Started by Dinny Breen, April 10, 2018, 11:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

Blowitupref

Well done to Kildare backed up their minor Leinster title won two years ago with U20 provincial title tonight and both finals won by a bit to spare also.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Gael85

Well done Kildare. Completely dominated midfield. Aaron Masterson was very good. Centre forward was good before went off. Is McLoughlin lad a son of Paul(Wexford manager)? Majority of that Dublin eligible again next year and will hopefully learn from today.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 06, 2018, 07:34:22 PM
Small attendance at this Leinster U20 final.

I reckon the only Dublin supporters there were family members and that Meath lad who took Mick McDonaghs place behind the goal.
Anyway a terrific win by a great bunch who didn't panic when it was clear they were up against 16 men. Defensively they completely nullified Doran and Madden and I don't think Dublin had a plan b after that.
I think we are out again next weekend which is a bit mad as they have been playing every week for 5 weeks now and it is 7 games in 8 weeks I think. The run of matches has been beneficial in getting the team organised though.

Gael85

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on July 06, 2018, 10:08:06 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 06, 2018, 07:34:22 PM
Small attendance at this Leinster U20 final.

I reckon the only Dublin supporters there were family members and that Meath lad who took Mick McDonaghs place behind the goal.
Anyway a terrific win by a great bunch who didn't panic when it was clear they were up against 16 men. Defensively they completely nullified Doran and Madden and I don't think Dublin had a plan b after that.
I think we are out again next weekend which is a bit mad as they have been playing every week for 5 weeks now and it is 7 games in 8 weeks I think. The run of matches has been beneficial in getting the team organised though.

Ye won the game on merit. Don't start that crap. Yes ye should got frees in first half but he same for both teams in second half.

Jinxy

Donnellys Hollow

I did not see that performance coming. The defending was magnificent. Our tackling broke the Dublin hearts. Masterson and Marnell might lack pace but make up for it with their work rate. They dominated the kickout battle. Jimmy Hyland has the ability to tear defences apart but I doubt he will get as much space the next day.

Great to see small clubs like Ardclough and Ballyteague producing quality Kildare footballers.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Gael85 on July 06, 2018, 10:04:56 PM
Well done Kildare. Completely dominated midfield. Aaron Masterson was very good. Centre forward was good before went off. Is McLoughlin lad a son of Paul(Wexford manager)? Majority of that Dublin eligible again next year and will hopefully learn from today.

No but same club.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Hound

Wow, if Kuwabatake Sanjuro is that bitter when they win, I wouldnt like to see if they'd lost!

Well done Kildare. By far the better team. I honestly was surprised we got to the final from what I heard about this team, but there seemed to be far more potential senior intercounty stars in white this evening. At least it'll stop the nonsense about how we "look after" 70 or 80 lads at this age group  ::)

Interesting to get a blast in person (even if only on TV) of a reminder of what it's like to lose to Kildare. I'm certainly not looking forward to the day they bring that to senior against us! Long may I wait...

But genuinely best of luck to Kildare in the All Ireland series. Will be a very interesting 3 games, and I hope yis bring home the cup, some smashing players.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

No bitterness, just pointing out how bad Anthony Nolan was. Anyway it galvanised the players if anything.

mup

I too thought the ref was shocking in the first half. Really poor.

He did improve after half time.

Hound

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on July 06, 2018, 11:11:55 PM
No bitterness, just pointing out how bad Anthony Nolan was. Anyway it galvanised the players if anything.
The fact that you believe the ref was biased towards Dublin says it all!
Thank the lord for the biased, it really galvanised kildare  ;D

Anyway, enjoy, and I think you should give your lads and management a bit more credit than saying it required the ref to galvanise them!

Dinny Breen

The quadruple is still on.

Massive win that didn't seem likely when 8 points down to Laois with 20 mins to go in the 2nd group game. In fact their obituary was being written and not just for them but whole of Kildare GAA as that Laois game was 3 days after the senior Carlow debacle.

Instead they recovered and won by a point, getting better with each game and that recovery has been a catalyst for all Kildare GAA teams. Christy Ring, Leinster Junior & u20 champs,  and possible Leinster minor finalists, senior AI quarter finalists and Junior AI finalists after tomorrow. An unbelievable 5 weeks.

Gives hope but it's the hope that kills you in the end.
#newbridgeornowhere