iPod & iTunes help

Started by Over the Bar, January 31, 2007, 11:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Don Johnson on October 20, 2011, 12:47:42 PM
Yeah it is a silver 160gb Classic. Only had it for a couple of months before I spilt water on it one night, I ws drunk and spilt a pint of water on the floor and didn't notice until the morning my iPod was lying there beside it.

Yea, eh water.
MWWSI 2017

J OGorman

Quote from: Don Johnson on October 20, 2011, 09:06:51 AM
Finally ordered myself a new iPod Classic there last night after going so long without one. Got a Nano ordered as well for when I am on the go.

Anyway, is there anything I can do with my old water damaged one? Seems a waste just binning it, is it totally useless? I have tried all the usual methods, leeaving it in the hot press for ages, even when it has dried out it still doesn't turn on at all.

Don, re the iPod classic..i had one were the swivel bit stopped working, thing was brusted. Being of country stock, I took a flat-head screwdriver to trying to open it, made a right mess of it. I phoned Apple and bought a one year apple care protection plan. A few days later a courier called to collect my battered iPod and a replacement arrived within the week, gleaming...would be worth the £40 if its a 160GB classic

supersub

Don't know if it has been asked before don't have time to trawl through, but I am looking to transfer the songs from my ipod nano to my (new) laptop, don't have the old itunes library/laptop.

Does anyone have the/a programme to do this? Basically ripping the songs off your ipod back to computer.

Main Street

You actually don't need extra software.
I presume you use  Windows OS

laziness  goes with the territory  :)

The music files are in a hidden folder called ipod_control directory
but are easily revealed,

read from  half way down
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/copying-music-from-ipod-to-computer/P1/

the chapter on The Brute-Force Approach—Copying your Media Back Manually

Once you locate the folder on the iPod disk,  just simply drop the music folders back into iTunes application- music library. And all tagging info will be preserved as the music files come back to life.

supersub

Cheers was readin up on that earlier this afternoon but wasn't that confident I could do it without corrupting the ipod! But think I will give it a go!1

bennydorano

Quote from: supersub on December 13, 2011, 01:43:04 PM
Don't know if it has been asked before don't have time to trawl through, but I am looking to transfer the songs from my ipod nano to my (new) laptop, don't have the old itunes library/laptop.

Does anyone have the/a programme to do this? Basically ripping the songs off your ipod back to computer.
Sounds like a job for itunes liberator

muppet

Quote from: Main Street on December 13, 2011, 04:19:05 PM
You actually don't need extra software.
I presume you use  Windows OS

laziness  goes with the territory  :)

The music files are in a hidden folder called ipod_control directory
but are easily revealed,

read from  half way down
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/copying-music-from-ipod-to-computer/P1/

the chapter on The Brute-Force Approach—Copying your Media Back Manually

Once you locate the folder on the iPod disk,  just simply drop the music folders back into iTunes application- music library. And all tagging info will be preserved as the music files come back to life.

Good man.

Signed up yesterday for the 30 day FREE trial with Senuti and it is practically idiot proof. Excellent piece of software.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

iTunes have a free App for Christmas which will give free songs, books and Apps every day from 26th Dec to the 6th Jan. And this is supposed to be all FREE.
MWWSI 2017

Minder

Quote from: muppet on December 16, 2011, 07:13:29 PM
iTunes have a free App for Christmas which will give free songs, books and Apps every day from 26th Dec to the 6th Jan. And this is supposed to be all FREE.

They have been doing it for a few years and it is mostly gash, but there is usually the odd decent thing in it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

supersub

Had it last year, some poor apps and a few duran duran and kylie songs... But xmas special of Father Ted was a highlight on the other hand!

Milltown Row2

Ok not great at this type of thing, I have just got a ipod shuffle and I'm trying to get it working, it's told me to download the latest itunes. Have tried unsuccessfully now and starting to get pissed off, keeps getting to a point and then says I've to repair or remove itunes, i pick repair as my kids have it on already (don't think it's been updated in a while) and I don't know if tehy will lose stuff if i remove it? I need to snyc my suffle before I can listen to music.

I manage to get to another point and it says the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

Click OK to try again or enteran alternate path to a folder containing the intillation package itunes64.msi in the box below

use source: which is a c:users/ thingy and a tab with browse beside it!! Whats best thing to do
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 27, 2012, 08:27:39 PM
I need to snyc my suffle before I can listen to music.

Kinky bastard.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on December 27, 2012, 08:31:54 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 27, 2012, 08:27:39 PM
I need to snyc my suffle before I can listen to music.

Kinky b**tard.

My shuffle ipod!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theticklemister

ha ha good thread.

Can anyone help with this - itunes recognises my ipod, but 'my computer' does not; therefore i can't take the tunes off my itouch to put onto my new laptop computer. was through the internet all day yesterday but here are some weirdos on youtube who just talk shite. i think maybe only a GAA man can help here.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theticklemister on December 27, 2012, 08:38:27 PM
ha ha good thread.

Can anyone help with this - itunes recognises my ipod, but 'my computer' does not; therefore i can't take the tunes off my itouch to put onto my new laptop computer. was through the internet all day yesterday but here are some weirdos on youtube who just talk shite. i think maybe only a GAA man can help here.

Fcuk off, I asked first!!