Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

sorry our misinterpreting what i meant.

A sponsor gets what they paid for - exposure and advertising of their business and will get a return for their money

i was meaning that an outside source paying for a manager to take a senior side.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on April 27, 2020, 07:12:45 PM

A sponsor gets what they paid for - exposure and advertising of their business and will get a return for their money

i was meaning that an outside source paying for a manager to take a senior side.

No I meant that an outside sponsor can bank roll clubs to provide better facilities this in turn puts them at a better advantage to the next club. But I'm not against it I'm just showing that there is money in GAA and if they have the means to use it then so be it.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2020, 09:06:37 PM

No I meant that an outside sponsor can bank roll clubs to provide better facilities this in turn puts them at a better advantage to the next club. But I'm not against it I'm just showing that there is money in GAA and if they have the means to use it then so be it.

Name me an Antrim club that's been bankrolled for better facilities?

Na Glinntí Glasa

the costs each year to a club are unreal. they have to pay more than any other sporting organisation about just to keep things going.

You have your insurance for the grounds and properties itself. within that you have rates, bin collections, oil bills, electric bills, potentially telephone bills, grounds maintenance, repairs to equipment etc etc. Clubs that have social clubs have then all thier fees to be included into the mix as well as well as legal costs for licencing etc.

After that your into players insurance for the GAA which varies based on the no of teams you have in hurling and football but is usually around £4-6k.

Camogie is a bit different. You have to pay an All Ireland levy of 350 euro just to be allowed to register a player on the system to play. After that you have the injury insurance fee which is around £2.5k per club. The ladies football will also be the same carry on.

All of the above requires a lot of money and for a club like ourselves it takes on average over £2k per week (last time it was worked out) to run it for a year. The above is all done for free by people and looked after and ran for each season for free the same as every other club around. We need that income from lottos, bars, draws, sponsorship, fundraisers etc to keep the doors open and provide the opportunity for our youth to play our great games.

then you go and hand £20k to someone to take a senior team for a year in the club. Go figure.
hurl like f**k boi!

marty34

Totally agree DR.

Point is, more time, money and resources should be spent on starting out at U6's (Nursery), U8's and U10's and putting every effort into these age groups.  That's not meaning neglecting the other teams but a lot more emphasis on these 3 teams.  Clubs should put a development plan like this in place.

Unfortunately the majority of club members think that the senior team is the pinacle and keep pumping money and resources etc. into it without any solid foundation.  Throwing money after money.  The 'get success quick' muppets who think this is the way to go.  They are chasing their tail.  New season, new manager but same result - no plan or structure.

Working up obviously takes a lot of time but it also take a lot of buy in from club members which is harder to attain as they see the senior team as the flagship.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 28, 2020, 08:47:30 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2020, 09:06:37 PM

Name me an Antrim club that's been bankrolled for better facilities?

Can, I'm sure there are club sponsors which pay a annual fee which pays for facilities and up keep of facilities, there are plenty cases of this in Dublin clubs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Who in antrim is paying 20k to their managers?

Very few would be - maybe one or two...

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 28, 2020, 01:28:18 PM

I've heard of 2 clubs paying managers huge money to clubs but that's rumours..

imtommygunn

Yeah but there'd be very few clubs in the county capable of that. I know the two you are talking about and would guess they are situated rather closely together lol.

Milltown Row2

Well they won't be paid this year!

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 28, 2020, 04:00:43 PM

Would they be on 80% furlough
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on April 28, 2020, 04:25:12 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on April 28, 2020, 04:24:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 28, 2020, 04:00:43 PM

Would they be on 80% furlough
Yes, 80% of what they're declaring.

Put them on a retainer, they'll understand

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 28, 2020, 01:28:18 PM

to be fair i used that total on a numbers i heard threw about for some people to be paid to take teams. its pure conjecture but at the same times its more to do with the wastage given to mercenaries.

You can throw all the money you want at a senior team manager but without the years of hard work put in at under age it will amount to a small gain and long term loss.

Coach the coaches you have and it will produce the next line of senior managers
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

I think I've said before that my own club have used outside managers in the past, due to the fact that we don't have the people within our own club to want to take senior teams. We've no end of people wanting to take underage teams but nobody wants to step up to the senior set up.

Belfast GAA man

does anyone think if there were no paid managers Team would fold?