THE SUNDAY GAME LIVE FIXTURES 2007

Started by 45GoneShort, April 05, 2007, 12:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneboi

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 05, 2007, 02:14:34 PM
Sure in that case only Tyrone,Armagh,Dublin,Mayo,Kerry,Laois and a few others should enter the championship.

We wouldnt want any of the other shite counties being seen,It might turn people off the GAA according to Tyroneboi.

The GAA of course is all about the Elite teams.

were in my comments did i say that?

BallyhaiseMan

You're complaining that 4 counties who go through the tortures of Inter-county training for 6/7 months of the year like every other county,should not  get their day out in the sun on May 13th on RTE...because the quality might not help the GAA promote their games.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: tyroneboi on April 05, 2007, 01:50:00 PM
what so cavan v down and longford v westmeath will have you on the edge of your seat? cavan v down last year was one of the worst championship games of the year - just saying GAA need to promote their product more.

Could have been worse - they could have showed the Derry v's Tyrone from last year - that was an even worse match!!!!

stpauls

saying as the different provincial championships don't start on the same weekends, RTE don't want to miss out on viewing figures just because they want to wait to show one of the big names as their first match. I am sure if Kerry or Tyrone had been playing on the weekend of the 13th May they would have shown that match. But as it is only the lowly Down Vs Cavan  ;), they don't really have a choice!!!

tyroneboi

Quote from: 45GoneShort on April 05, 2007, 12:43:21 AM

MAY 27
2PM CLARE V CORK
4PM DONEGAL V ARMAGH

i understand and take all your points and i am not suggesting for a second that so called smaller counties dont deserve to be on tv but im just making the point that the GAA and RTE must market their product more. Take the example above - a big hurling match and a big football match. It wouldnt be too hard to arrange for these matches to open the championship for both codes on May 13th. Its just a suggestion like!!

BallyhaiseMan

the problem is Tyroneboi

The Preliminary round in Ulster is always normaly one of the first Football games of the Championship to be shown live.

Theres very rarely any other Intercounty GAA action on that weekend.So its either that game or nothing.

Unless we rig the draw so Armagh/Donegal/Tyrone are always involved,then im afraid we cant really do anything.

armaghniac

I doubt if Micky Harte would be impressed if Tyrone inevitably had to play as the first game just to make it interesting for TV viewers. This would impact on the whole structure of the competition.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armagh4SamAgain

Theyd be better showin a club league match or a camoguie match than Down v Cavan. Both are pure dug.
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Brick Tamlin

Yes your completely correct, pure dug indeed.
dug,dug,dug.

You really do give people more ammo to hate Armagh as if there wasnt enough already.

stpauls

don't worry about him Brick, by the sounds of him he only has just figured out how to work a keyboard over the last few months.

Brick Tamlin

there are a good few Armagh folk on in here that have something worthwhile to say but this guy is a f***in moron if you ask me.
you can only sit by and listen to such drivel until ye just have to reply.

stpauls

don't know if he is doing it deliberately or not, i personally think he is just a kid who puts down the first thing that pops into his head.
Can be very tedious at times, but he does come out with some crackers from time to time. Ballykinler Army Camp and their football squaddies spring to mind.  ::) ::) ::)

Oraisteach

I have to say that I'd be very happy to watch a Cavan vs. Down football match, in spite of AFS's idiocy.  I'd say it'd be a close encounter of the third division kind, but good nevertheless.  It would also bring back memories of my youth when that WAS Ulster football.

stpauls

to be honest, it doesn't matter to me what match opens the summer championship season, its only a pity that we have to wait another month for it to start!!! i am really looking forward to the heat of championship football, played in great weather like what we are having at the minute. will make for a great viewing!!