American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

That's the conundrum. No point putting him in there if he's running for his life. Bradford is a perfectly serviceable quarterback, but he needs protection. Now in fairness he was only sacked once yesterday I believe, so that's not terrible against a very good front 7 in LA. My biggest dissatisfaction is the play calling so far. They are not using David Johnson, and they are not taking any shots at all.

Minder

Josh Gordon to the Pats by the look of it
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Gonzales and Carlson both gone. Dan Bailey on his way to the Vikings.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Minder on September 17, 2018, 08:13:49 PM
Browns got a 5th round pick for him according to NFL.com

magpie seanie

Quote from: Crete Boom on September 18, 2018, 12:50:05 AM

Love em or hate em you have to give it to the Patriots. That's an absolute steal* for a player of his ability especially for a team that needs exactly his talents. Apparently the hamstring is now fine.

* The Vikings took that kicker Carlson (grrrr) with their 5th round pick in this years draft.

tyroneman

Raiders continue to be a sh!t show.

$100 million coach Gruden bemoans lack of pass rush, but is relying on rookies to achieve pressure on QB and says he doesn't regret trading Mack (another sack v Seahawks btw).

'Leader' Irvin strolls about while Denver are in their 2 minute drill.

Not enough talent to rotate players in when Defense are clearly struggling. Can manage decent first half performances then wrecked in the second...who would have guessed with one of the oldest squads in the NFL

Bringing back a WR who is being suspended by the league, AFTER you had already cut him ..... and who you gave up a 3rd  round pick for - for what - 1 or 2 games?

Karl Joseph, a first round draft picking up splinters on the bench while Reggie Nelson ambles about the secondary

McKenzie's drafting has been woeful for the most part and yet another rebuild is on the cards.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 18, 2018, 08:27:44 AM
Quote from: Crete Boom on September 18, 2018, 12:50:05 AM

Love em or hate em you have to give it to the Patriots. That's an absolute steal* for a player of his ability especially for a team that needs exactly his talents. Apparently the hamstring is now fine.

* The Vikings took that kicker Carlson (grrrr) with their 5th round pick in this years draft.

Talent no doubt but there is a huge question mark over him, I would say he is 50/50 to last the season with the Pats. People have become intoxicated by that unbelievable season he had in 2013, a long time ago. Obviously the Pats are taking a low risk gamble, low salary and draft pick, hoping he may be Randy Moss 2.0

gallsman

Most of the lads the Pats try out in this fashion don't work out. For every Moss there are 5 or more Chad Ochocincos.

As for Gruden bemoaning the lack of a pass rush, I took that as a bit of a gag between him and all his media pals given the stick he's taken for the trade.

magpie seanie

I think the risk is overstated. It's clear to me he was trying to get traded or released and his absence from training camp was probably to try and get released. He looks in great shape and while 2013 may never be equalled even with a good dropoff from that he'll be excellent. for the price it's a steal.

cadhlancian

Also, if Gordon isn't active for at least 10 games this season , then the Browns have to give the Pats back a 7th rounder. Absolute steal for the Pats and to me , in their current predicament, an absolute no brained. Very little downside , and huge upside.

Minder

Quote from: cadhlancian on September 20, 2018, 03:34:47 PM
Also, if Gordon isn't active for at least 10 games this season , then the Browns have to give the Pats back a 7th rounder. Absolute steal for the Pats and to me , in their current predicament, an absolute no brained. Very little downside , and huge upside.

I just think he has missed too much time the last few years, no training camp either this year. I don't think the Pats will be expecting much

magpie seanie

Quote from: Minder on September 20, 2018, 05:24:37 PM
Quote from: cadhlancian on September 20, 2018, 03:34:47 PM

I just think he has missed too much time the last few years, no training camp either this year. I don't think the Pats will be expecting much

His locker is beside Tom Brady so I'd say they're going to give hime every chance.

Oraisteach

Been 635 days since our last win, I believe, so expecting a win tonight for my Believeland Crowns ( no longer Clowns). Here we go Brownies, Here we go, Woof! Woof!

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Oraisteach on September 21, 2018, 12:46:51 AM
Been 635 days since our last win, I believe, so expecting a win tonight for my Believeland Crowns ( no longer Clowns). Here we go Brownies, Here we go, Woof! Woof!

0-0 draw maybe :-\

Carmen Stateside

Jets moving it easy on the ground now.  Mayfield has to come into the game soon.