Quigleys walk out on Fermanagh

Started by The Brick, March 14, 2014, 09:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 08, 2014, 01:41:16 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 08, 2014, 01:38:39 PM
Never understodd the rationale behind the attitude that a player shouldn't be ridiculed if he plays an amateur sport in comparison with the attitude that its fine if he gets paid to play sport.  Its either ok or its not irrelevant of the financial perks.

You don't understand that a person's private life is not food for the media, and if he is an amateur then they have even less right to broadcast it on the front page? If you don't understand that, then there's not much hope for you.

Professional sportsmen's private lives shouldn't be front page new either, but at least in their case it could be said to have a direct bearing on their job. This isn't a job for GAA players, it's a hobby.

My point is that there shouldn't be any differentiation between a paid and non paid sportsman having their private life plastered on the front page of a paper.  My personal view is that nobodies business should be public knowledge via a newspaper, but to say its ok for a Premiership footballer to be tabloid fodder and not ok for a County footballer is pure hypocrisy.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'