Sammon to be ratified on Wednesday

Started by stephenite, September 03, 2007, 09:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaroonAndWhite

Quote from: Duine Eile on September 06, 2007, 12:47:32 PM
It's the entire county board that need to be gottten rid of, not Padraic Joyce. He's still the leader of that forward line which could be seen when he came on against Meath and has a lot more to offer but Killererin and their players have never been a favourite of the county board since the debacle of the match in the dark in 2002 and even before that when Killererin requested a match be postponed in 2000 (?) after Tommy got a serious head injury against Sligo. As regards the ambulance in Tuam on Sunday, apparently Miko Kelly used to organise medical cover, nice touch blaming a man that passed away only a short while ago, it's never Egan's fault anyway!

MaroonAndWhite, what did you think of the match Sunday, was it a penalty? ;)

Stone wall peno  ;) Sure we'll take it, they will try to screw us outta something down the line somewhere anyway so any favours gratefully received! The county board couldnt run a piss up in a brewery anyway........its time the three amigos (Egan, Power and John Joe) were given gate. But sure they dance to the beat of their own drum.....they'll be there as long as they want to be there

GalwayBayBoy

I sincerely doubt Liam Sammon would have taken the job if one of the caveats was that he had to get rid of PJ.

Duine Eile

I'd be thinking along the same lines GBB but this story is widespread throughout the county. Time will tell. Sincerely hope it's not true. Isn't Egan leaving the board this year? He should bring Power and John Joe with him.

MandW, didn't think it was either but in fairness he was denied one minutes before hand when he was sent flying. What do you think of the replay, if we're playing into the town end in 2nd half i think we'll win, it's a superstitious thing! Padraic and Nicky were quiet enough, Nicky subject to a lot of attention from Salthill backs, not all of it legal either. Who'd have thought it'd fall to Lofty to save the day! :D

MaroonAndWhite

I may be way off the mark here but I think at Galway board level (football and hurling combined committee) you have a term of office and then you are up for re-election. I think that the football board is different in that the only way Egan et al can be moved is if the clubs vote them out. The only thing is that given the vindictive nature of the football board, clubs are up for getting their arses kicked if they are seen to go against Egan and he is not put out of office so the frighteners is on alot of clubs. Thats what Ive been told by a well informed club official from the city but I stand corrected if Im wrong.

Given that the two Joyces were relatively quiet, we can improve. The question is, will we get the same return out of Shane Hughes and these lads again? I think Tommie Wilson proved hes still worth his place too.....some man for a someone of his veteran status.....duracel bunny! Cian Begley was pulling and dragging out of Nicky all day and was constantly mouthing (worth a place in the Dublin backline!).........but sure these things are not usually one way and Nicky's hardly the most softly spoken, modest player about! Hes good.....and he'll tell ya he is too!

It will only be a point or two either way again.......

Its great that the Tuam Herald got Lofty's "little" celebration skip on camera............some man if he wasnt 6'6" and constantly

MaroonAndWhite

Duine Eile

Quote from: MaroonAndWhite on September 06, 2007, 03:20:40 PM
Nicky's hardly the most softly spoken, modest player about! Hes good.....and he'll tell ya he is too!

Very accurate description of our Nicky alright! :D

It was good to see some of the other lads steppng up to the plate though, Tom Hughes and Micheal Keane were phenomenal at midfield I thought, Shane Hughes kept us in it really and Tomas Fahy played a blinder.Lofty, even though he got that last point made a few mistakes that led straight to S/K scores.For such a big lad he does tend to get lobbed a lot, had no chance with the second goal though, your man walked the ball thorugh the defence and not a finger was laid on him. What the hell was going on with Sean Armstrong at the start, he was named on the team sheet and then it was announced he wasn't playing but yet he started?Awful messing going on.PJ got an awful knock at the end after the final free was given, well it looked fairly serious anyway from where I was. Nobody saw anything of course. ::) Strictly speaking this should probably be on the local GAA page, sorry about that!

MaroonAndWhite

Duine Eile, sure Salthill pulled the Armstrong stroke straight from the Killererin playbook.........remember Co final a couple of years ago when Lazarus like, the Mighty PJ rose from his sickbed for the Co final just as the national anthem rang around Pearse and Salthill hearts sank (when I Salthill hearts, none of them were actually frm Salthill, blow in hearts ya see!)

Back to Sammon anyway!