3 players walk from Antrim

Started by The Brick, April 17, 2014, 05:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

Baker Bradley comes across as a complete tosser right enough.  Just seems that way in interviews, maybe he is much different in person I dont know but he doesnt strike me as the easist character to work with either.

DennistheMenace

No, he's exactly the same as he is in interviews. Take from that what you will.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: DennistheMenace on April 18, 2014, 09:45:29 AM
No, he's exactly the same as he is in interviews. Take from that what you will.

An ignorant canntt then?

Being from a country place like Glenullin, I would imagine he wouldnt have much tolerance for the Belfast city boys from St Galls.  Just strikes me as that sort of person and that there would be a real personality clash.

AQMP

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 18, 2014, 09:39:56 AM
Quote from: AQMP on April 18, 2014, 09:33:03 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on April 17, 2014, 11:56:41 PM
McGourty is a class player, pity he is pissing around and not able to show his talent in the Championship

He is a very good club player but has never done much in the Championship.

He hasn't really been around to show what he can do . Wasn't involved in 2013. and didn't feature much under Bradley in his first stint due to injuries and a falling out

The 2010 All-Ireland club winner's inter county career has been blighted by injuries and he was dropped by Bradley during his first spell in charge in 2009 and was again overlooked in 2012.

Some of his exile has been due to injury, some self imposed, some enforced by management etc.  In Ulster he would make the Fermanagh team and maybe make the Cavan squad but I doubt he would make the Championship squad of any other county.

rodney trotter

I'm sure he would make the Armagh Squad too

Christmas Lights

Quote from: AQMP on April 18, 2014, 10:25:25 AM
McGourty is a class player, pity he is pissing around and not able to show his talent in the Championship

He hasn't really been around to show what he can do . Wasn't involved in 2013. and didn't feature much under Bradley in his first stint due to injuries and a falling out

The 2010 All-Ireland club winner's inter county career has been blighted by injuries and he was dropped by Bradley during his first spell in charge in 2009 and was again overlooked in 2012.

Some of his exile has been due to injury, some self imposed, some enforced by management etc.  In Ulster he would make the Fermanagh team and maybe make the Cavan squad but I doubt he would make the Championship squad of any other county.

You seem to have a real chip on your shoulder about this player.
Whats the problem?  hes Antrim's best forward by miles, you should be rolling out the red carpet for him.

AQMP

Quote from: Christmas Lights on April 18, 2014, 10:30:38 AM
Quote from: AQMP on April 18, 2014, 10:25:25 AM

You seem to have a real chip on your shoulder about this player.
Whats the problem?  hes Antrim's best forward by miles, you should be rolling out the red carpet for him.

No chip on the shoulder at all, I'm just expressing an opinion on his talent.  It's an opinion (right enough I may be wrong) based on what I've seen over the years especially in the "white heat" of the Ulster Championship.  He wasn't part of the squad that got to the Ulster Final.

Milltown Row2

Look at the end of the day this is an individuals decision to walk out/dropped out of team, as Hardstation has already mentioned Baker has his issues either with Galls or CJ, I mean what f**king eejit would try and punch one player at halftime in the tunnel during a Ulster club game!! He missed and ended up hitting another player and gave him a black eye in the process.

There was never going to be mutual respect between them anyways, as for not having the 'He is a very good club player but has never done much in the Championship' quote AQMP he's not on his own in that respect, we've had one good championship run in 60+ years

As for the other lads walking out, well again that's up to them, Naomh Gall are not behind this at all, anyone who knows anything about football knows that having lads on the county team can have a positive effect on their club team, due to the standard of training and conditioning that's required
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Christmas Lights

Quote from: The Brick on April 18, 2014, 11:51:38 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 18, 2014, 11:04:30 AM
Look at the end of the day this is an individuals decision to walk out/dropped out of team, as Hardstation has already mentioned Baker has his issues either with Galls or CJ, I mean what f**king eejit would try and punch one player at halftime in the tunnel during a Ulster club game!! He missed and ended up hitting another player and gave him a black eye in the process.

There was never going to be mutual respect between them anyways, as for not having the 'He is a very good club player but has never done much in the Championship' quote AQMP he's not on his own in that respect, we've had one good championship run in 60+ years

As for the other lads walking out, well again that's up to them, Naomh Gall are not behind this at all, anyone who knows anything about football knows that having lads on the county team can have a positive effect on their club team, due to the standard of training and conditioning that's required

And who was the man at the helm during this period? .....the baker lofl irony of all ironies

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAKER IN!!!!!!!!!!

Muzz

Was CJ not dropped due to him turning up for a game in an unfit state?

The other players walked in support of CJ.

screenexile

Quote from: Muzz on April 18, 2014, 12:08:58 PM

Doesn't seem logical... some lad turns up to a match unfit to play (presumably due to drink) why would you leave in support of said player?

Doesn't make sense.

Whether you like Baker or not he is not the kind of character to put up with that! If CJ had genuine grievances with Baker prior to that I'm pretty sure landing to a match in no fit state to play leaves him the villain of the piece!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on April 18, 2014, 12:18:25 PM
Quote from: Muzz on April 18, 2014, 12:08:58 PM

Doesn't seem logical... some lad turns up to a match unfit to play (presumably due to drink) why would you leave in support of said player?

Doesn't make sense.

Whether you like Baker or not he is not the kind of character to put up with that! If CJ had genuine grievances with Baker prior to that I'm pretty sure landing to a match in no fit state to play leaves him the villain of the piece!
Another player the week before throw his top at Baker and told him to stuff his team, the same player played the following week after not being about all week, strange set of standards don't you think?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ck

This is just shocking stuff altogether lads. All I ever hear in Antrim are McGourtys causing trouble, if it's not one then it's the brother. Spoiled kids throwing dummies out.

As for this Baker Bradley character. He's a laughing stock in Derry and wouldnt be let near a country mile of any county team yet Antrim recruit him twice?!

Having family in Belfast who are big saffron supporters I have a major soft spot for Antrim and think they really could be a football force in Ulster but they are their own worst enemies. Hope common sense can prevail and their suffering supporters can see success soon.

Minder

Was it Bradley that CJ allegedly rang or left derogatory voicemails/txts to a few years ago when he was steaming ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ck

Quote from: hardstation on April 18, 2014, 10:24:15 PM
Quote from: ck on April 18, 2014, 10:17:16 PM
This is just shocking stuff altogether lads. All I ever hear in Antrim are McGourtys causing trouble, if it's not one then it's the brother. Spoiled kids throwing dummies out.

As for this Baker Bradley character. He's a laughing stock in Derry and wouldnt be let near a country mile of any county team yet Antrim recruit him twice?!

Having family in Belfast who are big saffron supporters I have a major soft spot for Antrim and think they really could be a football force in Ulster but they are their own worst enemies. Hope common sense can prevail and their suffering supporters can see success soon.
Without agreeing or disagreeing with you, could you explain that a bit more?

I think you have major advantages that we in Sligo don't have. Population, number of clubs and registered players, rising nationalist population in Belfast, big county with massive room for growth.
These are all usually over shadowed by in fighting. Country verses city. Good people turned off joining county board. Lack of emphasis on strategy and long term vision.