All Ireland U20 football championship 2024

Started by Blowitupref, April 27, 2023, 06:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: Rudi on May 13, 2023, 01:53:55 PM
Looked like a foot block, peno not given.
Ref was playing advantage. Often happens when a second foul happens that the ref goes back to the first foul.  Not 100% sure it was in the box but looked a clear enough foot block alright.

Kildare the better team overall. Often they have gone from defence to attack with two big kicks. Sligo could do with a goal, which would get them right back in it.

Walter Cronc

Is it me or do Kildare always produce the same type of player? Very athletic and powerful but games smarts maybe a bit off at times. Is this why they struggle at senior level?

Captain Obvious

Looking like Kildare are going to go one better than last year and of course they beat Sligo on route to the All Ireland final last year and handful of todays players won the Hogan cup with Naas.

Blowitupref

13 minutes into the 2nd half.  Sligo much improved 0-10 to 0-7

51 minutes played.  Kildare 0-13 Sligo 0-11

Poor kick out ends Sligo challenge/come back 1-14 to 0-11

Kildare 1-15 Sligo 0-12  five minutes of added time.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rudi

JoG2

Quote from: Rudi on May 13, 2023, 02:46:45 PM
Sligo goalkeeper having a rough time.

A minute he'll never forget, that's the way it goes sometimes

Blowitupref

FT Kildare 1-17 Sligo 0-12.  Well done to Kildare, that's their 2nd U20 All Ireland title won since it became U20 in 2018.  As for Sligo 10 if not more of today's starting team are U20 again next year and should be the team to beat in Connacht.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Cunny Funt

Best team won but it was a one score game before Sligo gifted that goal to Kildare. Feel sorry for young Ethan Carden in goal, never nice to see especially in All Ireland final.  Congrats to Kildare, last years AI final disappointment distant memory now and with the players they have coming through they have no excuse not to be established Div 1 senior team in the years ahead.

mup

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 13, 2023, 02:05:33 PM
Is it me or do Kildare always produce the same type of player? Very athletic and powerful but games smarts maybe a bit off at times. Is this why they struggle at senior level?

Its just you.

Hound

Quote from: mup on May 13, 2023, 07:53:55 PM

Its just you.
Well said mup. Kildare senior team is jam packed with players who are good decision makers and give 100% in every single game. They never lie down. When the pressure is on, they stand up. Always.

mup

Quote from: Hound on May 13, 2023, 08:44:33 PM

Its just you.
Well said mup. Kildare senior team is jam packed with players who are good decision makers and give 100% in every single game. They never lie down. When the pressure is on, they stand up. Always.

Nothing like a bitter Dub. Love it. Reservoir Dubs would welcome your contribution.

Hound

Quote from: mup on May 13, 2023, 08:50:18 PM

Its just you.

Nothing like a bitter Dub. Love it. Reservoir Dubs would welcome your contribution.
That's hilarious from the bitterest man on the board!  Fantastic! 

You may have missed it, given your oh so salty imposition, but while most people were hoping for a Sligo win (understandably given their underdog status), I stated i was hoping the best team won (which I expected to be Kildare) and that they did.

I stated earlier on this thread that this was the best Dublin U20 team in years in terms of the number of lads who will progress to Dublin seniors,  and I stand by that. Kildare deservedly beat Dublin, I don't think any other team would have.
But Kildare have been matching the Dubs at underage for the last 20 years,, but at senior they continue to lack something.

The Newbridge or Nowhere game was such a great potential learning experience for Kildare. Every man gave everything he had for 70 minutes, and they beat one of the genuine AI contenders. But I don't think Kildare learned as much from that game as they should have.
That was the main reason Micko was so good for a Kildare. No man would dare leave the field having not given absolutely everything he had.

mup

Its good to let it all out. Even after all your success.

Hound

Quote from: mup on May 13, 2023, 09:22:05 PM
Its good to let it all out. Even after all your success.
Says the man who's team won an All Ireland title and yet his only posts were to try and disparage other posters 😁😁😁

seafoid

Quote from: Hound on May 13, 2023, 09:09:26 PM
Quote from: mup on May 13, 2023, 08:50:18 PM

Its just you.

That's hilarious from the bitterest man on the board!  Fantastic! 

You may have missed it, given your oh so salty imposition, but while most people were hoping for a Sligo win (understandably given their underdog status), I stated i was hoping the best team won (which I expected to be Kildare) and that they did.

I stated earlier on this thread that this was the best Dublin U20 team in years in terms of the number of lads who will progress to Dublin seniors,  and I stand by that. Kildare deservedly beat Dublin, I don't think any other team would have.
But Kildare have been matching the Dubs at underage for the last 20 years,, but at senior they continue to lack something.

The Newbridge or Nowhere game was such a great potential learning experience for Kildare. Every man gave everything he had for 70 minutes, and they beat one of the genuine AI contenders. But I don't think Kildare learned as much from that game as they should have.
That was the main reason Micko was so good for a Kildare. No man would dare leave the field having not given absolutely everything he had.
Population . Dublin's population was weaponised after Laois and Westmeath won Leinster.