3 players walk from Antrim

Started by The Brick, April 17, 2014, 05:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brick

Three players walk out on Antrim senior football squad

Antrim's preparations for the forthcoming Ulster Senior Football Championship have been hit by the loss of three key players from the squad.
CJ McGourty, Michael Pollock and Chris Kerr, all from dominant Antrim club champions St Gall's, are reported to have quit Liam Bradley's panel.
Antrim endured a poor League Division Four campaign, winning just two games.
They play Fermanagh in an Ulster championship quarter-final on 1 June in Brewster Park.
The Irish News reports that the trio have walked away from the Saffrons panel due to a breakdown in communication with manager Liam Bradley.
McGourty was Antrim's top scorer in Division Four with 26 points from only four starts.
The 2010 All-Ireland club winner's inter county career has been blighted by injuries and he was dropped by Bradley during his first spell in charge in 2009 and was again overlooked in 2012.
The talented corner forward was not part of Frank Dawson's Antrim squad in 2013 but was recalled by Bradley when he took over again at the start of this season.
McGourty's St Gall's team mate Michael Pollock played in all seven League games while Chris Kerr is regarded as the county's number one goalkeeper.

Yet again the McGourtys are never far away from controversy!

AQMP

Currently the subject of some discussion on the Antrim board.  I suspect the rest of the country doesn't give much of a hoot.  In fact part of the problem is most people in Antrim don't give a hoot either!!

glens abu

Quote from: The Brick on April 17, 2014, 05:03:25 PM
Three players walk out on Antrim senior football squad

Antrim's preparations for the forthcoming Ulster Senior Football Championship have been hit by the loss of three key players from the squad.
CJ McGourty, Michael Pollock and Chris Kerr, all from dominant Antrim club champions St Gall's, are reported to have quit Liam Bradley's panel.
Antrim endured a poor League Division Four campaign, winning just two games.
They play Fermanagh in an Ulster championship quarter-final on 1 June in Brewster Park.
The Irish News reports that the trio have walked away from the Saffrons panel due to a breakdown in communication with manager Liam Bradley.
McGourty was Antrim's top scorer in Division Four with 26 points from only four starts.
The 2010 All-Ireland club winner's inter county career has been blighted by injuries and he was dropped by Bradley during his first spell in charge in 2009 and was again overlooked in 2012.
The talented corner forward was not part of Frank Dawson's Antrim squad in 2013 but was recalled by Bradley when he took over again at the start of this season.
McGourty's St Gall's team mate Michael Pollock played in all seven League games while Chris Kerr is regarded as the county's number one goalkeeper.

Yet again the McGourtys are never far away from controversy!

When Paadys big Ego is questioning CJs attitude it is a recipe for disaster.Also the Baker boys have to find somebody to blame for the mess they are making.

Saffrongael

Quote from: AQMP on April 17, 2014, 05:11:06 PM
Currently the subject of some discussion on the Antrim board.  I suspect the rest of the country doesn't give much of a hoot.  In fact part of the problem is most people in Antrim don't give a hoot either!!

Yep
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

BennyCake

No surprise with McGourty. He seems to have a big attitude problem. Every time I see him, I just want to slap him. He just has one of those faces.

mylestheslasher

Get rid of them and move on. Same with Quigleys in Fermanagh. Wastes of space and no good for any team.

J OGorman

The Xbox has a lot to answer for !

orangeman

Antrim were going rightly in the Mc a Kenna cup. They bate Down in Newry in the last round of it. Management must have in dreamland after such a massive scalp. Sadly that was as good as it got.

Wheels have come off ever since. It happens.

rodney trotter

McGourty is a class player, pity he is pissing around and not able to show his talent in the Championship

Jinxy

This has come as quite a shock to me.
I thought the McGourtys already walked ages ago.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AQMP

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 17, 2014, 11:56:41 PM
McGourty is a class player, pity he is pissing around and not able to show his talent in the Championship

He is a very good club player but has never done much in the Championship.

Christmas Lights

Why did the other St Galls players wallk also though?  Why is everyone just mentioning CJ McGourty in this thread?  2 other guys walked as well.  It must be a St Galls thing?  Away in the head with bigness maybe? 

DennistheMenace

I presume because it's always him, 'Why always me'.

AQMP

Quote from: Jinxy on April 18, 2014, 01:13:50 AM
This has come as quite a shock to me.
I thought the McGourtys already walked ages ago.

The path from St Gall's to the county panel and back is due to be resurfaced to make the process quicker.

rodney trotter

Quote from: AQMP on April 18, 2014, 09:33:03 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on April 17, 2014, 11:56:41 PM

He is a very good club player but has never done much in the Championship.

He hasn't really been around to show what he can do . Wasn't involved in 2013. and didn't feature much under Bradley in his first stint due to injuries and a falling out