Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2021

Started by SCFC, August 29, 2021, 11:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laois man

Any views on the hurling games this weekend? I hear Castletown are down a few with long term injuries.

Robbo

Quote from: Laois man on October 06, 2021, 03:05:45 PM
Any views on the hurling games this weekend? I hear Castletown are down a few with long term injuries.

Even with no injuries I'd still pick Camross to win that one.

Rathdowney will hammer Rosenallis I'd say. Hope they've injuries back.

In the relegation, I've a sneaky feeling Fintan will get The Harps over the line. If they limit frees they'll have better forwards maybe.

In the Senior A:
Ballinakill should comfortably beat Clonaslee and the best game of the weekend could be Camross vs Rathdowney. Have a feeling Camross might win it which would see them play Ballyfin in the semi-final. Ballinakill v Portlaoise in the other.

Be surprised if Slieve Bloom don't relegate Colt Shanahoe.

G@@

Quote from: clonadmad on September 28, 2021, 10:46:58 AM
Quote from: Robbo on September 28, 2021, 10:39:40 AM
Thanks clonadmad.
I did check the leinster one but found only old fixtures.

Leinster matches are special for the teams who get there.

nothing for leinster as of yet on their website

https://munster.gaa.ie/fixtures/club-championship-2021

Leinster: https://hoganstand.com/County/National/Article/Index/320589
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Robbo

Great to see Paddy Purcell getting nominated for an All-Star.

Hard to see any Laois hurler winning one for the foreseeable but it would be an interesting sign of improvement if we were consistently getting nominations.

redsetanta

Well earned and deserved. At least it's some recognition for him nationally.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Laois man

Is Harps vAbbeyleix game being stream live tonight?

Robbo

Quote from: Laois man on October 07, 2021, 12:04:12 PM
Is Harps vAbbeyleix game being stream live tonight?

No. Double header Sunday for a tenner.

G@@

Harps stay up. 3-18 to 1-14 v Abbeyleix.

Surprised by the margin in that result.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

burdizzo

Quote from: Robbo on October 06, 2021, 07:04:00 PM
Quote from: Laois man on October 06, 2021, 03:05:45 PM

Even with no injuries I'd still pick Camross to win that one.

Castletown have very good numbers training, all the same.

Robbo

Quote from: G@@ on October 07, 2021, 09:37:40 PM
Harps stay up. 3-18 to 1-14 v Abbeyleix.

Surprised by the margin in that result.

Abbeyleix were awful. Could have tried something different in the full-forward line with the wind and Enda's puckouts. Peaked early; dreadful the last 2 games.

The Harps needed the win but they don't look that far ahead of what I've seen in Premier Intermediate.

Laois man

Shocking blow for Abbeyleix after being in the last 3 minor finals there goalkeeper top scored again that tells you alot about there attack. Won't be easy to get back up now either.

Laois Rising

I actually think getting relegated will stand to Abbeyleix in the long run. They have plenty of good young hurlers coming through who would benefit from learning their trade for a year (possibly two) in the intermediate premier ranks. 

Nothing beats going on a winning championship run for generating interest and helping to develop a side, especially a predominately young team. Abbeyleix can look to filter and integrate their successful minor players into their side and come back stronger to the senior ranks in 2023 or 2024. I wouldn't be surprised if they were there or thereabouts at winning a leinster intermediate championship along the way as well.

Spiritof1915

Has to be said abbeyleix were very poor.  I'd actually worry about them going forward. No passion or fight. And a few of their best prospects over the last few years seem to have regressed. If lorcan mahony a proud abbeyleix man can't get the best out of them who can.
Talking to a few harps supporters after the game who were naturally delighted. Very optimistic going forward citing they were down gavin dunne, fionn whelan and ciaran Burke from the Premier intermediate final. Plus Jim o Connor has yet to hurl a ball at adult level. Big boost and hopefully they can build on it and add to the county senior hurlers

Keyser Söze

I disagree with previous poster that being relegated could stand to Abbeyleix. They will be straight back up at a canter. But it won't help them in any way.
I'd question the influence of their goalkeeper. Is he choosing to go long or instructed to go long. It stood out against Camross but it was taken to a new level last night. It is area number 1 that needs addressing whenever they get back to senior.

I'd fear both of Sunday's games could be damp squibs.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Spiritof86

I see your point about the goalkeeper going long frequently. Didn't see the game last night but been to Laois games when this was happening regularly and having zero impact. If anything it hampered the forwards momentum. Is this a manager decision or how does this work ?