Tyrone v Monaghan the battle for Ulster’s heart aisf 2018

Started by rrhf, August 05, 2018, 06:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: cjx on August 12, 2018, 11:00:29 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 12, 2018, 10:10:04 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 12, 2018, 10:06:16 PM
Was it McShane who hit that disaster of a shot at the end? Couldn't believe it. Beggan subsequently bettered him though thankfully.
Tyrone did it throughout the game. Needlessly shooting from difficult positions instead of just holding on to it til they found someone in a gimme position.
This is the key point of soul destroying failures for Tyrone. 

It always amazes me because Tyrone have been doing this for 5+ years (see Mayo 2016 worst 34 chances 12 scores) They rarely score the expected total for a top class team and their conversion rate (the other way of judging shot selection/shooting success) is never up to usual top 4 standards (only against lesser teams like Roscommon and Armagh latterly). Tyrone do 'create' more 'chances' but less chances and a much better conversion rate giving 20+points is the target and better way. The misses shots, short, wide and frees missed are soul destroying and today was the same
With all this coaching etc etc How come Tyrone never take the extra 2-3 passes to get the right shot as Dublin do?

It must be an inbuilt lack of confidence/panic somewhere? Is Stephen O'Neill doing anything at all with Tyrone?
The defense is grand so Tyrone now practice your zen, coolness, self belief and patience up front and anything is possible as when 2 points down in 2008!

You do realise Tyrone are currently sat in an All Ireland final?
That was never a square ball!!

Norf Tyrone

I felt a wee bit sorry for Monaghan post game. I thought the ref was poor and got lots of decisions wrong.

As is the norm a lot of focus on the ones that hindered the losing side.

However Tyrone had lots of harsh calls go against them too. The two that I can't believe are not mentioned were firstly the Monaghan number 4, Fintan Kelly I think with a clear trip on the Cuasck Pk side line. The ref blew for a free so he clearly seen it.

Secondly Beggan came out one time and misjudged a high ball taking the Tyrone man (McAliskey I think) clean out of it. Again a clear free kick.

Commiserations to Monaghan. I think they deserved a draw to be honest.

For the final, Tyrone need the perfect performance. Anything less and we lose. Even perfect might not be enough!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

nrico2006

Darren Hughes makes it difficult to have any sympathy for Monaghan. They are sore losers. Think back to the yapping when Cavanagh fouled McManus or when Hughes hit McCann; can never just take it on the chin.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

straightred

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 12, 2018, 11:15:22 PM
Darren Hughes makes it difficult to have any sympathy for Monaghan. They are sore losers. Think back to the yapping when Cavanagh fouled McManus or when Hughes hit McCann; can never just take it on the chin.
remind me of that one. I'm surprised you're brave enough to bring it up.

Sandy Hill

"Stercus accidit"

straightred

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 12, 2018, 11:07:05 PM
I felt a wee bit sorry for Monaghan post game. I thought the ref was poor and got lots of decisions wrong.

However Tyrone had lots of harsh calls go against them too. The two that I can't believe are not mentioned were firstly the Monaghan number 4, Fintan Kelly I think with a clear trip on the Cuasck Pk side line. The ref blew for a free so he clearly seen it.

Secondly Beggan came out one time and misjudged a high ball taking the Tyrone man (McAliskey I think) clean out of it. Again a clear free kick.

For the final, Tyrone need the perfect performance. Anything less and we lose. Even perfect might not be enough!
Dont know about the black card - maybe the one with Wylie? They can replace him anyway so it doesn't matter all that much.

Never a free on beggan though. The tyrone lad ran into him looking for a free as he knew the ball was dead. Dublin got one given agaainst them last night (rightly) for a similar incident but in that case the ball could have been won

nrico2006

Monaghan got a few very dubious frees too. The scuffed shot from McManus that ended up in a 50/50 high ball plus the one against McAliskey that Beggan scored. Both werent frees.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

straightred

Quote from: hardstation on August 12, 2018, 11:28:01 PM
Quote from: straightred on August 12, 2018, 11:24:41 PM

Dont know about the black card - maybe the one with Wylie? They can replace him anyway so it doesn't matter all that much.

Never a free on beggan though. The tyrone lad ran into him looking for a free as he knew the ball was dead. Dublin got one given agaainst them last night (rightly) for a similar incident but in that case the ball could have been won
The ball wasn't dead. McAliskey was stood under it. Beggan moved out to it.
naw - i was down that end and actually thought the ref would buy it. He didn't. One of the few close calls he got right. Anyway Oiche mhaith.

Orchard park

Quote from: hardstation on August 12, 2018, 11:06:23 PM
Was it McShane who hit that disaster of a shot at the end? Couldn't believe it. Beggan subsequently bettered him though thankfully.
Tyrone did it throughout the game. Needlessly shooting from difficult positions instead of just holding on to it til they found someone in a gimme position.

It always amazes me because Tyrone have been doing this for 5+ years (see Mayo 2016 worst 34 chances 12 scores) They rarely score the expected total for a top class team and their conversion rate (the other way of judging shot selection/shooting success) is never up to usual top 4 standards (only against lesser teams like Roscommon and Armagh latterly). Tyrone do 'create' more 'chances' but less chances and a much better conversion rate giving 20+points is the target and better way. The misses shots, short, wide and frees missed are soul destroying and today was the same
With all this coaching etc etc How come Tyrone never take the extra 2-3 passes to get the right shot as Dublin do?

It must be an inbuilt lack of confidence/panic somewhere? Is Stephen O'Neill doing anything at all with Tyrone?
The defense is grand so Tyrone now practice your zen, coolness, self belief and patience up front and anything is possible as when 2 points down in 2008!
Kicking these points was Stephen O'Neill's game. You'd imagine he'd be encouraging them to shoot on sight as he did.

Wasn't it as s pioneer pin wearing yes man he was brought in.

Cos if it had to do with football he nor anyone else won't be listened to

RedHand88

Quote from: Orchard park on August 12, 2018, 11:36:15 PM

Kicking these points was Stephen O'Neill's game. You'd imagine he'd be encouraging them to shoot on sight as he did.

What in the name of jaysus are you on about?!? You boys must be sick the night. An embarrassment to your county.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: straightred on August 12, 2018, 11:24:41 PM

It was Ryan Wylie.

The 2 x Tyrone men closest were Brennan and whoever was tripped. Can't mind now who.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

BennyHarp

You are a feckin nut job. 😂
That was never a square ball!!

Orchard park

Quote from: hardstation on August 12, 2018, 11:42:53 PM

You're friggin right. A relatively recent "All Ireland, All Star, Player of the Year" winning retired forward has no business coaching forwards in today's game.

Get Muggsy then.....

Is  Stephen  not cut om the same cloth as Harte and won't challenge  MH.

And I am not questioning his playing ability st all but meind me who he has managed.

Any forwards coach will struggle under MH. But ye are in the final and nobody else can now beat Dublin so well done

Jayop

Hughes is an embarrassment but going by the gulpins from monaghan around me today being a whining little bitch is all the rage there.

RedHand88

Quote from: Orchard park on August 12, 2018, 11:47:01 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 12, 2018, 11:42:53 PM

You're friggin right. A relatively recent "All Ireland, All Star, Player of the Year" winning retired forward has no business coaching forwards in today's game.

Get Muggsy then.....

Is  Stephen  not cut om the same cloth as Harte and won't challenge  MH.

And I am not questioning his p,sting ability st all but meind me who he has managed

Thank you for your valuable input on who you think Tyrone should have in their backroom staff.