Leinster Senior Hurling Championship 2020

Started by G@@, March 03, 2020, 09:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix.

Quote from: High Fielder on November 28, 2020, 02:40:09 PM
You clearly can't pick up on irony. I'll leave you to it

The tone of that article to me suggested that Eddie was free spending and we're better rid. I don't agree with that, obviously. I'm not getting into a tit for tat with you clonad, because I enjoy reading your posts. I think the CB made a massive error letting Brennan go. He won't be easily replaced

Listening to Peter O'Neill on Midlands 103 this afternoon with Will O Callaghan. See Eamon Jackman been given role of chairing committee for new manager. Hopefully find right person for the job  shortly.

Ogie

Few more names for Eamonn & Co to consider
Brendan Cummins
Liam Dunne ( Wexford )
Richie Mullally
Damien Young
Eoin Brislane
Michael Rice
David Franks
Frank Flannery
Paudie Murray
Jamsie O Connor
Johnny Kelly
Tj ryan

Lots of really good coaches out there, the Manager with the bit of gold dust a lot less plentiful

clonadmad

Ogie

Have heard he has himself ruled out, hopefully not

clonadmad

Quote from: Ogie on November 30, 2020, 02:11:05 PM
Have heard he has himself ruled out, hopefully not

I heard it from more reliable source than myself that he was still in

Some well thought out names from you in your above post

Jamesie has never shown any inclination to coach possibly a non runner

Johnny Kelly is going to commit to Offaly again

Paudie Murray a left field choice but obviously an excellent coach who might want to make an impact in the men's game

Ogie

Hope your correct, would love to see Derek take the job.

On a side note would anyone have a copy / access to documents like Raising the Treaty, or the Dublin blue book that mapped out their entire development plan, maybe they were never made public,
I think everyone here would dearly love to see Cheddars plan, I often thought the production of same would mobilise enough people to get it up & running

clonadmad

so

after all the venting and giving out and complaining

after all the time spent on social media and forums

We have a grand total of 1 new person seeking to upturn the old order on the county board.

We have 3  "contests"

Kieran Levy v Peter O'Neill for the chair

Bryan Breen v Tom Clear for the Vice Chair

Brian Allen for a leinster council seat

by my reckoning there's probably 12-14 positions on the top table, which should result in 12-14 contests every single year

The brother in law is a county board delegate in tipp, there's 5 delegates alone going for the PRO Job, nevermind divisional board elections there as well

Meanwhile Apathy reigns in Laois.

back to sleep everyone

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2020/11/30/new-face-enters-the-race-for-a-spot-on-the-laois-county-board/

burdizzo

Yeah, and no 'hurling men' stepping forward, either.

portlaoisekid

Quote from: clonadmad on November 30, 2020, 06:42:03 PM
so

We have a grand total of 1 new person seeking to upturn the old order on the county board.

We have 3  "contests"

by my reckoning there's probably 12-14 positions on the top table, which should result in 12-14 contests every single year

The brother in law is a county board delegate in tipp, there's 5 delegates alone going for the PRO Job, nevermind divisional board elections there as well

back to sleep everyone

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2020/11/30/new-face-enters-the-race-for-a-spot-on-the-laois-county-board/
have you not seen how many good people have been burnt both at club and county level attempting to better hurling? They are disillusioned and quite frankly given up fighting against the system.

And of course some actually still play the game on here so to come on here and take a smart ass cut at everyone is below the belt..

In any case I assume you are alot closer to our CB that you let on and I wish you the best of luck in the election.

clonadmad

Quote from: portlaoisekid on November 30, 2020, 09:28:53 PM
so

We have 3  "contests"

back to sleep everyone

have you not seen how many good people have been burnt both at club and county level attempting to better hurling? They are disillusioned and quite frankly given up fighting against the system.

And of course some actually still play the game on here so to come on here and take a smart ass cut at everyone is below the belt..

In any case I assume you are alot closer to our CB that you let on and I wish you the best of luck in the election.

Yes

I'm Peter O'Neill

Who are you again?

Well done on spectacularly missing my point

merman

back to sleep everyone

Of course he's not close to the County Board.
This is a poster who joined this site pretending to be from Clonad to ridicule and humiliate a neighbouring club just as a long-standing juvenile arrangement was breaking up. His adopted clubs (hurling and football) are progressive in their outlook and very positive on social media; I'm sure they were embarrassed with his sad attempts at 'trolling' Clonad.

Of course, he is a poster capable of good interjections but his constant eulogizing of his native premier-county is tiresome and condescending.
There are huge issues within our county board structures. These are typified by the postings of a man I presume to be from Kerry who has served a number of roles on said board over the last few years. His 'defense' of the County Board was poorly-conceived and indeed many will have had huge frustrations with his time in Coaching & Games.

There are excellent contributors on this site; I'm sure many are very active with their clubs. As High Fielder says, our intercounty structures are in a precarious state and need an overhaul at national level. As PortlaoiseKid says, many are frustrated with the malaise at county level and have stepped away.
Laois needs change driven first and foremost from our clubs. We need an overhaul of coaching methods and practices at club level so our overall 'base level' increases. We need more players playing and developing at a higher level.
This takes time...it doesn't take county board direction. It's too easy an excuse to make. Too many rush to that simple excuse.

We have a Games Manager now, a good one. It was the one massive positive from the poorly-protected Strategic Review in 2017. He has overhauled how our Development Panels operate and such improvements will bear fruit if the clubs support them and can produce players of the requisite physical, technical and mental standards. Developing a pathway for our players from primary school to Dev Panel to Minor to U20 to Senior will take time but some of the pieces are in place. They need to be developed and protected.

From a hurling perspective, I am amazed the outgoing vice-chair has allowed his name go forward. He is a sitting duck and a candidate (very highly regarded by those who know him) with no baggage will likely sweep home quite comfortably. He is a football man and will be assisting a football man in the chair. The key decision will be who takes on the role of Hurling Chairman. I sincerely hope this man is chosen carefully and deliberately and he is given the autonomy to put together a strong committee of people willing to work to ensure our structures are optimised at county level. There are a number of hurling clubs with no representation at county board level and this needs to be redressed. There is an opportunity for change in 2021.

Keyser Söze

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

clonadmad

Quote from: merman on December 01, 2020, 12:35:52 PM

back to sleep everyone

Of course he's not close to the County Board.
This is a poster who joined this site pretending to be from Clonad to ridicule and humiliate a neighbouring club just as a long-standing juvenile arrangement was breaking up. His adopted clubs (hurling and football) are progressive in their outlook and very positive on social media; I'm sure they were embarrassed with his sad attempts at 'trolling' Clonad.

Of course, he is a poster capable of good interjections but his constant eulogizing of his native premier-county is tiresome and condescending.
There are huge issues within our county board structures. These are typified by the postings of a man I presume to be from Kerry who has served a number of roles on said board over the last few years. His 'defense' of the County Board was poorly-conceived and indeed many will have had huge frustrations with his time in Coaching & Games.

There are excellent contributors on this site; I'm sure many are very active with their clubs. As High Fielder says, our intercounty structures are in a precarious state and need an overhaul at national level. As PortlaoiseKid says, many are frustrated with the malaise at county level and have stepped away.
Laois needs change driven first and foremost from our clubs. We need an overhaul of coaching methods and practices at club level so our overall 'base level' increases. We need more players playing and developing at a higher level.
This takes time...it doesn't take county board direction. It's too easy an excuse to make. Too many rush to that simple excuse.

We have a Games Manager now, a good one. It was the one massive positive from the poorly-protected Strategic Review in 2017. He has overhauled how our Development Panels operate and such improvements will bear fruit if the clubs support them and can produce players of the requisite physical, technical and mental standards. Developing a pathway for our players from primary school to Dev Panel to Minor to U20 to Senior will take time but some of the pieces are in place. They need to be developed and protected.

From a hurling perspective, I am amazed the outgoing vice-chair has allowed his name go forward. He is a sitting duck and a candidate (very highly regarded by those who know him) with no baggage will likely sweep home quite comfortably. He is a football man and will be assisting a football man in the chair. The key decision will be who takes on the role of Hurling Chairman. I sincerely hope this man is chosen carefully and deliberately and he is given the autonomy to put together a strong committee of people willing to work to ensure our structures are optimised at county level. There are a number of hurling clubs with no representation at county board level and this needs to be redressed. There is an opportunity for change in 2021.

Youve a lot going on there son

And all of it wrong in relation to myself

It seems some lads can't take criticism and when I pointed out we had only one new person willing to stand up and run for office it irked a few on here.

It probably cuts close to the bone that lads can pontificate here but can't back it up outside in the real world

Good luck to all the candidates that are willing to put their names forward for election.

It's a pity that more wont

merman

Quote from: clonadmad on December 01, 2020, 02:16:49 PM

Youve a lot going on there son

And all of it wrong in relation to myself

All of it wrong in relation to your good self?

A man so well-versed in the intricacies and functions of the Tipp county board wouldn't come on trying to pass the following as anything more than pure bull.

Quote from: clonadmad on September 23, 2016, 05:57:06 PM
Colt and Shanahoe to join up with ourselves.

Talks at a very advanced stage with u8's up to u21's hurling in the Jersey,being trained in Clonad and with the  club also supplying the mentors across all the age groups,a great boost for the club and also for hurling in the county.

At least own the fact that you initially signed-up to poke fun and belittle your neighbours.
There's not a single poster with any common sense who believes you're from Clonad.

And I agree in wishing all candidates the best of luck.
They're all volunteers and will fulfill their roles and duties to the best of their respective abilities.

We might have frustrations but the officers will be elected by the clubs of Laois and again; it is time the clubs took ownership of their responsibilities in driving Laois forward. Get our own ships in order, start at juvenile level, maximize the potential we have within our own clubs and see where we can go from there.

clonadmad

Your proving what some of your own club men say about you Merman

That when you don't agree with something

Your a bit immature and make it personal

You obviously didn't agree with my post about the apathy surrounding lads going for county board positions and decided to play the man not the ball.

That's more of a reflection on you than it is on me.