Tyrone v Monaghan the battle for Ulster’s heart aisf 2018

Started by rrhf, August 05, 2018, 06:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Hughes should have started, biggest ref blunder was not giving a black card in the first half

lenny

Quote from: bennydorano on August 12, 2018, 06:55:27 PM
The barge / dive was comical, how the ref bought that I'll never know. Cavanagh was superb tho.

The slightly better team lost today.

Wildweasel74

straightred

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 12, 2018, 07:27:27 PM
Dublin played poorly yesterday too
for the 1st half. They got their act together in the 2nd half and out on a bit of a show

straightred

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 12, 2018, 07:26:25 PM
Hughes should have started, biggest ref blunder was not giving a black card in the first half
i think he's been injured all year - maybe there wasnt a full game in him ? Don't remeber that but i do remember that the tyrone full back should have got one. They replaced him shortly after so it didnt matter much

Jayop

Quote from: Jinxy on August 12, 2018, 07:14:20 PM
Kieran Hughes made a big difference when he came on, despite some of the daft ball that was lumped in on top of him.

Not a word of the biggest most obvious dive of the day which was his by the end line.

straightred

Quote from: Jayop on August 12, 2018, 07:49:17 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 12, 2018, 07:14:20 PM
Kieran Hughes made a big difference when he came on, despite some of the daft ball that was lumped in on top of him.

Not a word of the biggest most obvious dive of the day which was his by the end line.
:) not a hope. Tyrone got lucky with a ref today who wasn't up to the job and they came out at least 2 points on the right side of his incompetence. Do refs not do research ? Do they not know Cavanagh's party piece ?

redzone

imtommygunn

I agree. Ryan wylie did a black card offense in the first half too so i think they were even on that front and hughes dived at the very end however i really do think the ref swung that game for tyrone.

Estimator

The closeness of the game today meant that it was certainly more interesting than yesterdays game. Though the quality wasn't fantastic at all. Poor wides and bad decision making throughout. The amount of lads who lost/dropped/mis-controlled the ball while soloing under no real pressure was unreal.

McAliskey hits a great free off the ground from 40 odd yards under the Hoganstand. Then fires two terrible wides immediately after. Some of the shooting from distance from Monaghan was awful.

Sitting with three other lads all hoping for a Tyrone defeat, and none mentioned the performance of the ref. Bar the Black Card decision for McNamee and Cavanagh's charge. (Barry Cassidy blew against James McCarthy for the same thing yesterday) which he got wrong, I didn't think that he favoured Tyrone. Might have to watch the game back.

I think that Tyrone were the better team. Monaghan struggled to get scores from play at the start of the second half. I think they had the first two opportunities and put them both wide.

Tyrone are in the final and anything can happen. Today's performance will not be good enough to beat Dublin. And fingers crossed they play like that and Dublin beat them out the gate.  ;D
Ulster League Champions 2009

weareros

Enjoyed the game, thought it a great contest from start to finish. I do think Monaghan very unfortunate as the very wrong calls by ref led to 2 or 3 points for Tyrone. In a game of such small margins you have to feel sorry for them.

LilySavage

Monaghan froze. Still only lost by 1. Not sure about the ref giving out. Better team won. Had they taken chances would have been clearcut.

straightred

Quote from: Estimator on August 12, 2018, 08:02:43 PM
The closeness of the game today meant that it was certainly more interesting than yesterdays game. Though the quality wasn't fantastic at all. Poor wides and bad decision making throughout. The amount of lads who lost/dropped/mis-controlled the ball while soloing under no real pressure was unreal.

McAliskey hits a great free off the ground from 40 odd yards under the Hoganstand. Then fires two terrible wides immediately after. Some of the shooting from distance from Monaghan was awful.

Sitting with three other lads all hoping for a Tyrone defeat, and none mentioned the performance of the ref. Bar the Black Card decision for McNamee and Cavanagh's charge. (Barry Cassidy blew against James McCarthy for the same thing yesterday) which he got wrong, I didn't think that he favoured Tyrone. Might have to watch the game back.

I think that Tyrone were the better team. Monaghan struggled to get scores from play at the start of the second half. I think they had the first two opportunities and put them both wide.

Tyrone are in the final and anything can happen. Today's performance will not be good enough to beat Dublin. And fingers crossed they play like that and Dublin beat them out the gate.  ;D
The black card on mcnamee didnt matter as they took him off anyway. Cavanagh's was criticial though. It lead to a point and they won by a point. He also could and probably should have brought the free than beggan missed in closer and given him a retake for the tyrone fellow encroaching. The ref in omagh (rightly) pulled tyrone up for this.

lenny

Quote from: hardstation on August 12, 2018, 07:30:38 PM
Quote from: lenny on August 12, 2018, 07:26:51 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 12, 2018, 06:55:27 PM
The barge / dive was comical, how the ref bought that I'll never know. Cavanagh was superb tho.

The slightly better team lost today.
lol.

I was being serious. The Tyrone goal came totally against the run of play at that stage of the game. Monaghan we're finishing much the stronger and got most of the scores in the last 15 minutes.

Over the Bar

Quote from: Sandy Hill on August 12, 2018, 05:31:46 PM
Quote from: pbat on August 12, 2018, 05:14:58 PM
Two frees given were the difference, one close to half-time and Cavanagh's dive. Seemed all 50/50 went Tyrone's way.

Without a doubt the referee carried Tyrone over the line, a hollow victory. Paddy Power seem to agree — they have Dublin @ 1/8and Tyrone @ 5/1.
Dead on Sandy. We'd rather be there than like you scratching our holes on AI final Sunday! Your bitterness shines thru ;)