2019 USFC SF Dún na nGall vs Tír Eoghain, Breffni, Saturday 8th June @5pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, May 26, 2019, 09:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: J70 on May 29, 2019, 07:51:28 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 29, 2019, 07:35:13 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 29, 2019, 07:25:18 PM
Whereas other people might say the Donegal players were getting rightfully frustrated at the Fermanagh tactic of fouling after every turnover.

I wouldn't say they were quite right as Donegal were quite quick to foul themselves when they got turned over and the Fermanagh players just got on with it. I just thought that the referee allowed himself to be swayed pretty easily by Donegal players badgering him. It seemed to be quite a collective effort though Ryan McHugh looked to be the leader in it.

Only one of note I can remember with McHugh was the first half one where Che Cullen followed through late on Leo McLoone (I think) to make sure he went to ground, then took off straight away back up the field, and McHugh jumped up and down in frustration.

Everyone sees what they want to see when it comes to this stuff. I thought McQuillan handled the game well overall and neither side had particular cause for complaint.

But I guarantee that after this next game there will be a lot of whinging on this thread about the referee, whoever it is.  :)

McHugh does that a lot tho.
And there were plenty of fermanagh players in the refs ear

BennyCake

Waving your arms and remonstrateing in front of the ref is all being coached these days. It's all to get in the referees head that we are being continually fouled here, and these boys are cynically stopping us playing our game. Next time there's a debated tussle, the ref will more than likely give the free to the complaining team.

Pat Spillane admitted doing similar during his career.

Fuzzman

I don't wanna open a can of worms but I wonder how other teams see Tyrone's discipline now.
Naturally there are those with bias who will always see us as divers, cheats, dirty players like Ricey, Gormley etc but I don't think we have a Neil McGee or Johnny Cooper type of player any more.
Mattie D and Hampsey are probably our toughest players but to me it looks like we have backed off on the off the ball stuff and sledging but maybe I'm biased.
Some people would say Colm Cavanagh does the odd thing to annoy rival fans but to me he's a big softie.

Donegal definitely added "steel" to their game when McGuinness took over but I think the game is much cleaner now than it used to be and thus ye see much more handbags and throat grabbing that actual punches any more.

Donegal will be keen to build on winning Ulster last year and know should they win this game they will more than likely win two in a row. I'm curious what is the mindset of the Donegal fans the last few years. There was a while there they had Tyrone's number and they definitely felt as if they were the better team. Is that still the case or are they thinking they have fell back and Tyrone are well ahead of them now?

Maroon Manc

Just had a look at the Donegal 26 for last Sunday, who do they still have to come back in?

Fuzzman

J70

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 31, 2019, 01:38:43 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 31, 2019, 11:20:29 AM
Define "well ahead". :)

No chance of beating them

Then no.

You're strong favourites, but its not like we're going out to play the Dubs. Beating you would not be a shock. Beating the Dubs in the Championship would require some serious explaining!

omaghjoe

tyrone08

Wonder why donegal posters are so confident. I am not confident for Tyrone but I do expect Tyrone to have a little bit too much for donegal. I looked at the donegal page on another forum and by the sounds of it Tyrone are in for a hammering. Apparently donegal are larger and more physical and have better players in nearly every position.

V. Confident for a team who have lost 2 years in a row to Tyrone, who came 2nd in division 2 and who found it difficult for large parts of the game against fermanagh

J70

Quote from: tyrone08 on May 31, 2019, 05:38:32 PM
Wonder why donegal posters are so confident. I am not confident for Tyrone but I do expect Tyrone to have a little bit too much for donegal. I looked at the donegal page on another forum and by the sounds of it Tyrone are in for a hammering. Apparently donegal are larger and more physical and have better players in nearly every position.

V. Confident for a team who have lost 2 years in a row to Tyrone, who came 2nd in division 2 and who found it difficult for large parts of the game against fermanagh

What have we got, three Donegal supporters on this thread?

Not one of us has Tyrone as anything other than favourites.

Or was my fearing you much less than Dublin too much for you to handle?

As for the Fermanagh game, I don't think I felt we wouldn't win that at any stage in that match.

BennyHarp

Donegal at 7/4 is way over priced in my view. This one will be very tight.
That was never a square ball!!

imtommygunn

Quote from: J70 on May 31, 2019, 05:45:02 PM

As for the Fermanagh game, I don't think I felt we wouldn't win that at any stage in that match.

How dare you imply you might, just might, have a chance of winning... how arrogant  ;D

tyrone08

If you would please re read my comment I said donegal posters in another forum where mutilple people have donegal as hot favourites. I think the match will be very close with only a few points in it. Not sure why you brought the dubs into it.

Main Street

Quote from: tyrone08 on May 31, 2019, 07:51:35 PM

If you would please re read my comment I said donegal posters in another forum where mutilple people have donegal as hot favourites. I think the match will be very close with only a few points in it. Not sure why you brought the dubs into it.
One poster on the Donegal forum on Hogan Stand happened to mention Donegal's admirable physique/athleticism  and the superior prowess of their forwards blowing Tyrone away, the rest of the posters were measured in their expectations.

rrhf

Honestly Tyrone by 4 plus. Nothing to see here. How many more years on bonners contract? No problem