Started by Dinny Breen, April 10, 2018, 11:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Jinxy on June 04, 2018, 03:47:32 PM
FT
Meath 2-11
Kildare 1-13
Great win!

Good game, could easily have went either way. Assuming Kildare can get the better of Wicklow in the next game the extra game in the quarter final should be beneficial as there is plenty of scope for improvement. The referee was bad for both teams and it was a lottery to figure out whether frees would be given and which way. Impressed with the Meath keeper and the nippy corner forward, our keeper does not look like a shotstopper but is top class in every other department.

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

thejuice

Don't suppose Leinster GAA have anything as useful as a table showing the standings after today's games. Can't find anything on their website.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: thejuice on June 04, 2018, 05:46:41 PM
Don't suppose Leinster GAA have anything as useful as a table showing the standings after today's games. Can't find anything on their website.

Meath 4pts
Kildare 2pts
Laois 2pts
Wicklow 0pts

Dublin 4pts
Westmeath 2pts
Wexford 2pts
Longford 0pts (think this is right for group a)

Offaly 2pts
Carlow 2pts
Louth 0pts

Offaly and Carlow are in the quarter finals now while the 2nd placed teams in the other groups join them. Meath and Dublin likely to be in the semis now.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on June 04, 2018, 04:39:30 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 04, 2018, 03:47:32 PM
FT
Meath 2-11
Kildare 1-13
Great win!

Good game, could easily have went either way. Assuming Kildare can get the better of Wicklow in the next game the extra game in the quarter final should be beneficial as there is plenty of scope for improvement. The referee was bad for both teams and it was a lottery to figure out whether frees would be given and which way. Impressed with the Meath keeper and the nippy corner forward, our keeper does not look like a shotstopper but is top class in every other department.

They played a titanic game two years ago, took extra-time to separate them. If they earn a quarter-final spot and win that I assume they will be playing Dublin in the semi. With a bit of momentum that could be the right time to play Dublin.
#newbridgeornowhere

Hound

There should be some really good Dublin-Kildare-Meath matches coming up. Very hard to call. The winner should have a good chance to go all the way. And some of the others aren't that far behind either.

Shamrock Shore

Any predictions for Sunday's senior semi-finals?

Carlow v Laois - Laois
Dublin v Longford - Longford

Longford have been training on the wide open plains of the Serengeti to get used to Croke Park so this will stand to us. Warm weather training will be good as well as the game goes into the melting pot with 10 minutes to go.

Dubs could spring a surprise after the lucky escape against Wicklow but I think we're looking good for our first Leinster final in 50 years.

seafoid

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 07, 2018, 09:50:08 AM

Carlow v Laois - Laois

Longford have been training on the wide open plains of the Serengeti to get used to Croke Park so this will stand to us. Warm weather training will be good as well as the game goes into the melting pot with 10 minutes to go.

Dubs could spring a surprise after the lucky escape against Wicklow but I think we're looking good for our first Leinster final in 50 years.
Carlow to bate Laois
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

RTE showing the semi final that nobody cares about.

Rossfan

Typical idiocy by RTÉ.
Anybody that wants to see the slaughter will be at the game.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dinny Breen

I say the Longford players can't wait to be patronised on RTE.
#newbridgeornowhere

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 07, 2018, 10:21:21 PM
I say the Longford players can't wait to be patronised on RTE.

Especially if Marty Morrissey is commentating.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

laoislad

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 07, 2018, 09:50:08 AM

Carlow v Laois - Laois

Be some craic. Won't be anyone stopping Shamrock Shore running onto the pitch if Longford win...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Shamrock Shore

QuoteWon't be anyone stopping Shamrock Shore running onto the pitch if Longford win...

Ha - I am sure some fecker in a yellow bib will rugby-tackle me as Plan B swings into action.