Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on October 13, 2012, 09:33:33 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 09, 2012, 11:55:29 AM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on October 09, 2012, 11:29:58 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on October 08, 2012, 11:08:11 PM
What players are Cross without? 4 gone to Australia , were they all regulars.. They are 1/2 to win Sunday

That's great odds for them.  They have "drifted" to that.

Evens for Ulster is the best bet.

Crossmaglen evens
Kilcoo 18/1
Slaughtneil 40/1
St Galls 11/4
Errigal Ciaran 20/1
St Michaels 40/1
Pearse Og 13/2
Ballybay 22/1
Mullahoran 50/1
Ballinderry 13/2
Clontibret 33/1
Tempo 66/1
Mayobridge 8/1
Naomh Conaill 33/1

The Derry final between Ballinderry and Slaughtneil will be very tight. I can't see how the two are priced so differently for Ulster. It took two matches for Cross to get the better of Slaughtneil the last time they played and even then it was only by a point. I tried to put a bet on Slaughtneil this evening, but neither PP nor Ladbrokes have any odds available that I can find. And Boylesports don't even mention Slaughtneil in their list of contenders. Are there any bookies on here prepared to take my £20 at 40/1 on Slaughtneil for Ulster?

I'll take it, is this now before the Derry final?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 13, 2012, 09:35:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 09, 2012, 11:55:29 AM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on October 09, 2012, 11:29:58 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on October 08, 2012, 11:08:11 PM
What players are Cross without? 4 gone to Australia , were they all regulars.. They are 1/2 to win Sunday

That's great odds for them.  They have "drifted" to that.

Evens for Ulster is the best bet.

Crossmaglen evens
Kilcoo 18/1
Slaughtneil 40/1
St Galls 11/4
Errigal Ciaran 20/1
St Michaels 40/1
Pearse Og 13/2
Ballybay 22/1
Mullahoran 50/1
Ballinderry 13/2
Clontibret 33/1
Tempo 66/1
Mayobridge 8/1
Naomh Conaill 33/1

The Derry final between Ballinderry and Slaughtneil will be very tight. I can't see how the two are priced so differently for Ulster. It took two matches for Cross to get the better of Slaughtneil the last time they played and even then it was only by a point. I tried to put a bet on Slaughtneil this evening, but neither PP nor Ladbrokes have any odds available that I can find. And Boylesports don't even mention Slaughtneil in their list of contenders. Are there any bookies on here prepared to take my £20 at 40/1 on Slaughtneil for Ulster?

Good man MR2. It's before the Derry final yes. I'll PM you details.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 13, 2012, 09:39:00 PM
Milltown, are you really taking this bet?

Honestly? think about the draw they have, first beat Ballinderry, be a fair even enough game on it's own, then beat the the Tryone champions then the winners of Donegal/Armagh champions, just to get to the final whoever wins thon battle deserves 800 quid
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Would anyone be overly surprised to see Ballinderry win the Ulster title? Would anyone be surprised if Sneil beat Ballinderry? That's my logic. Were St Gall's not big odds when they won their Ulster against Bellaghy?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 13, 2012, 09:46:51 PM
Good luck.....

They are 40/1 for a reason

Do you think they are worth a punt?

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on October 13, 2012, 09:49:45 PM
Would anyone be overly surprised to see Ballinderry win the Ulster title? Would anyone be surprised if Sneil beat Ballinderry? That's my logic. Were St Gall's not big odds when they won their Ulster against Bellaghy?

St Galls were 6/4 not really big odds if truth be told and the last time the played Derry champions The Loup we beat them in the first half? It's not that I don't think they are a decent team just hard draw real hard
Quote from: hardstation on October 13, 2012, 09:51:16 PM
If I were milltown, I'd back away from this but hey, maybe he often sticks £800 on 1/40 shots.
Thats a way to look at HS but could be a free twenty quid after 5 o'clock tomorrow.

Milltown Row2

William Hill are offering 25/1 now so that bet may have to change

They shouldn't be nearly six time the price of Ballinderry. St Gall's were a lot more than 6/4 when the competition started. William Hill is clearly reading this thread.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 13, 2012, 10:06:21 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 13, 2012, 10:00:14 PM
William Hill are offering 25/1 now so that bet may have to change
Sounds like yer balls are starting to drop off, milltown. Can't blame you though. I think that's risky.

My balls are fine thanks, the 40/1 was a price I put up before the Kilrea/Slaughtneil game cousre the price would drop, I've an account with William hill so be fooking stupid not to check. champion has not check all the markets of course, I'd have laid it off anyways at 40/1, only a dick would take it at that price

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 13, 2012, 10:16:25 PM
You already said that you'd take the bet. That means you have now called yourself a dick. I wouldn't say that but I think you are certainly foolish.

Does the bet stand?

I've called myself a dick? He stated he couldn't find the bet? his problem no mine, what dick takes nearly double the odds when its not there? You might not have a flutter, I punt most weeks and would never punt on something without looking into it.

Does the bet stand? you really are a silly boy

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 13, 2012, 10:24:03 PM
Then, only a dick would lay a bet at double the odds.....

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 13, 2012, 09:35:27 PM
Are there any bookies on here prepared to take my £20 at 40/1 on Slaughtneil for Ulster?

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 13, 2012, 10:11:36 PM
only a dick would take it at that price

He was making his own odds up ffs. Do you have that much of a hard on for me to keep this silly thing going? He couldn't find a bookies, didn't look hard enough, then when I checked odds they were nearly half, so the bet changes right away. You get out much?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 13, 2012, 10:36:14 PM
You took the bet before checking the odds, ye eejit.

I get out every now and again, you?

He didn't pm and still hasn't. I get out plenty

I posted, but in truth I was always going to check and lay it off, thats what punters do. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 13, 2012, 10:45:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 13, 2012, 10:42:09 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 13, 2012, 10:36:14 PM
You took the bet before checking the odds, ye eejit.

I get out every now and again, you?

He didn't pm and still hasn't. I get out plenty

I posted, but in truth I was always going to check and lay it off, thats what punters do.
I don't really follow. You were taking a bet at very overpriced odds. Laying it off would have proved difficult, no?

I was taking it, had those odds been right, obviously they weren't, so what's your problem?

manballandall

Lol...dug yourself a wee hole there MR2. Take a bet at 40/1 then lay it off with odds of 20/1...more maths skills lessons needed ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 13, 2012, 10:55:49 PM
I just find it strange that you jumped in and said that you'd take the bet before you went and checked the real odds.

That's like me asking the forum if anyone would let me have £20 on Loughgiel tomorrow at 100/1 and you accepting the bet and then going to the PP website to check it out.

That's just mental.

HS I'd never do it nor would any eejit be doing it at those odds, you are looking a wind up when there is none

Be mental to actually do the bet without checking, this is a forum after all, not a bookies.  I will take the bet at 25/1 which is the proper odds.

Manballandall, can you give me some bookie lessons? I hear Handball is a great sport to win money on :o

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 14, 2012, 12:51:41 AM
Milltown, I am half joking here but you jumped in with both feet and told Champion The Wonder Horse that you would accept his bet. I thought you were off your head and even asked you if you were really taking the bet.

As for betting on handball, I reckon there is money to be made on the world championships if only I could find somebody to give me odds. Would you give me 3/1 on Aisling Reilly to win the ladies open? They are probably fair odds too.

Not that type of handball HS, the other game