Na Glinntí Glasa

yup. thats exactly how he looked to me lol
hurl like f**k boi!

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 13, 2019, 01:37:28 PM
Quote from: whatwillbwillb on September 13, 2019, 01:24:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 13, 2019, 07:39:34 AM
Quote from: whatwillbwillb on September 13, 2019, 06:37:17 AM
Not being from the hurling side of the house, but again to highlight the basic issues within the county Kevin Parke is due to referee one of the Intermediate Semi Finals tomorrow and his own club sits in the other semi final? Seen this back in the football 1/4 finals also.... putting the lad in a situation that could blow up in his face.. or maybe we just dont have them MR2 ?

I take it you and Stillwater have looked at the fixtures for senior hurling?

Congrats MR2 does this mean that the Senior Final is yours? That doesn't make it right mo chara it just means that the committee doesn't have the refs with enough experience or numbers  .. Totes I'm sure has a plan with big Anto, what happened to Owen Elliott, Duffy Kelly ? Kelly and Duffy reffd both codes did they not..

I take it you haven’t watched many games this year or the past 3 years? I’m not engaging on this subject while we have championship. I’ll certainly chat about it afterwards, it’s not fair on clubs or players to have a ref discussing these matters, nor is it fair to slinging mud at officials

Fair enough MR2 and I genuinely hope your in the Hat for the SHC Final, I have watched many games this year including some of yours,  I'm not slinging mud I know those officials a long time back in the days when they played and things haven't changed much to be fair. Good luck over the weekend have a goodn.

bannside

Good Luck MR2. The most difficult and selfless job in the Gaa is serving your club as referee. The vast majority of us havent got the courage or selflessness to do it, so those who do deserve nothing but praise for keeping our games flowing.

bogieman

yes, I agree, well done and good luck to all the referees and officials at the weekend games, i hope you all get what you deserve...  ;)

BS, praise indeed for referees keeping the games happening, you're stretching it a bit far by saying they keep them flowing; the rules are such that they insist on dictatorial enforcement by the referee these days, where context of the game and live play, incidental contact and common sense are unduly overruled by the assessors box ticking exercise to get a good performance score...

Unfortunately, too much is expected for the referee to make a good game of it; 30 other men are on the pitch.

The players and coaches mostly seem to be the ones that cause the problems, which fuel the fans discontent, and fan the gobsh1tes into overdrive. If the players play good honest ball and curb the off the ball nonsense, the game quality and flow would improve; so, its mostly up to the teams to improve the games, not the referees.

This is not Irish dancing. -RH

bannside

Shouldnt allow this day to pass without giving a huge shout out to our men of 69, who won Antrims only grade a football All Ireland title by defeating Roscommon. I was seven at the time but can clearly recall listening to the match on the radio, probably thinking this was normal!

Fair play to Andy for pulling this reunion together, I hope you have a fantastic night. And lets hope its not another 50!

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Thastheball on September 19, 2019, 02:09:23 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 18, 2019, 10:04:48 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on August 17, 2019, 07:34:05 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 17, 2019, 10:08:20 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 16, 2019, 08:25:34 AM
County chairman has now spoke out about it which is a good thing.
The chairman spoke well on the matter and was manly about it.
Cassidy has some neck complaining about OUR county but sure he has his big pay cheque to comfort him. There has never been less Cargin players representing Antrim than since he came to Cargin. Go and work for YOUR county Cassidy as you are doing nothing for OURs >:(

Who urinated on your pastie bap?
Its a pastie wrap these days!  ;D
It just doesn't sit well with me when a hired hand from another county takes to twitter to lambast our county chairman who seems to me from his work at st enda's and the county to be a hard working volunteer - he admitted it was a mistake and has given his word it won't happen again - Cassidy is just trying to whip up the bad feeling against the county in Cargin for his own ends - its all about him

Sitting here having lunch reading the Irish News on line and looks like Cassidy has put a dent in your rant. Was thinking of taking a scoot up to see this game. Heard last years was a classic.
Where you expecting him to admit it? ;D

Belfast GAA man

LD and Cargin for the senior final ?
What's the betting?

imtommygunn

Portglenone penalty last kick of game to draw. Sounded exciting.

Belfast GAA man

Smashing game - LD will be kicking themselves - not sure whether they eased up or PG1 were really good at the end
Wonder where the replay will be !

imtommygunn

BigBallWeeBall

Will this be another midweek game in Colaiste Feirste?

bannside

I'd say Corrigan next Saturday but who knows. LD a seasoned team, a good outfit, well coached and know what theyre about....but we showed them far too much respect today, stood off them and allowed them to dictate the pace of the game. We played very average,  still scored 3 -10, but we are a much better team than what we showed today. If we bring our A game to the replay we can win this because tbh we wuz very middin today!

imtommygunn

Cargin through - looked to be easy enough I think.

Intermediate final moneyglass v aldergrove and junior Lisburn v ardoyne

Dunsilly King

Quote from: bannside on September 22, 2019, 02:32:13 AM
I'd say Corrigan next Saturday but who knows. LD a seasoned team, a good outfit, well coached and know what theyre about....but we showed them far too much respect today, stood off them and allowed them to dictate the pace of the game. We played very average,  still scored 3 -10, but we are a much better team than what we showed today. If we bring our A game to the replay we can win this because tbh we wuz very middin today!

LD won that game about 4 times, how they lost it is a mystery. I can't even put it down to Casements Character as I thought it was LD thinking they had the job done. Casements will be very disappointed with their performance for sure, especially when you consider how they approached both St Johns games. On another note the ref was so poor. McKeevers catch that led to the gl, as obvious a foul as you will see, using your knee to fetch, planting it on a mans back for leverage is a foul foul foul every time. Fitzsimmons hit on McKeever, clear yellow. Mc Keever hadn't the ball, he had off loaded it. Such basics he totally unaware of.
St Galls V Cargin, a totally dominant display from Cargin. Only winning by five will be the question being asked. Grt to see Kevin O Boyle back playing again and hopefully back in an Antrim jersey. They looked v organised and physical. St Galls didn't turn up or weren't allowed to turn up. Hard to see where they go from here. There more senior players were not at the races. The ref did a good job, consistent and blew the tackles that were needed.

BTW when is the replay?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 23, 2019, 12:08:36 PM
Quote from: bannside on September 22, 2019, 02:32:13 AM

LD won that game about 4 times, how they lost it is a mystery. I can't even put it down to Casements Character as I thought it was LD thinking they had the job done. Casements will be very disappointed with their performance for sure, especially when you consider how they approached both St Johns games. On another note the ref was so poor. McKeevers catch that led to the gl, as obvious a foul as you will see, using your knee to fetch, planting it on a mans back for leverage is a foul foul foul every time. Fitzsimmons hit on McKeever, clear yellow. Mc Keever hadn't the ball, he had off loaded it. Such basics he totally unaware of.
St Galls V Cargin, a totally dominant display from Cargin. Only winning by five will be the question being asked. Grt to see Kevin O Boyle back playing again and hopefully back in an Antrim jersey. They looked v organised and physical. St Galls didn't turn up or weren't allowed to turn up. Hard to see where they go from here. There more senior players were not at the races. The ref did a good job, consistent and blew the tackles that were needed.

BTW when is the replay?

How have you got on this year in your championship games that you've reffed?