David Clifford protection

Started by Kingdom37, January 25, 2020, 11:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingdom37

Have to say David Clifford greatest player of our generation.   A common theme is lack of protection from referees. Same again tonight,  could buy a free .We never get the big calls in games. Should referees be doing more to protect David Clifford?

From the Bunker

yellowcard

He's over 6 foot and well built, if he was a slender 5'8 19 year old you might have a point. So in a word no.

Kingdom37

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 25, 2020, 11:43:05 PM
No!

Close the thread!

He not like a Andy Moran who just fell over and got the handy free all the time.

bannside

Agree. Close the thread. Anyway.... Brian Fenton is the most complete player in the game atm and has been for about 3 or 4 years. Clifford is a class act though, not disputing that for a second.

larryin89

Just after watching the way the dubs went for him at the final whistle , pure dirt , cant cope with the fact there is no player in Dublin set up near as skilful . Rave all ya want about the great dubl8n side and I agree but they have never had a top skills player like Clifford , gooch, Joyce ,McDonald .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

fearsiuil

Very bad form from Howard going at Clifford after last equalising free, he was also trying to conduct the referee all night along with McCarthy and Philly. Philly with 2 red card acts last night but is still hard done by. Great entertainment in fairness, people online giving out about ref need to look at what their own players are up to - Gaelic football is a near impossible game to referee when every trick in the book being used to slow down play, lads running at free taker before striking ball etc. Thought Hurson dealt firmly with what looked to me to be mainly Dublin player excessive complaining.

yellowcard

Quote from: larryin89 on January 26, 2020, 12:15:32 PM
Just after watching the way the dubs went for him at the final whistle , pure dirt , cant cope with the fact there is no player in Dublin set up near as skilful . Rave all ya want about the great dubl8n side and I agree but they have never had a top skills player like Clifford , gooch, Joyce ,McDonald .

Diarmuid Connolly.

larryin89

Quote from: yellowcard on January 26, 2020, 12:41:01 PM

Diarmuid Connolly.

Fair point

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on January 26, 2020, 01:37:37 PM

Diarmuid Connolly.

Fair point

Bernard Brogan, Alan Brogan

larryin89

Not as complete as skilful as Clifford imo

Halfquarter

Quote from: larryin89 on January 26, 2020, 01:37:37 PM

Diarmuid Connolly.

Fair point

Really loved the skill of Clifford the way he sold his dummies and glided through the Dublin defence. A world away  from the 'Warrenball' type of dummies being sold by the muscle bound  teams that are all in vogue nowadays.

joemamas

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 25, 2020, 11:43:05 PM
No!

Close the thread!

+1

Also please stop the idiot who has multiple names

The greatest
Kerryforsams
Kingdom 37

From starting a thread on here

From the Bunker

Quote from: fearsiuil on January 26, 2020, 12:27:01 PM

Very bad form from Howard going at Clifford after last equalising free, he was also trying to conduct the referee all night along with McCarthy and Philly. Philly with 2 red card acts last night but is still hard done by. Great entertainment in fairness, people online giving out about ref need to look at what their own players are up to - Gaelic football is a near impossible game to referee when every trick in the book being used to slow down play, lads running at free taker before striking ball etc. Thought Hurson dealt firmly with what looked to me to be mainly Dublin player excessive complaining.

Welcome to top level intercounty football! The referee is there to be influenced! Dublin have the greater influence and they are naturally going to use it. 

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: yellowcard on January 25, 2020, 11:45:14 PM
He's over 6 foot and well built, if he was a slender 5'8 19 year old you might have a point. So in a word no.
Doesn't matter what size he is, and it shouldn't be used against him.  A foul is a foul.