?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Wildweasel74

Nice of them Down lads to take the pressure of us!@

Estimator

Didn't see any of the Glen/Lavey game, but it doesn't seem like Glen showed up.

As for the 'Screen / Coleraine game, I thought it was in the balance until the goal. After that it was Coleraine's game to lose. 

With a 4pt cushion at half time, they were always going to be tough to beat. We needed to get the first couple of points or an early goal, but neither happened.

When we didn't push up, they held possession. When we did they played around us picking off scores.

We only started putting more pressure on them when we kicked the ball in with a target man at the edge of the square, and a couple of others around him. Maybe if we'd done that from the start of the second half we would have made them drop deeper and give us more space out the field.
Ulster League Champions 2009

toby47

With only the final to go who would you say has impressed in this years championship and would be deserving of a county call up?

Holly, Colm McGoldrick, Ciaran Mullan, Eamonn McGill, Niall Toner, Ryan Bell, Benny Herron & the Lavey keeper have been the stand outs for me. I was also impressed with Jack Doherty from Glen yesterday. I wonder how many of them will be on the panel this year.

BackInTheGame

Quote from: toby47 on October 08, 2018, 08:57:18 AM
With only the final to go who would you say has impressed in this years championship and would be deserving of a county call up?

Holly, Colm McGoldrick, Ciaran Mullan, Eamonn McGill, Niall Toner, Ryan Bell, Benny Herron & the Lavey keeper have been the stand outs for me. I was also impressed with Jack Doherty from Glen yesterday. I wonder how many of them will be on the panel this year.
McGill, Toner and Bell definitely impressed me. The Lavey keeper would be an interesting one to call up, I think he's about 30 years old and never played County but he's a good keeper, has been for a while, and his kicking is maybe the best of any keeper I've seen all year. 

Any number of the Coleraine boys would be worth a go in the first Derry squad of 2019 to be honest.  Colm McGoldrick in particular though.

Link

toner is some operator, looks like he gets bottled up then finds space all the time. Imagine he would be a nightmare to mark.

Potentially some year for lavey after securing u16 and in minor/senior finals.

tonesfirstandlast

My observations from the weekend for what it's worth.
For excitement and drama, Cargin and St Galls couldn't be better
Draperstown and Maghera, well just Draperstown and Maghera were always and always will be
I thought we would have made it to a county final before the neighbours
And does Screenexile just post when Draperstown wins or there's a row somewhere

Delegater

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on October 08, 2018, 02:54:26 PM
My observations from the weekend for what it's worth.
For excitement and drama, Cargin and St Galls couldn't be better
Draperstown and Maghera, well just Draperstown and Maghera were always and always will be
I thought we would have made it to a county final before the neighbours
And does Screenexile just post when Draperstown wins or there's a row somewhere

He has plenty of time to continue his obsession with diving tyrone players now.

Real Talk

Quote from: BackInTheGame on October 08, 2018, 11:12:14 AM

McGill, Toner and Bell definitely impressed me. The Lavey keeper would be an interesting one to call up, I think he's about 30 years old and never played County but he's a good keeper, has been for a while, and his kicking is maybe the best of any keeper I've seen all year. 

Any number of the Coleraine boys would be worth a go in the first Derry squad of 2019 to be honest.  Colm McGoldrick in particular though.

What was the Lavey keeper's short kick-outs like ?

I think he got a county trial about 7/8 yrs ago

You, Yew and Ewe

Quote from: Real Talk on October 08, 2018, 04:29:46 PM

With the wind, both long and short kick-outs were excellent, pinged directly were they were to go.  Free kicks were excellent too, knocking one over from about 55m.

Against the wind they were pretty good as well, with one or two bobblers causing a bit of a panic.

Overall he was very good, sound handling and great distribution.  Definitely worth a look at.

club football only

Quote from: You, Yew and Ewe on October 08, 2018, 04:54:02 PM
Quote from: Real Talk on October 08, 2018, 04:29:46 PM
Talking about goalkeepers I think ballymaguigans is very good and worth a try, he has made some very impressive saves in the last couple of championship matches and his kick outs have been spot on and is still quite young!!!! Worth a try!

With the wind, both long and short kick-outs were excellent, pinged directly were they were to go.  Free kicks were excellent too, knocking one over from about 55m.

Against the wind they were pretty good as well, with one or two bobblers causing a bit of a panic.

Overall he was very good, sound handling and great distribution.  Definitely worth a look at.

Joe toe

Well done Banagher and Limavady. Keeper lit Coleraine for a North Derry treble

theticklemister

Quote from: Joe toe on October 08, 2018, 08:13:59 PM

yeah, plus them Downey boyos use to make us pay a tenner for our own working shirts when we worked in earth and sugar, the w**ker

wide as a gate!

only seen the lavey keeper this year against us just       a mad man from what i saw     particularly in drawn game at draperstown   

restorepride

Quote from: theticklemister on October 08, 2018, 08:37:25 PM
Quote from: Joe toe on October 08, 2018, 08:13:59 PM

yeah, plus them Downey boyos use to make us pay a tenner for our own working shirts when we worked in earth and sugar, the w**ker
Which one?