Favourite Command Line functions

Started by Orior, October 14, 2009, 11:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Now that Windows 7 is being officially launched, I thought it time for us to reminisce about our favourite old operating system languages.

1) In Reality/PicK, you could type in Choo-Choo and a train would make its way across the screen.

2) In VME, if you typed in an invalid command, like CRFS then you would get back:

"CRFS" does not exist

I used to enjoy teasing the god-squad in my work by typing in god and showing them the response:

"God" does not exist

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

muppet

Quote from: Orior on October 14, 2009, 11:01:39 PM
Now that Windows 7 is being officially launched, I thought it time for us to reminisce about our favourite old operating system languages.

1) In Reality/PicK, you could type in Choo-Choo and a train would make its way across the screen.

2) In VME, if you typed in an invalid command, like CRFS then you would get back:

"CRFS" does not exist

I used to enjoy teasing the god-squad in my work by typing in god and showing them the response:

"God" does not exist

Did you enjoy the soccer?
MWWSI 2017

Treasurer

I still find myself using dir *.* >prn occasionally :)

Orior

Quote from: muppet on October 14, 2009, 11:21:45 PM
Quote from: Orior on October 14, 2009, 11:01:39 PM

"CRFS" does not exist

"God" does not exist

Did you enjoy the soccer?

Delete mupp*.*

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Treasurer on October 14, 2009, 11:25:00 PM
I still find myself using dir *.* >prn occasionally :)
I still use the command line a lot in work every day, beats having to run up and down stairs all day
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Shamrock Shore

vav

stephenite

Orior

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

SidelineKick

Someone explain all of these to me, now!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...