Clare GAA in €84m windfall

Started by thejuice, December 21, 2007, 09:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Clare have agreed to sell up their home grounds in exchange for €84million and a new home ground being developed. So what should a county board do with that kind of moola in the coffers. they should buy all the county players Ferrrari's  :P
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

heineken_on_tap

You must be kidding -  €84million........seriously??! Thats savage money altogether, Clare lads wont want any grants ;)

MaroonAndWhite

We'll throw them an extra few bob if they take Loughnane back   :D

orangeman

There'll be plenty of money available now - you could go out and buy Henry Shefflin for that money !  ;D

the Deel Rover

No need for fundraising in Clare any more, the lads will be having caviar after every training session ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

orangeman

muppet

Quote from: orangeman on January 05, 2008, 02:45:55 PM
Who is Caviar ? ;) :D ;D

Its what we in Mayo call a pass from Ciarán McDonald. Unfortunately some of his teamates seem allergic to caviar.
MWWSI 2017

tayto

Whats the deal with Ciarán anyway? Has he retired?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: tayto on January 08, 2008, 06:30:12 PM
Whats the deal with Ciarán anyway? Has he retired?

i don't think we will see him in the green and red again tayto :( unless of course it's the over 40's
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

tayto

Shame, great player to watch as a neutral.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: tayto on January 09, 2008, 11:38:37 AM
Shame, great player to watch as a neutral.

Yeah the Dublin supporters have a lot of time for the man, i remember before the Ai semi final and i was chatting to a few of them and they said that the player they most enjoyed watching play but most feared was Ciaran Mc
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

tayto

Well THAT point was a killer ... as sweet a point as you'll see.

Of course a loose defence like Dulbin will always give a player like him time to do his thing, not sure he was as effective against the likes of Tyrone.

Still a great player to watch, his foot passing when on form was worth the entrance fee alone the championship is a little less colourful without him.

Here's hoping the Clare GAA are making the right decision, I'm fairly wary of moving out of town centres and building huge stadia that are seldom full but hopefully they know what they're at.

orangeman

Could Clare not put Mc Donald on a 3 year contract and keep him in the limelight ?