wrong. Even the ones that hate the job and work it entails won't leave it because of the works, despite all their tireless whining.

It would be a lot better for the students if teachers put as much effort into educating the children as they do for trying yo extract every attainable perk they can for themselves.

It's an assertion.

Any job or profession I was unhappy with I moved on from or I sucked it up. Teachers consistently moan and play the poormouth and try and hold the taxpayer to ransom. If things were that bad then surely teachers would leave in their droves? Maybe they are wise enough to know when you benchmark teaching with most other jobs in various industries they come out very, very well - both financially and non-financial benefits. Teachers will never have much sympathy for me as there are plenty of avenues they can take rather than holding the taxpayer to ransom when they already get paid enough.

What degree/qualifications allows a person to 'job hop' to continue to earn a decent living?

If you have a teaching degree.....your generally a teacher....how do you change career paths then? (successfully?)

Like it or not most people work to live and so this idea of an easy career change....well...does that exist?

Not a teacher by the way...think I'll look for a job in IT though!! (although have fcuk all qualifications in IT)

I'm not full of shit, most university degrees are tinge of vague when it comes to job prospects.

It teaching is the hell that the teachers make it out to be and they are poorly rewarded in their eyes then why don't they leave? The truth is that teaching offers outstanding pay (pro rata to someone who works a full time job), pension benefits, job security, guaranteed wages, holidays etc that can not be benchmarked.

There are plenty of accountants out there with a very diverse background between education and work experiences, there are plenty of solicitors likewise, there are plenty of people in the banking sector who go in with no real discernible finance qualifications and earn it along the way, HR and marketing likewise. There are opportunities there for these dissatisfied teachers but then again, changing career seems to be all a little bit too much like real work for them - something they might not be familiar with.

Glad you said it...

Key word being 'most'.....

When you do a teaching degree generally you can only be a teacher....

Angelo

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on May 01, 2019, 07:46:40 PM

How do you know that?

Teacher decides to 'drop' out of teaching= fcuk it I'll be a rocket scientist instead?

Why can't you get your line of thought?

Teaching is for life in the same way that summers off are for life.

If teaching is the hell their cheerleaders on here are claiming and if it is as badly rewarded and poorly supported as their cheerleaders claim then why would anyone stay there teaching? Something doesn't add up with the poor mouthing, victim mentality of teachers and the low dropout rate in comparison with other professions. Did you ever hear of the boy who cried wolf?

Angelo

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on May 01, 2019, 07:56:14 PM

It's an assertion.

Glad you said it...

Yes, you need teaching to do teaching.

You do not need a specific degree to work in fields like accounting, finance, HR, marketing etc - they may be desirable but they are not mandatory - there are plenty of accountants out there for instance who have backgrounds in science, engineering, IT etc. There are plenty of people working in banking with the same type of backgrounds.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Angelo on May 01, 2019, 07:57:45 PM

How do you know that?

If teaching is the hell their cheerleaders on here are claiming and if it is as badly rewarded and poorly supported as their cheerleaders claim then why would anyone stay there teaching? Something doesn't add up with the poor mouthing, victim mentality of teachers and the low dropout rate in comparison with other professions. Did you ever hear of the boy who cried wolf?

Sorry don't get your point here...

I understand my line of thought ok...

If a teacher decides not to be a teacher any more what's the alternative?

A career in modelling? Astronaut? Building Contractor?

And again I'm not a teacher...

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Angelo on May 01, 2019, 08:00:47 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on May 01, 2019, 07:56:14 PM

It's an assertion.

Glad you said it...

Yes, you need teaching to do teaching.

You do not need a specific degree to work in fields like accounting, finance, HR, marketing etc - they may be desirable but they are not mandatory - there are plenty of accountants out there for instance who have backgrounds in science, engineering, IT etc. There are plenty of people working in banking with the same type of backgrounds.

Yeah......but sure if you don't like teaching anymore...fcuk it....leave and get a 'real' job ....yeah?? (check your previously posts)

manfromdelmonte

You do know that there's a reason schools close for holidays
Its actually to give the children a break.
They get worn out after a long term.

In fact, despite the schools in the south having less teaching 'days' than in the north or UK, that children down here do much better on a range of standardised testing.

Even though schools down here do not coach children towards sitting tests (unlike schools in the north)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on May 01, 2019, 08:04:27 PM

How do you know that?

Your thread is either incorrect or facetious. It is entirely possible to leave teaching and make a successful career elsewhere. I'd presume those with a PGCE and a primary Arts or Science degree would be marginally more employable than those through a BEd course but I'd say there would be some options. We have had trained teachers come through our place although not sure they were any use  ;)

trailer

Teachers flat out on this thread tonight. No marking tonight it seems.

JimStynes

Quote from: trailer on May 01, 2019, 08:33:15 PM
Teachers flat out on this thread tonight. No marking tonight it seems.

Sure I'm off tomorrow because of the election  ;)

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 01, 2019, 08:20:21 PM

How do you know that?

Your thread is either incorrect or facetious. It is entirely possible to leave teaching and make a successful career elsewhere. I'd presume those with a PGCE and a primary Arts or Science degree would be marginally more employable than those through a BEd course but I'd say there would be some options. We have had trained teachers come through our place although not sure they were any use  ;)

Leave a teaching career and do what?

Without any other qualification than a teaching degree?

Examples please?

Van driver perhaps?

Owen Brannigan

Not many other industries will pay you to take the summer off and Easter and Christmas etc. Most people get into teaching for the paid summer holidays and I think that is wrong.

Just the usual lazy, trite arguments from someone with no idea. Do you even have a job?

By law every employer in UK must provide their employee with 5.6 weeks or 28 days of paid holidays per year. So, your first statement is completely wrong.

So, teachers are paid for 195 days and receive 28 days of paid holidays like every other worker in UK, so 223 days per year.

With 52 weeks per year, 260 working days per year. So, teachers are not paid for 260 - 223 = 37 days per year

Teachers receive their pay like virtually every other salaried worker as 12 equal monthly payments to lower the employers monthly outlay rather than just according to the days works per month and the 28 paid holidays.

So, again you are completely wrong about paid holidays.  Teachers have 37 days per year for which they are not paid. Do not confuse spreading salary payments across the year with being paid for these unpaid days.

screenexile

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on May 01, 2019, 08:59:50 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 01, 2019, 08:20:21 PM

How do you know that?

Leave a teaching career and do what?

Without any other qualification than a teaching degree?

Examples please?

Van driver perhaps?

What careers do people have without any kind of degree at all?? Ridiculous question!!