Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 15, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stradism

Love coming on here after to we win to read a few somewhat positive posts!
Not a perfect performance by any stretch, but the passion and desire was pleasing in the 2nd half.

Heres my ratings for the game. First time posting so dont be too critical!

Brody:    10
Everything he done was inch perfect so why not!

Strong:   6.5
He's a versatile player that can just about play anywhere on the pitch, but he's just not a good man marker. Was very good when he was on the ball out the field.

Booth:    7.5
Still concedes the odd soft free. But was commanding and sharp again.

Kelly:      6.5
Found it hard on a cute corner forward.

Buggie:    6
Kicked a good point. Improving and gaining confidence, but physically a little behind still.

McMahon: 7.5
A typical McMahon performance we've been used to from down through the years.

Begley:     7
Solid and commanding, but found it tricky to man mark that very decent centre forward in the first half. Where will we see him play when the injured players return?

JOL:         6.5 (by his standards)
Worked hard. Possibly not 100% back to his full fitness yet.

Meaney:    6
Dispossessed too many times, concedes too many silly fouls. Due our ridiculously short knockouts, he is really underused

A Farrell:   7.5
Sprung into life in the 2nd half and kicked a wonderful score.

Conway:   8
This man just has an incredible will to win every ball. Seriously well taken goal.

Donoher:   7
Put in a good shift, was a big loss when he was sent off IMO.

P.Kingston 5
Just couldn't get into the game. In future, would he be better off starting out at 11 and then moved inside?

O' Carroll   8
He has become a great target man as his movement inside has drastically improved. He makes all the right runs and is as good as a ball winner as Kingston. Unfortunately, another player with a discipline issue.

D.Kingston 9
Different class. In hindsight the difference between the two teams.

Tony

Nice first post Stradism and welcome to the forum

Don Draper

Quote from: Giovanni on March 27, 2017, 01:26:55 PM
If the large counties were having lads sent off for the likes of that, there'd be uproar (and no-one would be going to the matches).

Anyway, I certainly hope that they don't try to limit too much the edge that's in Evan's game. I remain of the opinion that his sending off was very harsh indeed. Indeed, I would say that at least 50% of the yellow cards issued during the match were very harsh indeed (and some made no sense whatsoever). How they pass muster with officials, I do not know.

Speaking of officials, I happened to be sitting quite close to several of the members of the Country Board. At half time, 2 points down, they all disappeared for sandwiches and didn't seem to be in the least bit concerned about what was happening on the pitch. I don't know the work of the county board very well (I'm living in Galway) but I was surprised how unconcerned they seemed to be at the real prospect that we would be in Division 4 in half an hour.
Not to stand up for the CB here, but are you begrudging a man a sandwich here? Given than many of them would have been there in some official capacity for about 3 hours or so at that stage?

SCFC

I see we're in a double header next Sunday. €20 to watch our game. Personally I've no interest in staying to watch Tipp massacre Offaly in hurling.

redsetanta

It annoys me when that happens. The costs are reduced significantly having both games on at the same venue anyhow. If the reduced priced tickets are available beforehand it might not be too bad. It would normally be €15 on the day anyhow so if you arrive with a Laois jersey you should only have to pay €15.
Sure any 'dual' Laois supporters will already have paid €15 on Saturday evening so that's a combined €35 payout for the two games at that rate!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

town1980

i dont agree with the ratings as happy as i am that we won the game was just terrible,,kimgston is the only footballer that would grace the top teams in my mind,,offaly would never be a problem and now it is,,,again i hope we win but i just dont no,,they would be absolutely delighted to send us down revenge is a long time comming for them

Tony

So the players are not there as you say or it's all Creedons fault? Which one is it today town1980?

Regarding #SandwichGate, I'm with Don on this one. Surely they're allowed a hang sandwich. And what do you want them to do because we were 2 points down Giovanni? Cry? Just like you were doing?

ollie12

Sur maybe they should have went in and gave the half time team talk or maybe tog out and put their shoulder to the wheel.
Such nonsense, giving out about a few lads having a sandwich at half time. That really shows how unconcerned they are about laois football.

Giovanni

Generally speaking I'm finding this forum to be only slightly less juvenile than Hoganstand.

Based on what I saw on Saturday night, there isn't much evidence that the County Board is very perturbed about the decline in our fortunes. I prefaced these comments by pointing out that I don't know the work that they do very well. However, if the general consensus amongst Don and Tony, who clearly know much more about this (and everything else) than I do, is that they're doing a fine job, then who am I to argue?

I can understand why High Fielder and a few other sensible posters don't appear too often.......

Don Draper

Quote from: Giovanni on March 27, 2017, 10:10:13 PM
Generally speaking I'm finding this forum to be only slightly less juvenile than Hoganstand.

Based on what I saw on Saturday night, there isn't much evidence that the County Board is very perturbed about the decline in our fortunes. I prefaced these comments by pointing out that I don't know the work that they do very well. However, if the general consensus amongst Don and Tony, who clearly know much more about this (and everything else) than I do, is that they're doing a fine job, then who am I to argue?

I can understand why High Fielder and a few other sensible posters don't appear too often.......
Point out where I have ever said that about the CB please. I simply stated you couldn't begrudge a man working for a few hours a sandwich and a cup of tea, regardless of the issues with the county. I'd f**k half them out in the morning, but I'd at least let them have a sandwich.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Tony

Quote from: Don Draper on March 27, 2017, 11:01:27 PM
Quote from: Giovanni on March 27, 2017, 10:10:13 PM

Point out where I have ever said that about the CB please. I simply stated you couldn't begrudge a man working for a few hours a sandwich and a cup of tea, regardless of the issues with the county. I'd f**k half them out in the morning, but I'd at least let them have a sandwich.
Exactly. You're being a bit shnakey there Giovanni. We all know CB leave a lot to be desired. That doesn't mean I want them to starve at half time for their sins. Now let's go back to posting about things that actually matter.

PS lads my neighbours dog died yesterday. But I saw him having toast and tea this morning. It's like he doesn't care at all. He ought to starve.

ILikeStrawberryJam

Think you got those rating pretty on the money stradism ..

I keep waiting for P Kingston to have an influence on a game but it never seems to happen

Though Booth was good again in defence .. him and timmons would be a good fb line come championship

Buggie played well too .. got a cracking point

Need a bit more movement between donie, evan and conway to keep defenders guessing

If our heads are 100% right we'll beat Offaly .. if they're not we won't

BallyroanAbu

There is not a chance of any of the fellas on County Board starving,  even I can't whinge about the sandwich's they are prob in O Moore Pk a couple of hours before the game.  However I agree with they don't seem overly worried about the long term decline in football and hurling within the county.

Tony

The thing about Booth is, winter seems to suit him. Come summer, his performances generally haven't come up to his league standard. It's as if the softer ground suits his style better. I hope to be wrong as we really need the numbers in fb line. I hear timmons should be back by may. Fantastic player, I wish him a speedy recovery & hopefully he'll be his solid and consistent self.