FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

The two Burnley boys are massive.  Brady has been unavailable for a long time while Hendrick has gone off the boil big time.  Get those 2 playing and the north west contingent of mcclean, Duffy and Coleman and we're half way there.
Surely Doherty will get a starting spot and I've high hopes for obafemi. 
After that we're struggling a bit but be positive.

From the Bunker

Quote from: An Watcher on December 03, 2018, 09:55:29 PM
The two Burnley boys are massive.  Brady has been unavailable for a long time while Hendrick has gone off the boil big time.  Get those 2 playing and the north west contingent of mcclean, Duffy and Coleman and we're half way there.
Surely Doherty will get a starting spot and I've high hopes for obafemi. 
After that we're struggling a bit but be positive.

In fairness you could add Randolf - he holds his own?

An Watcher

Yep, made the number one spot his own even though he had a howler on Sat apparently.

SHEEDY

Quote from: An Watcher on December 03, 2018, 10:03:25 PM
Yep, made the number one spot his own even though he had a howler on Sat apparently.

yeah let a shot from none other than glenn whelan spill through his hands.
nil satis nisi optimum

Capt Pat

Randolph isn't great but is the best we have in goals for now. I have high hopes for Gavin Bazunu of Shamrock Rovers who will be joining Man City after he completes his leaving cert in the summer. He is only 16 and has aready starred in the league of Ireland.

Baile Brigín 2

Bazuna seems to be the real deal. Not sure if City is the best place for him, but they paid a million for him so thats where he goes. Apparantly a very level headed kid with a good family behind him.

seafoid

Arguably the main reason the BIG are so poor is the
modern EPL and the FAI's failure to sort out a replacement:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/03/gareth-southgate-condemns-shortage-england-players-premier-league
The shortage of homegrown players in the Premier League, which hit record lows this past weekend, is "incredible" and "a conundrum we have to solve" according to the England manager, Gareth Southgate.
In the 14th round of fixtures which took place this weekend only 54 players eligible to play for England started in the top flight. This was down from the previous week, which itself had been a record low.
Four members of the England team which beat Croatia to qualify for the Uefa Nations League finals last month did not start for their club sides this weekend and Southgate has called for action to stop the trend.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Baile Brigín 2

They have a replacement and shafted the schoolboy clubs to build it. Its the league of ireland. Problem is the ole ole brigade see it as beneath them

lurganblue

Under a proper style of football Scott Hogan would be an asset to the Ireland team and would get goals. The kicking the ball long into the channels style is not his game. Not sure this will change under McCarthy either though.

I'd have a bit of hope that young Jake Doyle Hayes at Villa will turn in to a good international.  He is only 19 and looks such a comfortable midfielder. He is very close to getting starts in the first team and has captained the under 23s i believe.

Itchy

Quote from: Capt Pat on December 04, 2018, 12:29:47 AM
Randolph isn't great but is the best we have in goals for now. I have high hopes for Gavin Bazunu of Shamrock Rovers who will be joining Man City after he completes his leaving cert in the summer. He is only 16 and has aready starred in the league of Ireland.

He is still a better goalkeeper than Shay Given or Packie Bonner were in my opinion.

Baile Brigín 2

U23 is Olympic team, LoI selection. I assume you mean U21?

Wpuld be the second Cavanman to play for the senior team if he made it.

Meath, Offally, Carlow, Tyrone and Leitrim are the only ones to not have produced an Ireland player.

rodney trotter

Meath had their first player capped this year. Darragh Lenihan of Blackburn. His brother was on the meath panel.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 04, 2018, 01:22:19 PM
Meath had their first player capped this year. Darragh Lenihan of Blackburn. His brother was on the meath panel.

Correct and noted.

seafoid

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on December 04, 2018, 12:26:25 PM
They have a replacement and shafted the schoolboy clubs to build it. Its the league of ireland. Problem is the ole ole brigade see it as beneath them
That's not a replacement
It's like saying the Tipp Junior C championship could replace the Munster senior intercounty championship 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: seafoid on December 04, 2018, 01:47:21 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on December 04, 2018, 12:26:25 PM
That's not a replacement
It's like saying the Tipp Junior C championship could replace the Munster senior intercounty championship

Of course it is.

Look at the Irish squad. More players there came through the loi ranks than the schoolboy. Now there has been an investment and change in structure. We will see, but the U15s beat holland over there. The genuine soccer lads I know are very happy with the change in direction so far.