Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilySavage

Dennis Hogan robbed of a World title in Mexico overnight. Tough one to take for the former Twomilehouse footballer. Hopefully he gets a rematch and the payday he is owed.

lurganblue

Crolla was mandatory so of course he was going to take the fight but it was a mismatch from the outset. Hopefully Mikey Garcia comes back down and gets the fight made with Loma now.

BennyHarp

Looks like thon big fool Baby Miller has failed a drugs test. The guy should never have been given a shot at the titles. Hopefully Joshua May be forced to fight someone like Ortiz now as options will be minimal and surely they can pick a really low ranker to replace.
That was never a square ball!!

oakleaflad

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 17, 2019, 10:28:31 AM
Looks like thon big fool Baby Miller has failed a drugs test. The guy should never have been given a shot at the titles. Hopefully Joshua May be forced to fight someone like Ortiz now as options will be minimal and surely they can pick a really low ranker to replace.
The irony

nrico2006

Quote from: oakleaflad on April 17, 2019, 10:36:34 AM
The irony
I know, how many drug tests has Ortiz failed at this stage?  Was looking forward to this fight too, was hoping to see Miller flattened. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyHarp

The irony

>:( i know, It's ridiculous. But Hearn is going to be under pressure to deliver a half decent name and I don't think they'd waste the Whyte fight as it will probably fill Wembley.
That was never a square ball!!

screenexile

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 17, 2019, 05:56:49 PM
The irony

>:( i know, It's ridiculous. But Hearn is going to be under pressure to deliver a half decent name and I don't think they'd waste the Whyte fight as it will probably fill Wembley.

Joshua needs a decent fight and soon as he's been well overtaken by Fury and Wilder. What the f**k do they hope to achieve with this fat f**k he's fighting now??

The Klitschko fight was a long time ago and many Americans have forgotten about it. He needs a big fight to get back into the conversation!!

nrico2006

Quote from: screenexile on April 30, 2019, 06:21:01 PM
The irony

Joshua needs a decent fight and soon as he's been well overtaken by Fury and Wilder. What the f**k do they hope to achieve with this fat f**k he's fighting now??

The Klitschko fight was a long time ago and many Americans have forgotten about it. He needs a big fight to get back into the conversation!!

Joshua, irrelevant of a bit of fan feeling, still has 3 of the 4 belts and has hardly put a foot wrong.  In a way, he is running out of opponents as he has dealt with the majority of the contenders.  Ruiz Jr is actually a decent fighter but he looks terrible.  At the end of the day, he wasn't who they chose for Joshua to fight on his US debut but due to circumstances outside of their control, they have had to pick a late replacement and you are down to slim pickings when that happens.

Always been a Fury fan but I he is going the wrong way already fighting a bum for his next fight.  Doing get this 'building his profile' craic, his profile will never be as high as it is now and this fight will not generate anywhere near the headlines or excitement that Wilder 1 or a potential Wilder 2 would have.  When you look at Fury and Wilders next opponents, they are no better than Andy Ruiz Jr to be honest and are hardly setting the world alight with excitement or anticipation.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Taylor

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 01, 2019, 08:17:49 AM
Quote from: screenexile on April 30, 2019, 06:21:01 PM
The irony

Joshua, irrelevant of a bit of fan feeling, still has 3 of the 4 belts and has hardly put a foot wrong.  In a way, he is running out of opponents as he has dealt with the majority of the contenders.  Ruiz Jr is actually a decent fighter but he looks terrible.  At the end of the day, he wasn't who they chose for Joshua to fight on his US debut but due to circumstances outside of their control, they have had to pick a late replacement and you are down to slim pickings when that happens.

Always been a Fury fan but I he is going the wrong way already fighting a bum for his next fight.  Doing get this 'building his profile' craic, his profile will never be as high as it is now and this fight will not generate anywhere near the headlines or excitement that Wilder 1 or a potential Wilder 2 would have.  When you look at Fury and Wilders next opponents, they are no better than Andy Ruiz Jr to be honest and are hardly setting the world alight with excitement or anticipation.

In the last 2 years AJ has fought Takam, Parker, Povetkin and now possible Ruiz. That says it all.
AJ's team know that if he fights a big name (Fury/Wilder) and is beat the cash cow comes to a shuddering halt.

Fury and Wilder are the two big names in HW now simply because they fought each other.

The sooner fans & media start losing interest in AJ the better as it will mean he will have to take the big fights

GetOverTheBar

Looks like Groves and Froch are posturing on twitter that the 3rd fight is going to happen....

bennydorano

Watched Canelo v Jacobs there this morning, decent fight, Canelo worked harder, Jacobs trying to be too cagey but he landed a couple of bombs, more urgency and he could have taken him.

GGG V Canelo again now with Jacobs waiting for the winner? Quality Division, Jacobs still has plenty to offer.

Sky commentators still gobshites.

nrico2006

Quote from: bennydorano on May 05, 2019, 11:05:51 AM
Watched Canelo v Jacobs there this morning, decent fight, Canelo worked harder, Jacobs trying to be too cagey but he landed a couple of bombs, more urgency and he could have taken him.

GGG V Canelo again now with Jacobs waiting for the winner? Quality Division, Jacobs still has plenty to offer.

Sky commentators still gobshites.

Division is looking lively, with one of the Charlo twins in there with Andrade too. Shocked to see the latest IBF rankings though, they have GGG at 7 or 8 - disgrace. Didn't expect Jacobs to make the morning weigh-in, he did the same against GGG.

imtommygunn

Anyone following what is going on in Olympic boxing? Just read that the governing body have been suspended (Aiba). Dunno how that will impact the olympics though apparently it will still be at the olympics.

nrico2006

About time something was done to sort that sport out.  Just got reminded yesterday of what a farce amateur boxing has become when I saw Callum Smiths next opponent, Hassan Ndam Njikam.  I had clean forgot about him and other professionals being allowed to compete at the Rio Olympics.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 23, 2019, 08:02:30 AM
About time something was done to sort that sport out.  Just got reminded yesterday of what a farce amateur boxing has become when I saw Callum Smiths next opponent, Hassan Ndam Njikam.  I had clean forgot about him and other professionals being allowed to compete at the Rio Olympics.

Funny I've no issue with professionals being allowed to compete, I mean they are pretty much all professionals anyway aren't they with regards to full time training / various levels of funding.

It's the judges that need rooted out. Horrible, horrible decisions games after games that cost people massively.