Laois ACFL Division 2

Started by SCFC, March 23, 2015, 10:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

A few results from the opening round;

Ballyfin 0-6  Annanough 3-13
Clonaslee St Manmans 1-6 Ballylinan 1-7
The Rock 0-5 Ballyroan Abbey 3-13

Don't know what's gone wrong with The Rock but they are really going very poorly these times.

Unlaoised

Couple of hammerings there...Ballyfin always start really slow in both codes nearly every year??

The Rock have lost so many players through retirement in the last 5-6 years there is just not the talent there to replace them
LAOIS ABÚ

SCFC

Ballyroan Abbey   3-16 St Joseph's 1-6
Portlaoise   1-5 Park Ratheniska 2-8
Ballylinan 2-21 Ballyfin 0-6
O'Dempseys 3-16 Timahoe 1-14

BallyroanAbu

Graiguecullen are after conceding all their games in this division, so expect a strong showing in lower down divisions.

SCFC

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on April 08, 2015, 09:34:43 AM
Graiguecullen are after conceding all their games in this division, so expect a strong showing in lower down divisions.

They'll walk Division 4!! ;)

BallyroanAbu

BallyroanAbbey &  Timahoe played out a draw last night in front of a big crowd.  Both sides will feel like they should have won it.  I presume Timahoe, will feel happier they were missing 3 County boys and we were down Tierney and Kearns.  0-9 0-9 was the score.  O Dempseys look well and truly the big guns in this division.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Is Tierney playing any football this year..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Heshs Umpire

No idea but apparently Padraig Clancy is not.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

SCFC

O'Dempseys strolling this league. Hammered Annanough last night. Not the best preparation for the championship for them though.

BallyroanAbu

Tierney is playing this year also McMahon.  O Dempsey's are walking this division in fairness they are a decent outfit who should be in Division 1.  Won't do them any harm being in Div 2, Ballyroan won the county in 06 from Div 2.

SCFC

Big surprise the other night with Ballyfin beating Ballyroan Abbey. Could be a turning point in Ballyfin's season?
Clonaslee seem to be struggling - beaten by Joseph's second string this week.

BallyroanAbu

Might be.  Ballyroan prob should have won but Ballyfin are going to improve alot.  I suppose I am stating the obvious Sean Moore is the key to their sucess.  First time they have had most of their players back I did rate them last year so hopefully they are ready to go now.

Unlaoised

Massive shock Ballyfin beating Ballyroan but Ballyfin are a different team with Finn...Cannot understand how he isn't getting more of a chance with the county he was superb
LAOIS ABÚ

SCFC

I agree. I think he should be closer to the team. Wasn't even used down in Carlow.

Hospital Pass

Strange to go from a started last year to outside the 20 used against carlow alright. surely should have been used from the bench instead of sheehan.
Annanough look to be going well. they look to be well placed to challenging timahoe in the Intermediate.