Leinster Senior, u20 & Minor Football Championship 2019

Started by Dinny Breen, April 10, 2018, 11:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 10, 2018, 09:46:23 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 10, 2018, 06:57:38 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 10, 2018, 06:53:13 PM
Caught a few minutes of Dublin v Longford, should Cooper have walked for the high elbow?
Without question.

The ref probably didn't want to ruin the game  :o

When you play at home you get those marginal decisions, away from Croke Park in an away venue, red all day. Sick of telling people this shit adds up.
#newbridgeornowhere

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Even a 2nd yellow for a high tackle at a minimum. Deegan was in a bad position to see it in fairness. He should be punished retrospectively but it won't happen.

tippabu

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on June 10, 2018, 10:33:06 PM
Even a 2nd yellow for a high tackle at a minimum. Deegan was in a bad position to see it in fairness. He should be punished retrospectively but it won't happen.

jesus dont say that, just let it go. Dublin are unbearable enough with this shite they are constantly peddling that all the culchies are out to get them, and the gaa and the media do everything in their power to try stop them and they are treated so unfairly and no other county (despite being shown loads of examples) get the bans they get. Mad as all this sounds they seem to believe it. Just let it go, they are already in a big hissy because cluxton was hit with a dirty challenge and the longford player only got a red.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 10, 2018, 10:06:09 PM
Caught a few minutes of Dublin v Longford, should Cooper have walked for the high elbow?
Without question.

When you play at home you get those marginal decisions, away from Croke Park in an away venue, red all day. Sick of telling people this shit adds up.

Why not just relish the fact that you are witnessing probably the greatest Gaelic football team of all time. Enjoy it - continuous bellyaching is not good for you.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

mrdeeds

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on June 10, 2018, 11:00:38 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 10, 2018, 10:06:09 PM
Without question.

Why not just relish the fact that you are witnessing probably the greatest Gaelic football team of all time. Enjoy it - continuous bellyaching is not good for you.

Because Dublin are the greatest team ever you're not allowed question any decisions that go against them or your county? Have a word with yourself.

yellowcard

Cooper gets away with blue murder by referees. I seem to recall him getting away with a Kung fu kick against Mayo 3/4 years ago in a semi final and he is almost guaranteed to commit at least one yellow card offence in every match. The closed fist to the jaw incident today was a blatant red but Deegan bottled it.

Laois will be delighted to be back in a Leinster final but the reality of the task facing them will kick in over the next few days. They could potentially face another 15/20 point defeat which many counties often struggle to maintain morale afterwards. They still have an outside chance of the super 8s as long as they realise that their season doesn't end after a Leinster final defeat. In many ways the final qualifier match will be more important for them.

As for Dublin, it's still bemusing listening to Jim Gavin say that the sending off changed the match when the world and his dog knew it was over once the first goal went in. I still get the feeling that his man management of the most talented footballer in Ireland will come back to bite before the end of the season. It's Jim trying to lay down the law but at what price.

Syferus

Quote from: yellowcard on June 10, 2018, 11:32:27 PM
Cooper gets away with blue murder by referees. I seem to recall him getting away with a Kung fu kick against Mayo 3/4 years ago in a semi final and he is almost guaranteed to commit at least one yellow card offence in every match. The closed fist to the jaw incident today was a blatant red but Deegan bottled it.

Laois will be delighted to be back in a Leinster final but the reality of the task facing them will kick in over the next few days. They could potentially face another 15/20 point defeat which many counties often struggle to maintain morale afterwards. They still have an outside chance of the super 8s as long as they realise that their season doesn't end after a Leinster final defeat. In many ways the final qualifier match will be more important for them.

As for Dublin, it's still bemusing listening to Jim Gavin say that the sending off changed the match when the world and his dog knew it was over once the first goal went in. I still get the feeling that his man management of the most talented footballer in Ireland will come back to bite before the end of the season. It's Jim trying to lay down the law but at what price.

Lol at thinking Connolly is the best player in the country (was he actually ever that?) and lol at the idea his absence is in any way going to prevent Dublin from waltzing away with another AI.

Laoiseabu

Syrerus, Dublin won't win the all Ireland this year . Mark my words

joemamas

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on June 10, 2018, 10:33:06 PM

Wouldn't matter if he was or not, a shit referee, lacking balls.
Does John Small in 2016 All-Ireland ring a bell.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Syferus on June 10, 2018, 11:44:30 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 10, 2018, 11:32:27 PM

Lol at thinking Connolly is the best player in the country (was he actually ever that?) and lol at the idea his absence is in any way going to prevent Dublin from waltzing away with another AI.

Say what you like but he's an extremely talented footballer and Dublin wouldn't have won that All Ireland without him last year
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Laoiseabu on June 10, 2018, 11:59:11 PM
Syrerus, Dublin won't win the all Ireland this year . Mark my words

And who's going to stop them?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Laois should go around the county picking the biggest hatchet men from the junior football ranks.
I mean the type of lads that have at least two of their joints permanently strapped up.
Send them out against the Dubs and keep the actual team fresh for the qualifiers.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jinxy on June 11, 2018, 10:29:21 AM
Laois should go around the county picking the biggest hatchet men from the junior football ranks.
I mean the type of lads that have at least two of their joints permanently strapped up.
Send them out against the Dubs and keep the actual team fresh for the qualifiers.

Tongue in cheek but you speak the truth, if I was manager of Laois I would sit the lads down, get the buy-in from the players, rotate the team and go for hell to leather at the qualifiers. I think we can see outside the GAA's team Dublin, Kerry & maybe Galway/Mayo there has been a closing of standards this year, every team in round 4 of the qualifiers will fancy their chances, if they avoid Mayo and their momentum ,and at least it will be played at a neutral venue.
#newbridgeornowhere

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Jinxy on June 11, 2018, 10:29:21 AM
Dublin v Camross would make for compelling viewing.