Derry
Fermanagh
Longford
Offaly
Sligo
Westmeath
Wexford

Wildweasel74

I think they played 1 hurling game and 1 football game in 3 months! Hardly burn out as county teama been training past 2 months at least! Why they were selected on the original panel beats me

JoG2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 06, 2018, 07:58:31 PM
I think they played 1 hurling game and 1 football game in 3 months! Hardly burn out as county teama been training past 2 months at least! Why they were selected on the original panel beats me

Christ but you are the ultimate hurler on the ditch. These boys have been going flat out for a long time. You ever start a season in November and keep her lit until the following september? It's a fair old stint. Now put yourself in the Slaughtneil men's shoes.   Training session after training session, mentally preparing for the big games. Imagine going at it for pretty much 4 odd years, training right through the winter once you've negotiated your own county championship. You then prepare flat out for the best teams in the other counties, then provincial, then  back to club and round and round we go, and many of them going at it in 2 codes!  A few weeks rest is what these boys need, whether it's their decision or Mackers. Flogging the shite out of them isn't what they need.

magpie seanie

Never mind the emotional crushing blow that the defeat(s) bring.

illdecide

Squeaky bum time now in the Division, looking forward to Armagh v Derry game on Sat. Games will be a lot tougher from now on-wards as teams are getting closer to Championship pace and fighting to avoid relegation etc. I think if Armagh beat Derry on Sat night it will set them up for promotion even if Fermanagh were to beat them the following week, I still think Derry will be ok too from relegation as i'll expect them to win their last two games (nothing guaranteed I know)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Patrick-Armagh

Armagh v Derry could be a really good game. The extra week off following the bad weather may well see some of the key Slaughneil players coming back in for Derry, which should make a difference to them. From what I've heard, Derry haven't been great so far and have a big rebuild job on their hands. Armagh should look forward to a stern test against a fellow Ulster team. We've done well so far and the last win against Longford was a huge one. We played terribly and won a game we didn't deserve to. I expect another tough encounter here. Derry always play well against us, no matter what their form is. I'd expect the same on Saturday night. If we can get back to playing to how we were before Longford, then I think we should have too much for them. Another win should really tighten our grip on promotion.

magpie seanie

Longford coming to visit on Sunday. Despite the final scoreline I think we didn't do too badly against Westmeath but I suspect Longford are a better side again so we'll need to really up it in this one. It should be obvious what our problems are so hopefully we've addressed some of them. I also hope the upheaval and new faces results in a positive reaction. 3 awkward games left.....need at least one win and possibly more.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Patrick-Armagh on March 08, 2018, 05:19:43 PM
Armagh v Derry could be a really good game. The extra week off following the bad weather may well see some of the key Slaughneil players coming back in for Derry, which should make a difference to them. From what I've heard, Derry haven't been great so far and have a big rebuild job on their hands. Armagh should look forward to a stern test against a fellow Ulster team. We've done well so far and the last win against Longford was a huge one. We played terribly and won a game we didn't deserve to. I expect another tough encounter here. Derry always play well against us, no matter what their form is. I'd expect the same on Saturday night. If we can get back to playing to how we were before Longford, then I think we should have too much for them. Another win should really tighten our grip on promotion.
Not according to our manager. Armagh should beat us handily enough at the minute.

tonto1888

Quote from: oakleaflad on March 09, 2018, 09:48:31 AM
Not according to our manager. Armagh should beat us handily enough at the minute.

not if we play as we have in the last 2 games

Patrick-Armagh

I thought that if the game had gone ahead last weekend they wouldn't have played. Not that I wanting them to play this weekend!

stew

Quote from: Patrick-Armagh on March 09, 2018, 11:18:35 AM
I thought that if the game had gone ahead last weekend they wouldn't have played. Not that I wanting them to play this weekend!

As a Slaughtneil player I imagine you'd be torn, if you are on the panel you hate the thought of going into division 4, that said you are tired, beaten up and carrying injuroes, the heart would say go play, the head would say rest and heal, that is why the manager is so important here, someone needs to protect the players from themselves and I admire what he is doing.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Orior

The McKenna Cup match between Armagh and Derry was close enough.

Derry hi need the win more than Armagh, so i expect the Derry wans to win by 3 or 4 points/
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Owen Brannigan

1 (GK)   Blaine Hughes   Carraig an Chrupáin
2   Patrick Burns   Foirceall
3   Oisin Lappin   An Machaire
4   Paul Hughes   Raonaithe na Croise
5   Niall Rowland   Baile Mhic Cholla
6   Gregory McCabe   Seán Ó Néill
7   Joe McElroy   Cláirsigh Ard Mhacha
8   Stephen Sheridan   Foirceal
9   Charlie Vernon   Cláirsigh Ard Mhacha
10   Ben Crealey   An Machaire