Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 13, 2021, 12:04:13 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 13, 2021, 11:56:29 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 13, 2021, 11:53:38 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56050119

Matt Hancock lobbing one up for Angelo

More of less an admission that we can't continue to live like this and that we will finally accept death from like all the other ailments that kill millions globally every year.

was anyone suggesting any different?

Yes.

The people who have been justifying what we have been doing.

The slow learners will finally come around.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Angelo on February 13, 2021, 12:35:47 PM

More of less an admission that we can't continue to live like this and that we will finally accept death from like all the other ailments that kill millions globally every year.

Yes.

no vaccine last year.. vaccine this year.. comparisons arent your forte.

Smurfy123

The minute we mention a reopen we get accused of risking lives
The chairman of the WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION has just said that It is going to be with us for a long time
A slow reopening needs to start on March 5
Schools
Outdoors sports

2 weeks later
Gyms
Outdoor retail
Close contact services (hairdressers etc)

1 month later
Retail
Cafes

6 weeks later
Outdoor restaurant and pubs

2 months later (Early May) social distancing
Restaurants
Pubs

4 months later
Back to normal as possible

November December January
Face masks to be worn inside shops close contacts etc

Angelo

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 13, 2021, 01:30:59 PM

Yes.

More deaths in Jan 18 with a vaccine in play. Comparisons you ignore.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Armagh18

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 13, 2021, 08:47:48 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 13, 2021, 08:41:29 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 13, 2021, 08:03:27 AM
So milltown and the lads that know it all
What would your plans be going forward
Offer know plan u guys just lockdown
Numbers lower now than anytime from October
Let's hear your way out of this guys
Do what New Zealand do. Stop fecking testing everyone and stop the media whipping up a frenzy about an illness that is no worse than a cold for 99% of people. Instead of blowing money on furlough and seiss and 350 a week to sit on your hole, increase hospital capacity, pay medical staff a decent wage, buy them the equipment they need. Protect the elderly and vulnerable until we can get them vaccinated. The North seems to be getting the vaccine rollout spot on, the clowns in the south should quit going with their begging bowl to the EU and look elsewhere for vaccines.

so lockdown but until we are at zero, that is what NZ did and tight border controls. there was little or no appetite for this last year and can you advise how we deal with the border issue. your opinion on covid/cold is wrong.
Jaysus no, I don't want the borders shut, just require negative test before you come in. I mean in terms of testing now- guarantee if you tested 1000 random New Zealanders now there'd be a fair few cases

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 13, 2021, 09:28:26 AM
Feck it, just open up, let her rip right through and once herd immunity comes we'll be over the worst of it.

Quickest way, let the bars open first, followed by the sports, mainly indoor gyms, get a few concerts going also, fill the Odyssey.

After that get the offices back to full capacity and turn up the ventilation to the max.

Hospitals next, visitation back to normal, ah screw it increase the numbers due to lack of access before and nursing homes next.

Schools and colleges back to normal and full lectures and make sure it's done before paddy's day for the sake of the Holylands.

Free flights to the states to encourage the travel industry, let it get back on its feet, stuff it throw in free flights to Brazil and South Africa.

But, we should only allow people under 65 to do that, as it won't affect them really
The side effects of a lockdown are 100x worse than the effects of covid, especially for non vulnerable people.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 13, 2021, 01:36:39 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 13, 2021, 08:47:48 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 13, 2021, 08:41:29 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 13, 2021, 08:03:27 AM
So milltown and the lads that know it all
What would your plans be going forward
Offer know plan u guys just lockdown
Numbers lower now than anytime from October
Let's hear your way out of this guys
Do what New Zealand do. Stop fecking testing everyone and stop the media whipping up a frenzy about an illness that is no worse than a cold for 99% of people. Instead of blowing money on furlough and seiss and 350 a week to sit on your hole, increase hospital capacity, pay medical staff a decent wage, buy them the equipment they need. Protect the elderly and vulnerable until we can get them vaccinated. The North seems to be getting the vaccine rollout spot on, the clowns in the south should quit going with their begging bowl to the EU and look elsewhere for vaccines.

so lockdown but until we are at zero, that is what NZ did and tight border controls. there was little or no appetite for this last year and can you advise how we deal with the border issue. your opinion on covid/cold is wrong.
Jaysus no, I don't want the borders shut, just require negative test before you come in. I mean in terms of testing now- guarantee if you tested 1000 random New Zealanders now there'd be a fair few cases

not sure i agree with that statement... are they randomly testing in NZ? i imagine magbe in hospital setting. so how do you deal with north/south border ans reduce numbers to NZ levels?

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 13, 2021, 01:39:40 PM
Feck it, just open up, let her rip right through and once herd immunity comes we'll be over the worst of it.

Quickest way, let the bars open first, followed by the sports, mainly indoor gyms, get a few concerts going also, fill the Odyssey.

After that get the offices back to full capacity and turn up the ventilation to the max.

Hospitals next, visitation back to normal, ah screw it increase the numbers due to lack of access before and nursing homes next.

Schools and colleges back to normal and full lectures and make sure it's done before paddy's day for the sake of the Holylands.

Free flights to the states to encourage the travel industry, let it get back on its feet, stuff it throw in free flights to Brazil and South Africa.

But, we should only allow people under 65 to do that, as it won't affect them really
The side effects of a lockdown are 100x worse than the effects of covid, especially for non vulnerable people.

how do you separate them? because it is very easily spread.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Angelo on February 13, 2021, 01:34:45 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 13, 2021, 01:30:59 PM

Yes.

More deaths in Jan 18 with a vaccine in play. Comparisons you ignore.

i havent ignored anything but again its not a good comparison.

sid waddell

The effects and side effects of a let it rip situation are many times worse than the side effects of a lockdown

Built into a let it rip situation is massive numbers of deaths, bigger mental health problems, deeply negative effects on all other type of healthcare including cancer services - and inevitable return to lockdown three weeks later

There are a load of posters here living in a fantasy land of la la

BennyCake

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 13, 2021, 08:51:26 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on February 12, 2021, 09:18:05 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 12, 2021, 08:36:05 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on February 12, 2021, 08:24:57 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 12, 2021, 07:59:13 PM
Quote from: clarshack on February 12, 2021, 07:36:25 PM
This guy sums it up well

https://twitter.com/paultreyvaud/status/1359799522449387526

he offers no alternative although i did get bored and might have missed it. was there one?

edit: sorry he suggests locking down all vulnerable and over 70s and provides his breakeven point for his restaurant. no holes to pick there!

Yeah, 55,000 came through the airports, but this is all tom dick and harry's Fault because they didn't wear a mask when they were buying their milk!

who has said benny? i certainly havent. just wondering if you seen my questions on your anti vacvine position. Genuinely interested in knowing more about that position.

the 55k though the airports are all tom dicks and harrys too i imagine.

Yes I seen them. I'm not sure what you want me to say on that. Will using a tv screen result in me needing glasses in the future? Does Alexa keep a record that I listened to 12 Johnny Cash songs last week? I can't see how it's similar.

I didn't say I was anti vaccine. You implied I was.

sorry i misread one of your posts and thought you said you wouldnt take the vaccine due to potential ong term effects.  will you take the vaccine?

I had listed some reasons why some people wouldn't get it (eg. Not in at risk category, have had virus and wasn't a big deal so don't feel they need it, don't know long term side effects, don't trust the pharmaceuticals/media etc etc).

But since you ask; no, I won't take the vaccine. But I know I will have to eventually. Otherwise I won't be able to do anything or go anywhere.

restorepride

Quote from: sid waddell on February 13, 2021, 01:56:14 PM
The effects and side effects of a let it rip situation are many times worse than the side effects of a lockdown

Built into a let it rip situation is massive numbers of deaths, bigger mental health problems, deeply negative effects on all other type of healthcare including cancer services - and inevitable return to lockdown three weeks later

I agree.  In our parish, a family recently let down the guard and attended a wake.  16 subsequently tested positive for Covid, 3 now dead.

Rossfan

Quote from: sid waddell on February 13, 2021, 01:56:14 PM

There's no cure for ignorant stupidity sadly.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 13, 2021, 01:39:40 PM

So just open it up, let's do it. Sure what is the worst that can happen?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: BennyCake on February 13, 2021, 02:08:50 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 13, 2021, 08:51:26 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on February 12, 2021, 09:18:05 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 12, 2021, 08:36:05 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on February 12, 2021, 08:24:57 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 12, 2021, 07:59:13 PM
Quote from: clarshack on February 12, 2021, 07:36:25 PM
This guy sums it up well

https://twitter.com/paultreyvaud/status/1359799522449387526

he offers no alternative although i did get bored and might have missed it. was there one?

edit: sorry he suggests locking down all vulnerable and over 70s and provides his breakeven point for his restaurant. no holes to pick there!

Yeah, 55,000 came through the airports, but this is all tom dick and harry's Fault because they didn't wear a mask when they were buying their milk!

who has said benny? i certainly havent. just wondering if you seen my questions on your anti vacvine position. Genuinely interested in knowing more about that position.

the 55k though the airports are all tom dicks and harrys too i imagine.

Yes I seen them. I'm not sure what you want me to say on that. Will using a tv screen result in me needing glasses in the future? Does Alexa keep a record that I listened to 12 Johnny Cash songs last week? I can't see how it's similar.

I didn't say I was anti vaccine. You implied I was.

sorry i misread one of your posts and thought you said you wouldnt take the vaccine due to potential ong term effects.  will you take the vaccine?

I had listed some reasons why some people wouldn't get it (eg. Not in at risk category, have had virus and wasn't a big deal so don't feel they need it, don't know long term side effects, don't trust the pharmaceuticals/media etc etc).

But since you ask; no, I won't take the vaccine. But I know I will have to eventually. Otherwise I won't be able to do anything or go anywhere.

that was my mistake benny i read them as your reasons not to take the vaccine not that you were providing general rrasons why someone would not take it.

i could assume or imply your actual reason not to initially take the vaccine based on some other comments you made but if willing to provide them id be interested in what they are.

i respect peoples right not to take the vaccine but i myself will take it. Both my sister and mother who work in medical profession have taken it too.