China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 03, 2020, 04:11:30 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 03, 2020, 03:55:18 PM
No idea what to think on our numbers. I'm actually at a loss, seems to be 400 every day no matter what they do. Kind of numb to it at this stage really.

We must have a very high carehome population / problem because honestly, in mid Ulster this is not a big a problem as the numbers suggest. Anything I hear is now school related (that is genuinely confirmed).

Am I sticking the head in the sand? I genuinely don't know anymore about the North.

Yeah I would be at a loss too tbh. The cases I hear of, and to be honest have encountered, are coming through schools / nurseries.

Between brexit and this armaghniac then absolutely a failed state and america is a failure now too not just because of covid. That being said looking at the dail voting to not pay student nurses and reading some of their stories they look as bad as the english tories too :( (not quite mind you but you do have to wonder about that vote and the school meals ones in england and how they find so many so callous people and group them all together).

I would hope that the 26 county government would still do something for the nurses, even if they do not quite agree with the formula proposed by the opposition.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jeepers Creepers

Public support for Covid precautions has largley been lost in the North unfortunatley. Every shop in the North seems to be essential FFS.

imtommygunn

Yeah I noticed furniture and sweet shops seemed essential.

GetOverTheBar

Sounds like everything, in some style or another is opening in the North next Friday.

armaghniac

183 cases in the 26 counties, that's a bit more hopeful than the wee 6!

Rossfan

Equivalent to about 70ish in the 6.
If we were still having their level of cases we'd be back to April style restrictions.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Is there some issue with a school in Newry, Mourne and Down? A lot of younger people in the testing, or maybe they just have a younger population.

Rossfan

Quote from: armaghniac on December 03, 2020, 05:51:27 PM
Seems there's been a Computer glitch as they expected the figure to be higher.
We can expect a relatively high figure tomorrow so.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Smurfy123

The R number is higher now than when things were turned down a few weeks ago
Even by their standards it's really all over the show.
Expect 550 cases by next Thursday

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on December 03, 2020, 06:31:44 PM

Probably 450 odd tomorrow, but still no more than the 6 counties!

Blowitupref

253 positive tests in the last 24 hours from 12,048 test so roughly 70 cases to be added in tomorrow giving probably over 300 reported cases.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

armaghniac

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 03, 2020, 06:57:20 PM
253 positive tests in the last 24 hours from 12,048 test so roughly 70 cases to be added in tomorrow giving probably over 300 reported cases.

That wouldn't be too bad at all. Numbers will go up over the Xmas, but the lower they start off then the more headroom there is.

imtommygunn

We're opening everything except "wet pubs" up here it seems. Happy days. Christmas off :o

thewobbler

Anyone else think that the closure of "wet" pubs means the opening of house party central?

smelmoth

Quote from: thewobbler on December 03, 2020, 07:22:02 PM
Anyone else think that the closure of "wet" pubs means the opening of house party central?

No.

Most in my local haven't been to a house party in 30 years. A few wakes spilled over into something else but generally we don't read the will until a few days after the funeral now