Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queenie

Quote from: hatchetfield on September 08, 2009, 10:12:51 PM
Queenie, to be honest mate i don't have to energy o discuss anything wih someone with your attitude and typical St johns snobbery!  Trust m, we've some good men up in GNM - not enough but some good men who know their shit.  I think the problem around parochial crap and negative attitudes lies very close to the homes of people like yourself. 

Going against better judgement, i feel i need to clarify a point to you, which will be my last because you stike me as a bit of a d ickhead - my point around the strategic plan wasn't intented to teach anyone how to suck eggs - it was my opinion on what needs to happen and if you ad have read my posts a bt more clearly, you would see that i wrote something along the lines of them being meaningless unless actioned!!

Maybe your own club should concentrate on its encircling community in which you play no part whatsoever. That's what we do and we're very proud of it.

Well friend , you are entitled to your opinion!  How do you deduce that Noamh Eoin  or I  play no part in our local community.  I think it's worth rememebering chum, St. Johns was long in existence before  GNM was even thought of.  I did read your contribution and whilst I did feel there was some merit in it, I do however feel it resembles a lot of the old SF rehetoric.  Maybe you are being infiltrated by the Shinners at the 'Top of the Rock' too much and dont readily realise it.

What our county needs is radical change, a real, meaningful, workable and realistice strategy.  It needs finances and appropriate human resources who are porepared to lead, challenge and change the current staus quo.

It needs good, committed people, missionarys, not mercenaries, who will elad from the front without any underlying political or self serving club agendas.  Our you one of these people?  Are you prepared to lead from the front and challenge?  You and the likes of you can sit here and talk all day.  Lambast, ridicule and condem all you want. Your views and opinions on the GAA Board will count for nothing.  I for one am prepapred for strategic and radical change and willing to do something about it!  Can you say the same?
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!

theskull1

Not much chance of you seeing any failings regarding that attitude and demeanour of yours there Queenie?

Do you really think you come across as a missionary?

Some advice. You need a radical change in your own attitude towards what are genuine Gaels before you do anything else to help the game. But it would appear your too blind to see that
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

I think Queenie has achieved his aim coming on to the board so think best just to leave him to it.

What the story for the weekends semi final then? I have been hearing that JC might be lining out for the shams anyone confirm this?
What are the rest of the mind games being played up there, not much love lost between these two sides.

Will cushendall have a game plan for LW or will they just go man for man as usual. It is a intriguing game from a few different angles, pity it has been taken down to Ballycastle I always feel there is a lack of atmoshere at their new pitches.

IMO Cushendall by 5

Guillem2

When will the teams be named?
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

NAG1

Id imagine in Loughgiels case they wont name a team to just before the game.

Cant see Cishendall's team changing much.

Minder

Paddy Power

Loughgile 8/11
Cushendall 6/5  :o

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ha ha derry

forget about that auld senior stuff. our young boys (kevin lynch,s) play ballycastle tonight at dunloy u-12 league final. thanks to the antrim board for letting us in.

theskull1

Don't expect an invite next year if youse win it  ;)

All the best..thats a handy young side youse have
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Queenie

Quote from: hatchetfield on September 09, 2009, 10:19:40 PM
You are so negatve that you can't even see that we agree on most of this.  Shinners and all that crap?? ???  I must  send you a map of the Murph and the 'Top of the Rock' so you St Johns men know where it is.  We were here before you???  How juvenile can you be?  The whole of Belfast knows that you play no direct part in the Whiterock/Ballymurphy area, in fact you abandoned the Murph!

Anyway, i do play my part in my club and in my community and am proud of it and will certainly not be answering to walt like you.  Honestly mate you're not worth the effort from here on in.

Ah you talking the greatest load of oul bolls!  Dint even suggest for 1 second that I would agree with you or your likes.  Sure you GNM people tend to encroach in all patches trying to get people to play for ya.  Sure many a good person from the Turf and surrounding areas would rather come to St. Johns and other clubs in Belfast rather than join GNM.  You GNM people just like the shinners have conned the people in that part of west Belfast.  You are now starting to latch on to all that is good in the GAA by trying to establish some sort of credibility in the Turf/Rock etc.  The sooner you stop trying to live of the backs of the young, vulnerable  and downtrodden people of Turf/Murph/Rock, the better. 

St. Johns have offered great opportunity to young people and the community as a whole in these areas before you were even born.

You're beginning to sound like a Casement Park Administrator.  Well, we have our man JM in a strong position for elevation at this years county convention, I really cant wait for it to come around.  When our man JM ousts the Doc, St Johns will be on the ascendancy again!  GNM and other clubs will fade into insignificance again.

You're very fond of the name calling by the way.  Thats a really positive contribution you make to the betterment of the GAA, isn't it!  Catch yourself on, Amadan!

Queenie

Quote from: theskull1 on September 09, 2009, 11:40:15 PM
Not much chance of you seeing any failings regarding that attitude and demeanour of yours there Queenie?

Do you really think you come across as a missionary?

Some advice. You need a radical change in your own attitude towards what are genuine Gaels before you do anything else to help the game. But it would appear your too blind to see that

So Skull, in your opinion I have failings, an attitude and portray a negative demeanour?  This is what I said :

"It needs good, committed people, missionary's, not mercenaries, who will lead from the front without any underlying political or self serving club agendas.  Our you one of these people?  Are you prepared to lead from the front and challenge?  You and the likes of you can sit here and talk all day.  Lambast, ridicule and condem all you want. Your views and opinions on the GAA Board will count for nothing.  I for one am prepared for strategic and radical change and willing to do something about it!!  Can you say the same?

Are you a missionary?  Are you prepared to change and be less self serving in terms of Dunloy?  Are you prepared to put your shoulder to the wheel and embrace radical change relating to hurling development in this county?  Of that I am not sure.  You appear to be a guy who is very self opinionated, yet refuses to see the validity in others contributions regrading hurling development.  Seems it has to be your way or no way!

When all is said and done, everyone who contributes to the Antrim hurling debate on the GAA Board as far as I can see, are making no significant contribution to the improvement and sustainability of hurling in our county.

It is easy to see why WUMs and the likes come on here to challenge what is being said by the key/guarded contributors.  Do you guys really feel your rhetoric/dialogue is making the slightest bit of difference for the advancement of Antrim hurling?  I for one don't think so at all.

It's all idle talk you are engaged in! Why is that you feel you need to challenge if a contributor is a missionary?  Are you a missionary?  Is you role/contribution in Dunloy the only thing that matters?  Come on, I am curious about your constant challenges to contributors on the Antrim forum. What is it that makes your views so much more important than others who contribute here?

ha ha derry

does any one know who the ref was at the kevin lynch v ballycastle u-12  game last nite at dunloy. he was a baldy man. perfect reffing. does he do senior ?

twotwocharlie

good morning
just on your thread to ask if anyone has a spare ticket or two for the All Ireland

we have followed the minors all year and now that the big one has arrived we have nothing.

i would be very gratefull for any help.

you can contact by PM

many thanks

armagh supporter

Queenie

Quote from: ha ha derry on September 12, 2009, 07:44:36 AM
does any one know who the ref was at the kevin lynch v ballycastle u-12  game last nite at dunloy. he was a baldy man. perfect reffing. does he do senior ?

I think it was Owen Elliott.

Queenie

Off to Ballycastle tomorrow to watch Loughgeil v the Dall.  I really do have a good feeling about Loughgeil, dont know why,but just do.  I would love to see them win so they get a good crack at Dunloy in the Final.

Last Man

Aha Queenie, your hand declared at last, you sledge the feic out of everyone on here but now you've morphed into a hurling evangelist. Not sure you could be a leader of hurling men though.